• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UAdan

Rank the SEC Network promo videos

12 posts in this topic

Ours is almost as bad as our athletics programs.

Almost.

Missouri's is even worse than ours.

I heard Kentucky's was bad too.

Who the hell put this trash together?

1. Alabama

2. South Carolina

3. Georgia

4. Ole Miss

The others are Garbage especially the Vols

TAMUs should be titled how to groom your collie

I thought ours was fine. I liked that they used the dude/family that raises and keeps the mascot.

Ours blew. The LFL is awesome, but it kinda loses some luster when the stands are friggen empty. Why couldn't they wait and shoot this vid when we had a packed house?

My favorites:

Alabama - No homer. Bear Bryant's gravelly voice and the trademark houndstooth on people of all ages some 30 years after his death just shows how passionate people are about football and the impact it has had.

Ole Miss - I tend to lean more towards the commercials that capture the wide range of fans for each program, and the tribute to The Grove does just that.

Miss. State - This is actually very cool. MSU has always been more of an intimate type of athletic program, and the baseball tailgate was an interesting but extremely effective way to go. Shows the true atmosphere with some more fanhood mixed in.

Georgia - For Herschel. Respect.

Least Favorite:

Vanderbilt - I don't mind so much basketball, but...the whole video was based on their weird freaking court design. You say unique, I say annoying.

South Carolina - I love the Carolina fans on this board so plz don't hate me. But it was just sort of....bland...I was hoping for something with the 2001 Space Odyssey, the smoke entrance, etc...this is just...'here..we put a white towel on every seat...and we wave them...'...meh.

Texas A&M - ....just odd. Auburn's was kind of 'odd' too but the campus draped in toilet paper like a Winter morning was kind of interesting. I think A&M missed the boat with this one.

But the worst of all?

Tennessee - ARE YOU KIDDING ME, UT? The Vol Navy...the Running Through The T...Checkerboard Endzones...Smokey...you could have done SO MUCH with this type of commercial, and you slap a soccer mom onto the screen singing "Rockytop" as a lullaby?!

Yeah, just watched UT's that was awful.

I'm surprised Bill Bates hasn't gone on a homicidal rampage at this point

Yeah I'm not sure why we didn't use the 2001 entrance

Ours was alright. That was the opening to Big Blue Madness. It lead up to the overdub of Cawood Ledford which is what really gets you as a Kentucky fan. They needed to just show a quick bit of the court transformation like they did and then pan to the fans.

Or they could have done a compare and contrast of the bluegrass countryside, the city, southeastern hollers, and western.

I dunno but ours could have been done better for sure.

• Titans4Vols
      Arkansas is only favored by 1 point more(35) over Alcorn State than Alabama is over Kentucky...that is insane.
    • cocky4ever
      Most people here probably think I love Trump but actually I just think he is the only chance we have to get someone in the office who will steer us off of this unsustainable path. Hillary has supported most attacks on the middle class. She loves NAFTA and supported the TPP. And as Trump pointed out(which I'm amazed hasn't gotten more attention) the only thing that seems good about the past 8 years is actually just an illusion. Once the fed stops unjustifiably propping up the stock market we'll be right back where we started when Obama walked into office, only with a s--t ton more debt. And Hillary wants to carry out the same types of policies. So we have someone who supports horrible policies, is incredibly corrupt, and will assuredly s--t all over the constitution with her Supreme Court nominations.    Trump may may or may not do much better, but he almost certainly couldn't do worse. 
    • jacobp
      As is the Razorback Foundation.   there are more than two, but not money. Any funds directed toward the big three sports from the university are always sent back at the end of the year, usually with an extra $2-3 million attached   
    • TheRealBrave
      UGA has 0 talent at OL. True freshman QB. Possession WR's that cannot catch. Kickers cannot make middle-school level kicks. Half of our secondary are better at being matadors than corners
    • bobbyb0322
      No. Gary Johnson is a pretty successful business man in his own right. I mean, he didn't have daddy's millions to build his business from so he didn't get quite to that level that Trump did having everything given to him.
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      bbqit
      bbqit
    2. 2
      foxflyer5
      foxflyer5
    3. 3
      razorhead
      razorhead
    4. 4
      JoeGator