• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SheLuvsBama

Alabama vs. USC 2016 Arlington?

45 posts in this topic

This would be sweet.

Alabama and USC have met to open the season versus each other before...twice...1970 and 1971.

And they were two of the most significant football games in Alabama history.

Would be amazing just for the nostalgia of it.

Kiffin will have another job by 2016, imo.

did bama back out against michigan state for 16 and 17?

Yep, due to "uncertainty of future SEC scheduling". I honestly think Saban wants to do away with home and homes and play neutral sites with the big games. More money, maybe bad and good for fans though.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2013/09/alabama-cancels-2016-17-football-series-vs-michigan-state/

Yeah, we ditched them and replaced them with SC. Nice! It should make lots of people very happy! The fans of both SC and Alabama, plus the media. It will give them something to talk about. I really hope it happens! We have tried for a long time to get this game together. I think it is deemed a far more popular game on a national scale, and we are thrilled to death with the possibility.

If y'all could hang a hundred on em I'd appreciate it.

It would be a huge advantage for Bama, you would have to think it would be like a home game.

I only hope Sark has them half decent by 2016, then it would be even sweeter.

Yeah, we ditched them and replaced them with SC. Nice! It should make lots of people very happy! The fans of both SC and Alabama, plus the media. It will give them something to talk about. I really hope it happens! We have tried for a long time to get this game together. I think it is deemed a far more popular game on a national scale, and we are thrilled to death with the possibility.

dodged a much better opponent to play usc?

Yep, due to "uncertainty of future SEC scheduling". I honestly think Saban wants to do away with home and homes and play neutral sites with the big games. More money, maybe bad and good for fans though.

http://www.fbschedul...michigan-state/

or doesnt want to risk an out of conference loss to a quality opponent

Yes cause Saban clearly has a track record of dodging quality opponents. He may be the only coach in the SEC who voted for a 9 game schedule, but, damn him trying to weasel out of playing... Mich St.

You're trying way too hard. You think USC won't be better in 2 years?

Saban wanted to play 9 SEC games because he knew that would disadvantage the SEC programs that have quality OOC rivalry games. Alabama is without a doubt a dynasty but a lot of their success came from smart strategy and knowing the rulebook well enough to cheat before it was called cheating. What other programs considered a gentleman's agreement, Bama called an opportunity. That doesn't take away anything from the incredible success they've had, imo, but let's not guild a lily for crying out loud.

We've never played a PAC 12 school. Ever. Like not even once.

You're trying way too hard. You think USC won't be better in 2 years?

nope

Saban wanted to play 9 SEC games because he knew that would disadvantage the SEC programs that have quality OOC rivalry games. Alabama is without a doubt a dynasty but a lot of their success came from smart strategy and knowing the rulebook well enough to cheat before it was called cheating. What other programs considered a gentleman's agreement, Bama called an opportunity. That doesn't take away anything from the incredible success they've had, imo, but let's not guild a lily for crying out loud.

screw a gentlemans agreement....this football dammitt !!! :trollface:

Pleased to hear of these discussions inasmuch the reason Bama is playing in Atlanta this year and played there last year is because LK chickened (pun intended) out on a tentative agreement to play in the Chick-Fil-A Kickoff Classic in either 2013 or 2014 (their choice). USC's (read Pete Carroll's) preferred choice of opponents was Bama, therefore the Atlanta Sports Council was in negotiations with Bama for both years, not knowing which year USC would choose. All of that went out the window when PC left and LK came in. Bama wound up being contracted for both years.

We've never played a PAC 12 school. Ever. Like not even once.

It's just as well.They smell like gerbils.

go ahead and baptize USC on national television and make my life complete.

Enlighten me on which gentlemen's agreement? There's a lot of unspoken rules among programs, like not snitching. I'm curious which one Bama took advantage of...

Only one I can think of is hard work and hitting the recruiting trail harder than any coaching staff. A lot of athletic departments hate Saban for that.

I kind of hope USC beats the iaBdfkZ.png of out Bama.

Your blasphemous talk on SECTalk, this isn't West Coast Digest! I know you didn't put on the tight jorts today, cutting off your circulation to your brain again. :trollface:

I kind of hope USC beats the iaBdfkZ.png of out Bama.

the level of fan arrogance between these two teams will create the need to reinforce the stadium just to sustain the skull weight.

• Titans4Vols
      Yeah, Jancek's famous man to man defense with no blitz on 3rd and 4th down.
    • Based Potato
      Lord knows that was the gameplan last year.
    • Titans4Vols
      Shoop knows how to cover it up with his blitzes, and with Martin out our secondary isn't too bad. We've got two good safeties and the corners are passable sans-Martin(who himself isn't as bad as he showed yesterday, but still isn't good).   Plus a big bonus is Georgia WRs have no idea how to catch a football, so we could probably leave them uncovered and still be ok.
    • Based Potato
      Eh, don't overrate the defensive performance. Our secondary is a liability.
    • Titans4Vols
      Eason(who I do think has a lot of potential, but he's just too inexperienced) won't be able to do anything against a Bob Shoop defense, so as long as DeBord gets his s**t together, we should win this game with ease. It being in Georgia is my only big concern. Will be the first time we've left the state of Tennessee this year, and first time not in front of a majority Tennessee crowd(Bristol was probably 65-35 Tennessee/Va Tech fans).
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      JoeGator
      JoeGator
    2. 2
      PuddingTime
      PuddingTime
    3. 3
      bbqit
      bbqit
    4. 4
      RammaJamma