• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UAdan

The newest member of the Alabama basketball team

6 posts in this topic

is this guy.

FGCUdance.gif

Varidel is immediately eligible, and easily becomes the best three-point threat on this team. He scored 42 in a game against Baylor last year, in which he made ten shots from beyond the arc. Between he, and other incoming sharpshooters like Riley Norris and Devin Mitchell, hopefully we can be a legitimately potent team from the outside next year...where we've been woefully inconsistent under Grant.

Good, get offensive threats and let Grant teach them some defense. Tired of looking like an 8th grade girl basketball team led by one great player.

I remember that guy. Solid pickup, he should be immediately able to contribute for y'all.

Varidel is very much a free spirit. West Coast kid who plays with a ton of enthusiasm and energy. Goodness knows Coleman Coliseum could use that kind of presence to generate some excitement about going to the games and bring larger, more boisterous crowds. I could see him being a fan favorite.

His knees are not good and thus he's not going to be a 30 min per game type of player. But the good news is he is an amazingly gifted shooter and will be Zone-Buster Number One off the bench. In a regular 15-17 min per game role, I think he could average double figures in scoring. He's that skilled with his perimeter game.

All of a sudden, with all these newcomers adding to our depth and the potential for more scoring... next season looks...very intriguing. I'll leave it at that. Don't want to get too hopeful. But it's definitely going to be the deepest/most offensively skilled roster on paper that Grant has had to work with.