• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KneesInTheBreeze

It's a Florida Thing!

16 posts in this topic

My wifes parents live in FL so I totally get these lol

Some of these things you could say about lots of places in the South.

Some of these things you could say about lots of places in the South.

True; but wearing flip-flops and Crocs to church and knowing how to pronounce Kissimmee are pretty much Floridian. :)

Too bad a high percentage are implants from other states anyway.

I like the change of seasons.I guess it's cause I'm used to it or like something to complain about...ha

And the guy that copied and pasted this is from Louisiana.

That's true about the not knowing anyone who couldn't swim.

I actually had to move to Georgia to find someone who couldn't swim; and even then, when they told me I was perplexed like that was the strangest thing I'd ever heard... all I could come up with is, "Why not?".

It never occurred to me that there were parents who hadn't taught their kids to swim... I'd been on the beach and in the ocean from age 3; so I just assumed everybody learned to swim as a child.

I dont understand not knowing to swim. Like what the lanekiffin.gif? What was your childhood in the summer?

I dont understand not knowing to swim. Like what the :lanekiffin:? What was your childhood in the summer?

Not only that, but how do you neglect making sure they'll be safe in any environment?

Aside from the ocean, they're going to be around swimming pools, lakes, rivers, ponds, canals, creeks, etc. all their life... wouldn't you want to make sure they won't drown when they're with their friends?

Hell, I wouldn't even feel confident about taking a guy fishing with me if he couldn't freaking swim.

Not only that, but how do you neglect making sure they'll be safe in any environment?

Aside from the ocean, they're going to be around swimming pools, lakes, rivers, ponds, canals, creeks, etc. all their life... wouldn't you want to make sure they won't drown when they're with their friends?

Hell, I wouldn't even feel confident about taking a guy fishing with me if he couldn't freaking swim.

Exactly. Anything could happen. Just one of those things you're expected to learn

Can't say I've ever met someone who couldn't swim

Can't say I've ever met someone who couldn't swim

When they're panicking and dragging down anyone else who's close by and looks like they can tread water is the worst time to find out too.

When they're panicking and dragging down anyone else who's close by and looks like they can tread water is the worst time to find out too.

Hell no, they're ass is getting drowned. Im not going down with em

True; but wearing flip-flops and Crocs to church and knowing how to pronounce Kissimmee are pretty much Floridian. :)

Yeah, I know about a lot of that. I was going to say "Ask GatorU", but I see he has already answered. :lol: