• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HFS

Gay Marriage Legal in Arkansas

95 posts in this topic

First southern state to have integrated schools and now the first to allow marriage equality.

Well,I guess now we are the un-Natural State.

Shoulda done this 4 years ago, could have gotten Michael Sam.

Ar-kansas is going tooo hell....

That fire and brimstone is gonna make a heck of a mess.

It is a progressive move. I think it is fine. Live and let live. It really hurts no one.

It is a progressive move. I think it is fine. Live and let live. It really hurts no one.

hurts only the homosexual...

That fire and brimstone is gonna make a heck of a mess.

hot springs...lulz

For the record, let me state that I am open to civil unions, though not marriage per-se, as I view it as an institution of the Church, to be defined only by the Church and not the State. Civil unions I have no problem with and see as a natural human right. Now..

Did this not directly contradict the Arkansas State Constitution? If so, progressives need not celebrate as this perceived freedom came only at the expense of Judicial abuse of power.

@@ForwardRebels

@@jacobp

help me out here if I'm wrong.

It's being challenged from what I understand.It seems like they slipped this by us.Usually the church folks nip this type of thing in the bud.I have a feeling someone's going to get kicked in the balls before this is over.

It appears the next step is no separation of church and state. Freedom of speech in regards to opposing your beliefs against homosexuality is already under scrutiny. I'm sick of the homo movement.

If this was what the folks of Arkansas want and it passed a general referendum then good for them. More likely a judge that didn't have the power to write law or violate the state constitution did this and the result will be a backlash against liberals and other people that choose to engage in homosexual sex.

Go to your room young lady.And don't even think about watching tv.

For the record, let me state that I am open to civil unions, though not marriage per-se, as I view it as an institution of the Church, to be defined only by the Church and not the State. Civil unions I have no problem with and see as a natural human right. Now..

Did this not directly contradict the Arkansas State Constitution? If so, progressives need not celebrate as this perceived freedom came only at the expense of Judicial abuse of power.

@@ForwardRebels

@@jacobp

It indeed does contradict the state of Arkansas' Constitution, per page 159 of the online Arkansas State Constitution, which defines marriage as "a union b/w one man and one woman.

I am guessing that this judge in question either felt the need to disregard this law (grounds for impeachment for him or her) or used the argument that progressive judges in California, etc used, which is that said law violated the 14th Amendment rights of some couple that sued the state of Arkansas?

I thank you for bringing my attention to this, as the Arky state Constitution is a fascinating read. Quite a bit more detail to it than ours.

Also, per page 66, you should expect section 1 to be declared unconstitutional, should anyone ever take an inkling to challenge it in court. There is also a section in our Constitution saying the same thing, and it also would be declared unconstitutional (and no, I am not telling you what it is; look it up if you like).

http://www.arkleg.state.ar.us/assembly/Summary/ArkansasConstitution1874.pdf

@@ForwardRebels

@@jacobp

Interesting case for sure. Judge in question is tasked, and sworn to, upholding the Arkansas Constitution along with the US Constitution. I don't know what's going to happen for sure yet. Only guarantee is state Senator Jason Rapert will make a complete ass of himself any day now

It indeed does contradict the state of Arkansas' Constitution, per page 159 of the online Arkansas State Constitution, which defines marriage as "a union b/w one man and one woman.

I am guessing that this judge in question either felt the need to disregard this law (grounds for impeachment for him or her) or used the argument that progressive judges in California, etc used, which is that said law violated the 14th Amendment rights of some couple that sued the state of Arkansas?

I thank you for bringing my attention to this, as the Arky state Constitution is a fascinating read. Quite a bit more detail to it than ours.

Also, per page 66, you should expect section 1 to be declared unconstitutional, should anyone ever take an inkling to challenge it in court. There is also a section in our Constitution saying the same thing, and it also would be declared unconstitutional (and no, I am not telling you what it is; look it up if you like).

http://www.arkleg.st...itution1874.pdf

The whole no religious tests thing disqualified that one. And in the marriage amendment section 2 is unconstitutional. You should not be able to force a state to issue a homo marriage license but you must recognize a legal one issued by another state. Article 4 sect 1 "full faith and credit " clause thingy says so.

as a hetrosexual, conservative male, there is no reason for the gays not to be able to get married. who the lanekiffin.gif are you to tell two people that love each other that they cant be married and spend the rest of their life together. how about we start executing people for getting a divorce like they say in the bible. or executing people for planting different crops side by side. get over yourselves.

Go to your room young lady.And don't even think about watching tv.

Did you lock the door? :(