• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PuddingTime

SEC Schedule Format Changing

30 posts in this topic

Slive let it be known that going forward we will stick to 18 games, but every school will have 3 permanent opponents. Ours will be Tennessee, Florida, and one of Vanderbilt, Mizzou, or Arkansas.

Getting to beat Tennessee's ass just once a year wasn't cutting it.

How do you know what yours are already?

C'mon Joe, you know us UK fans are priviladged.

Slive let it be known that going forward we will stick to 18 games, but every school will have 3 permanent opponents. Ours will be Tennessee, Florida, and one of Vanderbilt, Mizzou, or Arkansas.

I hope to God it's Arkansas. It would be far more interesting than Vandy or Mizzou

88-58 ring a bell?

88-58 ring a bell?

You better hold on to that. That perfect storm won't happen again for a long long time.

Any word on when this new 5-year rotation will go into effect? (This coming season would be the 3rd year of the current 3-year rotation.)

I hope to God it's Arkansas. It would be far more interesting than Vandy or Mizzou

We've had some good games with ya'll.Seems like when we play you,your team is on the upswing.You generally have a salty qb when we play as well.

I wouldn't be opposed to it.

How do you know what yours are already?

Common sense. Most likely Mizzou or Vandy, but UT and UF will be definite. Too many UK and UT fans complained about not playing twice which is part of the reason for this change.

We've had some good games with ya'll.Seems like when we play you,your team is on the upswing.You generally have a salty qb when we play as well.

I wouldn't be opposed to it.

I was talking basketball but i wouldn't be opposed to Arky in football either.

I wanna see em go back tooo the east/west.

This is for basketball.....

Dammit....

I was talking basketball but i wouldn't be opposed to Arky in football either.

Oh well,had a senior moment I guess.

Kiss my butt.....

how's it going old man?

how's it going old man?

Gettin a little tired.I need a little time off but the money's too good.

How's the packing to move going?

Gettin a little tired.I need a little time off but the money's too good.

How's the packing to move going?

that's the weekend of the Fourth.... I dread.....

People care about regular season basketball?

The way the SEC office has screwed it up with this rotating schedule etc. They make it so what little interest there is outside the Commonwealth has been reduced even more. In fact whatever interest the Commonwealth had in the regular season has been greatly diminished with the SEC offices. If you are over 50 years old, and a Kentucky basketball fan, you know that if we were to be assigned a historical permanent opponent it would be Tennessee. If we were going to be assigned a second historical permanent opponent it would be Vanderbilt. Those schools using the entire life of the SEC from 1933 to 2014 would confirm that. Of course ESPN only looks to the time Donovan has been at Florida and tells Slive, Florida is your permanent opponent. Fans in their teens, 20s, 30s think Florida is UK's rival. It is not. It has been its biggest competitor since Donovan. Before that UK had a few year run where Arkansas was with Nolan Richardson, LSU was with Dale Brown, Mississippi State was with Babe McCarthy, but they come and go Except, for Tennessee and Vanderbilt. UK should play Tennessee and Vanderbilt home and home every year. The SEC should take care of that like they take of care of Alabama-Tennessee and Georgia-Auburn in football. Nothing else matters. In basketball. Nothing really matters to any of the schools except to have UK-Tennessee-Vanderbilt playing home and home every year and the other 11 schools can do whatever they want.

The way the SEC office has screwed it up with this rotating schedule etc. They make it so what little interest there is outside the Commonwealth has been reduced even more. In fact whatever interest the Commonwealth had in the regular season has been greatly diminished with the SEC offices. If you are over 50 years old, and a Kentucky basketball fan, you know that if we were to be assigned a historical permanent opponent it would be Tennessee. If we were going to be assigned a second historical permanent opponent it would be Vanderbilt. Those schools using the entire life of the SEC from 1933 to 2014 would confirm that. Of course ESPN only looks to the time Donovan has been at Florida and tells Slive, Florida is your permanent opponent. Fans in their teens, 20s, 30s think Florida is UK's rival. It is not. It has been its biggest competitor since Donovan. Before that UK had a few year run where Arkansas was with Nolan Richardson, LSU was with Dale Brown, Mississippi State was with Babe McCarthy, but they come and go Except, for Tennessee and Vanderbilt. UK should play Tennessee and Vanderbilt home and home every year. The SEC should take care of that like they take of care of Alabama-Tennessee and Georgia-Auburn in football. Nothing else matters. In basketball. Nothing really matters to any of the schools except to have UK-Tennessee-Vanderbilt playing home and home every year and the other 11 schools can do whatever they want.

They've changed it because UK fans have blown up the SEC office over this. First they move the UT football game, then this one game a year in basketball bs.

They really did jack up the basketball scheduling pretty bad.

But if they didn't match up Kentucky with Florida twice a year the league would suffer.

We need to play UK, UT, and UGA twice every year.

I guess im one of those fans. The question is, how long before Tennessee is relevant again. They just lost 70% of their roster and are bringing in a new, unproven coach that hasn't even seen the NCAA tourney yet.

Florida, Tennessee, Arkansas

Posted · Hidden by Porcine, March 2, 2015 - No reason given · Report post

Other than Arkansas and UK playing each other twice, sorry Missouri, but we need them for the SOS, most of this would be taken care of by going back to divisions with only one more conference game. (6 X 2) + 7.