• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GATORSFAN21

NBA Finals

310 posts in this topic

Getting a rematch of last year. Hope to see another epic series like last year. First game starts Thursday and Spurs have homecourt advantage. My early prediction is Miami in 7.

I've got $50 that says Mark Cuban shows up at the finals in a hoody.

My prediction: another three weeks of Yay Lebron! on ESPN

Can both planes go down while flying over the gulf?

My prediction: another three weeks of Yay Lebron! on ESPN

Well he's the new Jordan, it's to be expected.

Well he's the new Jordan, it's to be expected.

New Jordan? Pffft

I've never bought a Lebron shoe. Damned younger generation...

Get off my lawn, etc

New Jordan? Pffft

I've never bought a Lebron shoe. Damned younger generation...

Get off my lawn, etc

Lol, his talent is undeniable. Buying a brand with a name on it doesn't really define a player, this isn't the 90's anymore, sir.

With that being said, I don't really care. It's justified why he's talked about is all.

I really hope this series goes to 7.

amazing how long the Spurs have sustained success..it'd be cool to see Duncan and Pop to go out on top.

I don't think James will ever be Jordan. On that note, Go Spurs.

James is the greatest 3 to play the game. He will surpass Jordan if he keeps this up. His talent is undeniable and he isn't hated for his "talents to South Beach" anymore. Depending on how he handles free agency, he is set up for an amazing legacy.

That being said, the NBA needs to go to no conferences for its playoffs. Take the top 16 teams, do 1 vs 16, 2 vs 15, etc and split them up.

*edit*

Grantland did something on this in March.

LeBron, greater all round player than Jordan, all day long

Seen this several times. Old folks make it to the finals then have rubber legs the whole series

Heat-Spurs again. Fawk this. The Buzz is back bitches !

LeBron, greater all round player than Jordan, all day long

Jordan:

Career highlights and awards

Career statistics Points 32,292 (30.1 ppg) Rebounds 6,672 (6.2 rpg) Assists 5,633 (5.3 apg) Stats at Basketball-Reference.com

Lebron:

I'd submit the two are equally yoked but I wouldn't go all out and say something like "greater all around player, all day long..."

Jordan:

Career statistics Points 32,292 (30.1 ppg) Rebounds 6,672 (6.2 rpg) Assists 5,633 (5.3 apg) Stats at Basketball-Reference.com

Lebron:

I'd submit the two are equally yoked but I wouldn't go all out and say something like "greater all around player, all day long..."

Guess what, lebron wasn't playing then

61855-thumb.gif

Dammit why are you showing off the Spurs' boring strategy. Nobody wants to see that.

And as far as Lebron vs. Michael. I believe that Lebron would destroy Michael 1 on 1, but Michael will still be the overall better player for a team.

Guess what, lebron wasn't playing then

And?

It's crazy that so many people put Jordan on this unreachable pedestal. LeBron could win 8 championships and be an 8x finals mvp and people would still deny it. That being said, LeBron still has a ways to go.

I'm not even mentioning the fact that LeBron has had two scrubs as coaches. No offense to those two guys but they're a joke compared to Phil Jackson.

Did someone say James better then Jordan? LoL

To hang on Jordan's balls only proves people dislike or hate Lebron for other reasons. I don't care who was "the best", that's a stupid question. As far as talent, there will more than likely never be a better player than Lebron. Achieving much more in a different era doesn't make you more talented, but it certainly can make you the more accomplished player.

Lebron has certainly surpassed Kobe Bryant...

The best thing about the NBA Finals is that it signals that the NBA season is about to be over.

I'm not putting Jordan on a pedestal nor am I hanging on his balls. I said the two were equally yoked. Both are tremendous athletes to discount either's accomplishments is foolish. To suggest one is better than the other is as well. So what is it, Lebron would mop up or get destroyed during the Jordan era? Or would Jordan be any less of an athlete were he to be in his prime in today's league? I don't think so. I think both would be dominant during either era. They are anomalies in the league, meaning drop them into ANY basketball era and they both would dominate.

• cocky4ever
      Trump also hasn't left a state or campaign in horrible debt....so there's that.
    • Sean
      While investing his money may be a myth, he still underperformed the markets/ his peers by vast margins. Here's a little something from Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesleadershipforum/2016/03/03/has-donald-trump-underperformed-in-the-real-estate-business/#40d464085506
    • Sean
      Multiply it into an empire? That's exaggerating a bit. He grossly under-performed the market over the course of his businesses, left a wake of unpaid workers, lawsuits, and bankruptcies behind him, and still claims to be a "winner" and the best at everything. There's people with a lot more money that him that didn't leave that kind of middle class destruction behind. Call me crazy, but I don't see someone who's lived his entire life in the 1% and is so out of touch with the way people not as fortunate as him lives is suddenly going to be a champion of the middle class. He's lived his entire life in the upper class, s**tting on his middle class workers. What makes YOU think that he's suddenly going to care about you? Trump's run for presidency is all about him and his ego. That's all he talked about on Monday. I didn't hear enough "we" or "America" except when he said he wanted to make it great again. It was all "I have endorsements from.." or "I have property there.." or "I wanted to say something bad about Hillary but didn't and she's a big meany weeny and I think her campaign commercials are mean". There's nothing of substance in almost ANYTHING he says. It's all just babbling about himself and how he's going to fix America without actually giving a plan as to HOW. 
    • TheRealBrave
      I will say 400 yards total for Dobbs
    • TheRealBrave
      Good grief people are we still pretending Trump is somehow a pauper and terrible businessman? How many times does that theory about investing his money have to debunked?
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      bbqit
      bbqit
    2. 2
      razorhead
      razorhead
    3. 3
      foxflyer5
      foxflyer5
    4. 4
      JoeGator