• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TrueGCFan

Dylan Thompson: Has the Talent to Be Great

17 posts in this topic

While there is no doubt Shaw will be missed if Dylan puts in the work it appears he has, we should be find at the QB spot next year.

I forgot some of the throws he has made. There are some dimes on this highlight reel.

I think it will all come down to how he has matured as a leader. He can make all the throws(actually a better passer than Shaw), and will have a great line and RB stable with him...actually tons of offensive weapons all around. Can he be the main guy? I think he can, and his attitude and support of Shaw and everyone while doing whatever he can to help indicates that imho. 2014 should be another great season in Columbia.

Sometimes, I really do love the offseason.

"We are great, every recruit wants in, and all our projects will be all Americans"

Sometimes, I really do love the offseason.

"We are great, every recruit wants in, and all our projects will be all Americans"

I didn't say he is great. He has the talent to be. Did you see some of the throws he made in the posted video?

I said in an earlier thread when asked if Dylan will be better than Shaw, I said and still believe Dylan will have more throwing yards, more TDs, and more interceptions this season the Shaw.

What I can about is will he have as many wins. That has a lot more to do than just Dylan.

I didn't say he is great. He has the talent to be. Did you see some of the throws he made in the posted video?

I said in an earlier thread when asked if Dylan will be better than Shaw, I said and still believe Dylan will have more throwing yards, more TDs, and more interceptions this season the Shaw.

What I can about is will he have as many wins. That has a lot more to do than just Dylan.

Slow your roll.

I'm just teasing.

Slow your roll.

I'm just teasing.

I know. I wasn't meaning it to read like I was coming after you.

lets all hope he keeps the train rolling and we finally capture that elusive sec crown! id love to hear the butthurt from some fans on here once that happens, lol...

I think Thompson is going to shock a lot of fans in the SEC. Yeah, there's an infinity of homerism in that opinion but all the intangibles point toward this likely happening, not the least of which having to do with working behind one of the best OL's in the SEC this year. He's got the arm, the confidence, the intelligence, and the leadership. Like a lot of QB's, he also seems to take over the game when he knows it's all up to him. No matter what, it's going to be interesting to see a senior assuming the starting role for the first time. That's kinda rare for any team. Can't wait.

The main thing Thompson would have to show to be considered among the top quarterbacks in the SEC is to show he is a gamer and that he can take control of a game.

He has all the measurable s, he will hopefully show the intangibles.

Shaw was not the best in measurables either, but he oozed gamer out his ears and was a winner.

With so many QB turnovers i doubt he won't be one of the best.

With so many QB turnovers i doubt he won't be one of the best.

lol...I see what you did there!

lol...I see what you did there!

Ha! Thompson is already proven so we kinda know what to expect. From what my USC fan tells me he's a lil bit better of a passer. Following Shaw won't be easy tho. I forgot his record at usc but I know it's somethin ridiculous.

I don't know if jerseys get retired in CFB but he deserves it, imo. Very underrated

Ha! Thompson is already proven so we kinda know what to expect. From what my USC fan tells me he's a lil bit better of a passer. Following Shaw won't be easy tho. I forgot his record at usc but I know it's somethin ridiculous.

all that matters is that he was undefeated (17-0) at home, lol...the overall is impressive though at 27-5!

I don't know if jerseys get retired in CFB but he deserves it, imo. Very underrated

are you talking about shaw?

all that matters is that he was undefeated (17-0) at home, lol...the overall is impressive though at 27-5!

are you talking about shaw?

Yea I'm talkin about Shaw. Well rounded QB with a high IQ. Should maybe consider coaching in the future.

• jacobp
    • TheRealBrave
      And you keep mistaking me for some ardent Trump fan. Don't know how many times I have to tell you, I voted for Kasich and loved when Mitt Romney tore Trump apart   I am about as far from a protectionist as you will find
    • TheRealBrave
      LSU has this easily, Locke hasn't faced a defense anywhere near LSU's level yet. LSU 24 Mizzou 10
    • L.A.Hog
      Exactly, he tells you what you want to hear.With no plan to follow.... But he'll reveal it soon...afrer all, its only two months til election..he'll let us know pretty soon, I reckon, what his plan is.... but that wall is the plan, millions of dollars that will be pissed off before construction, then billions to build it and we pay for it.When I say we,i don't include trump because he don't pay taxes.He's a rich welfare baby.... screw that deadbeat bitch...
    • smokeyone
      Maybe it's been so long since we have seen a candidate with a clue we don't recognize them anymore.  Boarders, Standards (law), and Culture. The fundamental essence of a nation. As it stands the system has all but removed them from this dying once great nation. Nobody respects them anymore. No one want to acknowledge they matter. Hell Trump wasn't my first or second choice but he has the message we need to hear
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      bbqit
      bbqit
    2. 2
      razorhead
      razorhead
    3. 3
      foxflyer5
      foxflyer5
    4. 4
      JoeGator