• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Architect

Spring Game

32 posts in this topic

I'm in, any others?

Anybody heard anything about format? I'm hoping there's enough healthy bodies to play a real game, but haven't seen anything since the coaches hinted they might need to tweak it.

Want the stadium packed.....lots of recruits in the house Saturday.

I haven't heard about format. Cat Walk is at 1:45, last year the 'croots walked through with their parents and coaches about 10 minutes before the team. It's important everyone gets down there to put out a great impression for the recruits.

I'll be sitting in section 109, very interested to see how the construction is progressing. Getting down there at 11 to start tailgating with the crew.

It will be the starters against the reserves with no live punts or kickoffs in 12 minute quarters.

It will be the starters against the reserves with no live punts or kickoffs in 12 minute quarters.

That's stupid.

People get all excited. The offense put up 52 points!!!. Well, yeah. They were starters playing walkons and true freshmen. If they looked bad, you would have a problem.

That's stupid.

Why? Does it make difference if first team offense plays on same side as second team defense or against it in a scrimmage? I think this is more about building a little cohesiveness with the starting units. Maybe build a little confidence. Hell if I know. I'm just excited to see who gets the QB nod. My money is on Towles.

Why? Does it make difference if first team offense plays on same side as second team defense or against it in a scrimmage? I think this is more about building a little cohesiveness with the starting units. Maybe build a little confidence. Hell if I know. I'm just excited to see who gets the QB nod. My money is on Towles.

I understand that, but there's no way at all to gauge how good said QB is in this instance. 1s v 1s is the way to go. They've had an entire Spring and Fall to build cohesion.

My money is on a miracle walk on who comes in as the UK football savior.

I understand that, but there's no way at all to gauge how good said QB is in this instance. 1s v 1s is the way to go. They've had an entire Spring and Fall to build cohesion.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather see that format for sure to get a better gauge (if you really can from a scrimmage) of what improvements both starting corp have made.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather see that format for sure to get a better gauge (if you really can from a scrimmage) of what improvements both starting corp have made.

Y'all almost gave me a heart attack last season in Starkville. I don't want to see Uk get better. :trollface:

My money is on a miracle walk on who comes in as the UK football savior.

I really think we're gonna see improved line play, especially on the D side. Stoops definitely gets that big uglies in the trenches get it done.

I'd really like to see a key WR step up. Just one. Anyone.

Y'all almost gave me a heart attack last season in Starkville. I don't want to see Uk get better. :trollface:

I really think we win this year, but I know how all of the media reports and coach speak in the spring go v what we actually look like.

I really think we're gonna see improved line play, especially on the D side. Stoops definitely gets that big uglies in the trenches get it done.

I'd really like to see a key WR step up. Just one. Anyone.

Timmons or Blue are the two most likely.

Timmons or Blue are the two most likely.

Agreed. Still haven't heard what was up with Legree leaving other than he didn't want to be here. Guess he got buried on the depth chart.

Agreed. Still haven't heard what was up with Legree leaving other than he didn't want to be here. Guess he got buried on the depth chart.

That's kinda hard to believe unless he just sucks. I'd think WR is the most open position considering the offense. Brown used 10-12 receivers a game at Texas Tech

That's kinda hard to believe unless he just sucks. I'd think WR is the most open position considering the offense. Brown used 10-12 receivers a game at Texas Tech

That was the only explanation I'd seen. I'm with you, PT is there for any WR who wants it. Maybe just wasn't jiving with the staff. Stoops comment on it was "I want players who want to be here" so read into it what you will.

Legree must be spelled B-U-M......how could one not find a way to get on the field at the WR position in this offense?...not to mention our roster shortcomings there.

I'll be sitting in section 109, very interested to see how the construction is progressing. Getting down there at 11 to start tailgating with the crew.

109? That's midfield isn't it? How'd you score that? Good for you.

I'll be in 120 (end zone).

109? That's midfield isn't it? How'd you score that? Good for you.

I'll be in 120 (end zone).

Got on Ticketmaster as soon as the presale code leaked and got 'em.

Is it on TV!?

It will be broadcast live here in state and then its going to be replayed at 7 on FS South.

Girlfriend has bacon eggs and grits working right now. Bout to make a beer and ice run, load up the cornhole boards, and head down to the stadium. Mid 70s and not a cloud in sight. Perfect day for some Wildcat football!

It will be broadcast live here in state and then its going to be replayed at 7 on FS South.

Girlfriend has bacon eggs and grits working right now. Bout to make a beer and ice run, load up the cornhole boards, and head down to the stadium. Mid 70s and not a cloud in sight. Perfect day for some Wildcat football!

Sounds like a pretty damn good day for you!!!

So how did the team look or is the game not happened yet?

So how did the team look or is the game not happened yet?

bump

Looked improved to me. Especially the tempo of the offense. So hard to tell playing against your own guys, but I liked what I saw.

Still at least one more top 30 recruiting class from being competitive in the SEC, though.

Just my $.02.

• TheRealBrave
      I can safely say it is impossible for a QB to have a sluggish start vs. Georgia right now
    • L.A.Hog
      No one with a family and common sense want trump to destroy this country....
    • TheRealBrave
      Something that bothered me was Lester Holt being Hillary's personal fact checker and attempting to correct Trump consistently. He didn't jump on her for lying when she denied saying TPP is the gold standard of trade deals. It is plain as day that she said it, and relatively recently.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpLQzeCoNnA&app=desktop
    • Mizzou_Fan
      So now we'll move on to LSU and Tennessee. 
    • Flea
      LSU is the only Power 5 team in a state with a tiny population compared to Texas.  LSU and Bama made out like bandits by bringing in A&M.  And to show how autonomous LSU is, wasn't their recent change decided at ULL game?   Houston?  A serious multi-year threat?  With their pack 45,000 seat stadium and limited funds?   They flash every few decades. They won't keep TH that long.   tu?  Can't compete with the SEC brand.  TCU and Baylor?  Self-destruct at least once per 20 years.   
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      foxflyer5
      foxflyer5
    2. 2
      bbqit
      bbqit
    3. 3
      JoeGator
      JoeGator
    4. 4
      razorhead