• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GAMECOCK_FAN

Predict the record (2014): Week 2 - Arkansas

Arkansas - Predict the Record (2014)   46 members have voted

1. 1. What Will Arkansas' Record Be:

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

173 posts in this topic

I don't claim to know much about the Hogs this season.

2014 Arkansas Razorbacks:

8/30: at Auburn

9/6: Nicholls State

9/13: at Texas Tech

9/20: Northern Illinois

9/27: Texas A&M (at Arlington, TX)

10/4: OPEN

10/11: Alabama

10/18: Georgia (at Little Rock, AR)

10/25: UAB

11/1: at Mississippi State

11/8: OPEN

11/15: LSU

11/22: Ole Miss

11/29: at Missouri

Here are the threads and schedule for future prediction threads:

Week 1: Kentucky

Week 2: Arkansas

Week 3: Tennessee (June 8)

Week 4: Ole Miss (June 15)

Week 5: Florida (June 22)

Week 6: Mississippi State (June 29)

Week 7: Vanderbilt (July 6)

Week 8: Texas A&M (July 13)

Week 9: Georgia (July 20)

Week 10: LSU (July 27)

Week 11: South Carolina (August 3)

Week 12: Alabama (August 10)

Week 13: Missouri (August 17)

Week 14: Auburn (August 24)

im going 5-7.

not sure how to predict tx tech, n ill, miss st, or ole miss.

Wins against Nichols, NIU, UAB

Losses against Auburn, A&M, Alabama, Georgia, Miss St, LSU, Ole Miss, Missouri

Texas Tech is a toss-up

Hard to call 0-8 two years in a row but hard to pick a game that they're going to be close to favored in. They have no shot against Miss St on the road. They lost to us at Arkansas last year with 2 weeks to prepare and us starting an injured Tyler Russell and turning to a true freshman QB.

Wins against Nichols, NIU, UAB

Losses against Auburn, A&M, Alabama, Georgia, Miss St, LSU, Ole Miss, Missouri

Texas Tech is a toss-up

Hard to call 0-8 two years in a row but hard to pick a game that they're going to be close to favored in. They have no shot against Miss St on the road. They lost to us at Arkansas last year with 2 weeks to prepare and us starting an injured Tyler Russell and turning to a true freshman QB.

C'mon man, that game went to overtime. MSU is almost always competitive, but saying a team has no chance against them sounds a bit over the top

C'mon man, that game went to overtime. MSU is almost always competitive, but saying a team has no chance against them sounds a bit over the top

Again, Arkansas had 2 weeks to prepare and jumped on us early at home the week after we played Alabama. Russell was injured and we ended up turning to Williams for OT. On top of that, we still outgained them 500-339. That was one of those games that you watched and realized one team was clearly better.

They're coming to Starkville and we've got Dak and one of the SEC's top defenses. Arkansas loses by 2+ TDs.

Again, Arkansas had 2 weeks to prepare and jumped on us early at home the week after we played Alabama. Russell was injured and we ended up turning to Williams for OT. On top of that, we still outgained them 500-339. That was one of those games that you watched and realized one team was clearly better.

They're coming to Starkville and we've got Dak and one of the SEC's top defenses. Arkansas loses by 2+ TDs.

You didn't beat anybody in the SEC by 2+ TDs last year. Luckily, you don't play UT in 2014

You didn't beat anybody in the SEC by 2+ TDs last year. Luckily, you don't play UT in 2014

We'll just agree to disagree. We're going to be much better than Arkansas, and they're going to lose by 2 scores to both us and Ole Miss. I know people don't believe the names "Miss St" and "Ole Miss" can be good, but Arkansas tanked below us and they have not yet risen up.

And I'd much rather be playing Kentucky-Vandy than Tennessee.

We'll just agree to disagree. We're going to be much better than Arkansas, and they're going to lose by 2 scores to both us and Ole Miss. I know people don't believe the names "Miss St" and "Ole Miss" can be good, but Arkansas tanked below us and they have not yet risen up.

And I'd much rather be playing Kentucky-Vandy than Tennessee.

I don't look down on Ole Miss and MSU at all, I just get frustrated because they often look like they're ready to take that step to compete with Bama/LSU/Auburn and they fall just short

I don't look down on Ole Miss and MSU at all, I just get frustrated because they often look like they're ready to take that step to compete with Bama/LSU/Auburn and they fall just short

LOL. Man, you think you're frustrated......

8/30: at Auburn - L

9/6: Nicholls State - W

9/13: at Texas Tech - L

9/20: Northern Illinois - W (toss up)

9/27: Texas A&M (at Arlington, TX) - L - (toss up)

10/11: Alabama - L

10/18: Georgia (at Little Rock, AR) - L

10/25: UAB - W

11/1: at Mississippi State - L (toss up)

11/15: LSU - L

11/22: Ole Miss - L

11/29: at Missouri - L (toss up)

3 - 9

I see 4 "toss up games

The Pigs will be worse than KY this year

6 - 6 is the ceiling

2 - 10 worst case

7-5 (3-5)

Undefeated OOC, think we upset some people at home. Lose to Bama and UGA at home. Surprise OM and LSU.

Only road win @TT. (And AT&T stadium, but that not true road game)

The Pigs will be worse than KY this year

Made me LOL... Thanks for that.

I'll say 5-7.

and we ALWAYS have a chance to beat Mississippi State.

I don't claim to know much about the Hogs this season.

Nobody does. Arkansas fans included. All we really know is we have an elite TE and two elite RB's. After that, its anyone's guess really.

Still in the middle of a complete overhaul.

Nobody does. Arkansas fans included. All we really know is we have an elite TE and two elite RB's. After that, its anyone's guess really.

Still in the middle of a complete overhaul.

yep,too many question marks out there and a new d-coordinator.If we can get some receivers to catch the ball and our defense to be more agressive we can have at least 6 wins.

Turnovers will be a huge key as well.Those pick sixes are killers.

WR Demetrius Wilson was out last year with a hamstring injury. He was supposed to be our big deep threat receiver last year.

He's back, along with Keon Hatcher and 6'7 JUCO transfer Cody Hollister. We will be much better at WR, and we will be very good at TE.

8/30: at Auburn L

9/6: Nicholls State W

9/13: at Texas Tech W

9/20: Northern Illinois W

9/27: Texas A&M (at Arlington, TX) L

10/11: Alabama L

10/18: Georgia (at Little Rock, AR) L

10/25: UAB W

11/1: at Mississippi State L

11/15: LSU L

11/22: Ole Miss L

11/29: at Missouri L

I think they upset one of the SEC games, I'm just not sure which one.

Goes to bowl by skin of teeth. 3 overtime win against mizzou gets them in.

Man, who knows. My heart tells me we get 5 wins, we were close to it last year. Choked against Rutgers, MSU, and LSU. Returning most of our better players and starters as well...

But one of the things about CFB is the crazy disruptive nature of having kids come and go all the time. So there will be a few SEC teams who don't meet the expectations and a few who exceed them. Just try to hope we are the latter.

Posted · Hidden by Porcine, March 2, 2015 - No reason given · Report post

I'm going with the optimist pick of 7-5, 3-2 with about 7 games that could go either way.