• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Titans4Vols

James Franklin is a messed up dude(allegedly)

61 posts in this topic

A new defense filing in the case involving rape charges against four former Vanderbilt players claims that current Penn State coach James Franklin contacted the alleged victim shortly after the incident, according to a report in the Tennessean.

Defense attorneys for Brandon Vandenburg -- one for four former Commodores charged with five counts of aggravated rape stemming from an alleged on-campus assault against a 21-year-old female student last June -- asked the the court to dismiss the charges because the prosecution failed to preserve key evidence.

In the filing, the defense says Franklin and strength coach Dwight Galt -- who left Vandy for the same jobs at Penn State this winter -- talked to the alleged victim four days after the rape during a medical examination.

Franklin and Galt told the victim "that they cared about her because she assisted them with recruiting," according to the filing. Later, the defense said, "Coach Franklin called her in for a private meeting and told her he wanted her to get 15 pretty girls together and form a team to assist with the recruiting even though he knew it was against the rules. He added that all the other colleges did it."

Franklin, when reached by phone on Tuesday, repeatedly said he was "not interested in talking."

The other former players

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10858666/james-franklin-contacted-alleged-rape-victim-vanderbilt-commodores

Every school does this at every level. Maybe not the rape thing...

Every school does this at every level. Maybe not the rape thing...

Yeah, maybe schools do the "use pretty women to attract recruits" thing, but saying a woman being raped helped recruiting and that because of that he wants her to go gather 15 other women(and herself) and go out and attract more people?

I mean, seriously? After what she went through?

I don't even.

Yeah, maybe schools do the "use pretty women to attract recruits" thing, but saying a woman being raped helped recruiting and that because of that he wants her to go gather 15 other women(and herself) and go out and attract more people?

I don't even.

Yeah he always came off as a douche...

I don't even.

I think its saying he wanted to form a committee of hotness, that she was on it, and after this rape happened he called her in as one of the girls who "helped with recruiting."

Still lanekiffin.gifed up, but no, its not saying he wanted to form a committee as a result.

They really like rape in the Big10 (getting raped by SEC teams and having a lot of players/coaches accused of it) so he'll fit in great!!

Yeah he always came off as a douche...

There is reason for that

sounds like penn st made the perfect fit for a hire

That's what I was thinking. They're trying to get past criminal deviant sexual charges, trials, convictions, and cover-ups, as well as NCAA probation; and hire the one guy they think might be above it all because he was at Vandy, and 9ed1071a-ca92-44a9-aa0b-5a20cbc19eaa_zps24b6db8c.gif , turns out he thought asking a rape victim to aid recruiting by getting her friends to do "favors" was appropriate.

Makes him sound pretty insensitive to her plight.I wonder if this is what really happened.Hard to tell these days.

But it appears either Penn State didn't do their homework very well in hiring him or they were willing to overlook this to try to win games.

Either way it keeps them in a negative light,but I personally don't care and that's all I got to say about 'at 'aight 'air.

I thought Franklin was a legit loyal guy, I couldn't have been more wrong. Now this comes out too, just sad.

Makes him sound pretty insensitive to her plight.I wonder if this is what really happened.Hard to tell these days.

But it appears either Penn State didn't do their homework very well in hiring him or they were willing to overlook this to try to win games.

Either way it keeps them in a negative light,but I personally don't care and that's all I got to say about 'at 'aight 'air.

Apparently it's actually worse than this relatively mild ESPN article makes out. I'd say you're right about them doing a poor job of vetting the guy.

PSU supposedly went for the upstanding coach from a prestigious university and got a pimp instead... can't wait to see and hear their reaction.

The more I think about it, the sicker it sounds.

He didn't just ask a rape victim to procure a stable of 'hostesses" for him a few days after being raped; he asked a rape victim that was raped by his very own players to get more girls to potentially subject themselves to the same treatment.

Apparently it's actually worse than this relatively mild ESPN article makes out. I'd say you're right about them doing a poor job of vetting the guy.

PSU supposedly went for the upstanding coach from a prestigious university and got a pimp instead... can't wait to see and hear their reaction.

The more I think about it, the sicker it sounds.

He didn't just ask a rape victim to procure a stable of 'hostesses" for him a few days after being raped; he asked a rape victim that was raped by his very own players to get more girls to potentially subject themselves to the same treatment.

What the lanekiffin.gif...

What the :lanekiffin:...

Yeah, 4 of his football players gang rape her when she's unconscious, and take pictures; and 4 days later he's asking her to find 15 more girls to be "hostesses" for his prospects.

Yeah, 4 of his football players gang rape her when she's unconscious, and take pictures; and 4 days later he's asking her to find 15 more girls to be "hostesses" for his prospects.

lanekiffin.gif him now. Great job PSU!!!

This just doesn't make sense. Surely there is more to this story. I just don't see how anyone would do this.

The PSU boards don't see the problem.

The PSU boards don't see the problem.

of course they don't...

This just doesn't make sense. Surely there is more to this story. I just don't see how anyone would do this.

Right?? Seems ridiculous, I guess it will be a wait and see situation!

of course they don't...

But neither did the Vandy fans.

Brilliant move by Pen State to hire a guy mired in the midst of a rape scandal of all things. Nothing will ever top what Sandusky did, but this was still not a smart move by them. Thank God nobody cares about PSU football anymore anyway.

Brilliant move by Pen State to hire a guy mired in the midst of a rape scandal of all things. Nothing will ever top what Sandusky did, but this was still not a smart move by them. Thank God nobody cares about PSU football anymore anyway.

They lanekiffin.gifing suck. Karma

Always thought Frankiln was really annoying. A "rah rah" guy, and all. Douchebag....yes.

But now? He's just evil.

I hope PSU cans him immediately.