• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smokeyone

2 of the 5 hottest seat for 2014 are in the SEC

165 posts in this topic

Florida's Will "the thrill" Muschamp is sitting on the hottest seat in college football. Yes the gators were injury prone last year but even when healthy they sucked ass on O and had a dumpster fire in the locker room. Signs of an inability to recruit college capable QBs/WRs/RBs/OLINE was catching up with them. When injuries took there toll on the D they just fell apart. Add in that discipline seems to not be part of Muschamp DNA and he lost the team. This lead to a 4 win season and the #1 spot in the hot seat count down. Going bowling might not be enough to save Muschamp, it will likely take 8/9 wins and wins over UGA, UT and a respectable showing in every game.

Number 5 on the hot seat countdown is "The Bret Boy" Bret Belima of Arkansas. Would Arky fire the Bret Boy after 2 seasons? Odds are against it. It would make no sense for a traditionally lower tier program to give up on a guy 2 years into a rebuild but every year they suck is a year they fall further and further towards the bottom of the west. So unless they want to be the Kentucky of the western division of the SEC a change may be in order. Let's face it,Arky can't recruit itself and Belima can't recruit. Yes 1 or 2 SEC level recruits wind up in Arky but 1 or 2 recruits don't win SEC games. Arky has the money and facilities to compete if they bring in top shelf recruiters and coaches. Arky can't afford as a program to see another 3-4 win season this year. If that happens Arky has no choice but to iaBdfkZ.png can Belima.

I won't even acknowledge it, because Bielema's seat isn't even lukewarm for at least another year.

Posted · Hidden by Porcine, March 2, 2015 - No reason given · Report post

Florida's Will "the thrill" Muschamp is sitting on the hottest seat in college football. Yes the gators were injury prone last year but even when healthy they sucked ass on O and had a dumpster fire in the locker room. Signs of an inability to recruit college capable QBs/WRs/RBs/OLINE was catching up with them. When injuries took there toll on the D they just fell apart. Add in that discipline seems to not be part of Muschamp DNA and he lost the team. This lead to a 4 win season and the #1 spot in the hot seat count down. Going bowling might not be enough to save Muschamp, it will likely take 8/9 wins and wins over UGA, UT and a respectable showing in every game.

Number 5 on the hot seat countdown is "The Bret Boy" Bret Belima of Arkansas. Would Arky fire the Bret Boy after 2 seasons? Odds are against it. It would make no sense for a traditionally lower tier program to give up on a guy 2 years into a rebuild but every year they suck is a year they fall further and further towards the bottom of the west. So unless they want to be the Kentucky of the western division of the SEC a change may be in order. Let's face it,Arky can't recruit itself and Belima can't recruit. Yes 1 or 2 SEC level recruits wind up in Arky but 1 or 2 recruits don't win SEC games. Arky has the money and facilities to compete if they bring in top shelf recruiters and coaches. Arky can't afford as a program to see another 3-4 win season this year. If that happens Arky has no choice but to iaBdfkZ.png can Belima.

Yeah, sure.

By mid-season Bilema's seat could more than likely be on fire, if they're not showing progress at least.

I won't even acknowledge it, because Bielema's seat isn't even lukewarm for at least another year.

coacheshotseat.com has his as the 5th hottest in college football.

Silly me, I forgot that coacheshotseat.com was the authority on the matter.

Bielema isn't getting fired this year.

Silly me, I forgot that coacheshotseat.com was the authority on the matter.

Bielema isn't getting fired this year.

He goes 0-8 again, he will.

Would Les Miles be in trouble if LSU goes 8-4 or 7-5

Way too much talent in Red Stick to be also rans

Whoever wrote that needs to go back to flipping burgers.

Would Les Miles be in trouble if LSU goes 8-4 or 7-5

Way too much talent in Red Stick to be also rans

There may be enough folks down there who remember what LSU was like before Saban then Miles got there.They aren't too terribly long from being mediocre to bad and I doubt they want to take a chance of venturing back there.Les can keep them close to or in the hunt annually.

But ya never know....shrugs shoulders.

Whoever wrote that needs to go back to flipping burgers.

This. This is what I wonder. Will Les survive another year of under-preforming while the two teams from Alabama--his two biggest rivals--continue to play for NCs?

If LSU goes 9-4 or worse and loses to a team like State or OM (which is a bad loss to them), plus losing to Auburn and Alabama, I think he's gone.

I think Auburn should fire Malzahn and hire Beliema

:trollface: :trollface: :trollface:

This. This is what I wonder. Will Les survive another year of under-preforming while the two teams from Alabama--his two biggest rivals--continue to play for NCs?

If LSU goes 9-4 or worse and loses to a team like State or OM (which is a bad loss to them), plus losing to Auburn and Alabama, I think he's gone.

Les has gotten semi-used to getting beaten by Ole Miss.

Now on the other hand, if he loses to State, whom has not beaten LSU since 1999, he should immediately be fired.

:trollface:

I agree with Muschamp UF can't keep putting that on the field but Biliema or however its spelled... while he can't get players to keep up with the big boys he'll be whoopin who he's suppose to on the regular before long.

I thnk fla makes a turn around this year. & save muschumps job.

Although the loss to UGA ill be tough for the alumni to swallow

On the money.

Muschump might pull it out, but doesn't seem real promising.

Bielema, as I have said from his hiring, is the wrong guy for the SEC. Even Arkansas will tire of him sooner rather than later.

Muschamp is learning on the job, unfortunately for us.

I would hate to invest in the guy only to fire him and have him kicking our asses several years down the road.

I'd say Muschamp is on a warm seat....not hot though. He's two years removed from a BCS bowl and they had a ton of injuries last season. That being said, if he doesn't go bowling and continues to have mini strokes on the sidelines while screaming at officials he could be gone. A decent bowl should keep him safe and show that injuries were the key factor in 2013 sucking so bad.

No way Arkansas is dumb enough to fire Bielema after two years. The first year is spent implementing the new staff and getting players used to the system. The 2nd year should be an improvement, but depending on which players left, injuries, schedule, etc. it could result in a poor showing while the coach is still safe. If they fired him how are they gonna expect to call someone up and say "come coach for us. Well...yeah, we just fired a guy who was winning his conference and going to BCS bowls before coming here. Sure he only got two years, but we're confident you will do better in two years while playing in the SEC West. Are you that confident?"

I'd say Mullen is on a hotter seat than Bielema. People forget that during the season last year the "Mullen must go" cries were getting kinda loud. Another win over Ole Miss quieted that down though...and a bowl win silenced it completely." Still, you get the sense that those same fans are just waiting for a losing season to come out in full force screaming "see!! I told you Mullen wasn't the answer!"

Muschamp is on the hot seat.

Bielema is not.

/end

This

I'd say Muschamp is on a warm seat....not hot though. He's two years removed from a BCS bowl and they had a ton of injuries last season. That being said, if he doesn't go bowling and continues to have mini strokes on the sidelines while screaming at officials he could be gone. A decent bowl should keep him safe and show that injuries were the key factor in 2013 sucking so bad.

That only happened his first year.