• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SERDI

Staying with 8 games and 1 permanent "fixed" opponent from the opposite division

248 posts in this topic

BS. Ten of us are just supposed to keep quiet and take the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for the sake of the sacred Georgia-Auburn and Tennessee-Alabama games.

What a joke. Ought to be playing 9 conference games a year with no permanent opposite division opponent...if, we were 14 equal partners.

BS

I don't think 10 programs are against 1 permanent, and I don't think 10 are for 9 games either. Seems like the most agreement is with 8 + 1 big non-con.

I am delighted that we have kept our permanent opponent.

I bet most are fine with this. That's what the vote says.

Ditto for us and our permanent opponent.

I'm happy it stayed. I'm looking forward to starting to play Arkansas. We need a rivalry and I can see Arkansas turning into the rival.

Hey, don't just blame it on UA/UT and AU/UGA. Half the teams from the East have OOC rivalry games that are holding back the conference from going to a 9-game schedule, which is the ideal solution post-expansion, imo.

Posted · Hidden by Porcine, March 1, 2015 - No reason given · Report post

I'm happy it stayed. I'm looking forward to starting to play Arkansas. We need a rivalry and I can see Arkansas turning into the rival.

Meh. I would have like it better if Missouri had slid into SC week and the SEC had left our Black Friday game alone.

We get to play UK every year. I'll take it. With Bama, Auburn, and LSU in the West. Jeeze. Let us have UK. We need em.....

Hey, don't just blame it on UA/UT and AU/UGA. Half the teams from the East have OOC rivalry games that are holding back the conference from going to a 9-game schedule, which is the ideal solution post-expansion, imo.

That doesn't have anything to do with it; the West teams schedule those opponents too, so they can have some decent OOC games with traditional teams from other conferences.

In-state rivalry games are every bit as traditional as those couple of permanent opponent games.

Besides, if the conference really wanted to, it could go to 9 games anyway and do away with 1 warmup opponent.

But we all know our conference schedules are more difficult than those of weaker conferences, making our overall SOS's tougher than those of teams from other conferences... so nobody wants to put our teams at an even greater disadvantage by mandating another SEC game.

I don't have any problem with our cross-division rival, even though it's one of the tougher matchups in the conference.

im glad it didn't go to 9 games, however, that said, I think its bs that we don't rotate ALL cross divisional opponents...guess that means well have at least another 10 years before Georgia plays an actual schedule, lol!

BS. Ten of us are just supposed to keep quiet and take the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for the sake of the sacred Georgia-Auburn and Tennessee-Alabama games.

What a joke. Ought to be playing 9 conference games a year with no permanent opposite division opponent...if, we were 14 equal partners.

BS

You play Mississippi State every year; what could you possibly have to complain about?

im glad it didn't go to 9 games, however, that said, I think its bs that we don't rotate ALL cross divisional opponents...guess that means well have at least another 10 years before Georgia plays an actual schedule, lol!

We do rotate all opponents. It's just that there are so many opponents now that it's actually possible for a player to go his entire 4-year career without ever having faced 1 or 2 of the teams from the other conference... that part sucks.

You play Mississippi State every year; what could you possibly have to complain about?

We've gotten 6 of the last seven verses the Cats. What happened the last time UF played State?

Posted · Hidden by Porcine, March 1, 2015 - No reason given · Report post

If I had to guess

It was voted down 10-4 because of self interests.

The permanent non-division opponents are as listed below:

· Alabama (west) vs. Tennessee (east) Big rivalry

· Arkansas (west) vs. Missouri (east)

· Auburn (west) vs. Georgia (east) Big rivalry

· LSU (west) vs. Florida (east)

· Ole Miss (west) vs. Vanderbilt (east) Both would most likely trade up to a more traditionally difficult opponent.

· Mississippi State (west) vs. Kentucky (east) Both would most likely trade up to a more traditionally difficult opponent.

· Texas A&M (west) vs. South Carolina (east)

Right there is 8 of the 10 votes.

We've gotten 6 of the last seven verses the Cats. What happened the last time UF played State?

Can you name a West team UK would have a better chance of beating every year? Who gives a lanekiffin.gif if MSU beat UF whenever we played last... when's the last time MSU won the conference?

You want SC to play Auburn every year? I highly doubt that

Hell I'd trade A&M for AU in a second, quit your whining

We do rotate all opponents. It's just that there are so many opponents now that it's actually possible for a player to go his entire 4-year career without ever having faced 1 or 2 of the teams from the other conference... that part sucks.

right now, its 1 permanent and 1 rotating...needs to be 2 rotating...

The only people this should piss off is Tennessee fans.

You want SC to play Auburn every year? I highly doubt that

Hell I'd trade A&M for AU in a second, quit your whining

auburn has only had 2 good seasons in the last 10...try playing Alabama and lsu in their prime and get back to me!

Can you name a West team UK would have a better chance of beating every year? Who gives a :lanekiffin: if MSU beat UF whenever we played last... when's the last time MSU won the conference?

UK would probably have just as good a shot at Arkansas or Ole Miss as they did us in all honesty. And I didn't come int swinging at UF, man. You took the first swipe. But since we're there already. That MSU team that you seem to be wanting to equate to a UK team that has gone 4-20 the last two seasons has either had a better season or tied Florida 3 of the last four years.

auburn has only had 2 good seasons in the last 10...try playing Alabama and lsu in their prime and get back to me!

Uh, we did... whats your point again?

They haven't been us in years. They've got a lot to complain about.