• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GatorUnvrsty

Meet Donnie Tyndall, Vols New Basketball Head Coach

21 posts in this topic

He's a damn good coach

That very well may be; but he's still going to get the same SECTalk Christening every new coaching hire gets... plus, I just like vids of awkward, 4'4" white dwarves in ill-fitting suits doing the Harlem Shake.

:trollface:

He's a Yankee.

They seem to be taking over the UT coaching ranks. You guys now have 2 Meatchicken coaches running the 2 revenue generating programs at the school.

His college roommate at MSU actually works for me, no joke. Used to be the Eagles equipment manager. He has good things to say. I was hoping for something to put UT on probation.

His college roommate at MSU actually works for me, no joke. Used to be the Eagles equipment manager. He has good things to say. I was hoping for something to put UT on probation.

Since when did you become a Clippers fan?

Since when did you become a Clippers fan?

Celtics aren't in it. Hornets don't exist til next season. I like to bandwagon during playoffs.

I've watched Tyndall for two years now. He's the real deal. The only time he loses is when the other team can't miss from 3. His philosophy is to make the opponent shoot as many from behind the arc as possible. And it works 90% of the time. His teams are always super physical and play bigger than they are. They attack and are relentless. I think he will be a good hire.

A lot of recruiting is about image; and he's in a whole other end of the pool now... it'll be interesting to see how well he recruits against a few guys who are pretty good at it like Cal, Billy, and Bruce.

A lot of recruiting is about image; and he's in a whole other end of the pool now... it'll be interesting to see how well he recruits against a few guys who are pretty good at it like Cal, Billy, and Bruce.

So he only loses to three teams?I'd take that.

He's got as good a chance as the others.....ha

So he only loses to three teams?I'd take that.

Except that means his roster is very similar to that of a half dozen other teams just in the SEC.

Except that means his roster is very similar to that of a half dozen other teams just in the SEC.

At least they didn't go after Dana"one day" Altman.

He seems energetic enough so maybe he can pump a little fire into the program.

At least they didn't go after Dana"one day" Altman.

He seems energetic enough so maybe he can pump a little fire into the program.

I actually think he's not that bad a hire; like I said earlier, at least he's got some NCAAT experience.

But it was confirmed that Hart put out feelers and expressed interest to a few brand-name coaches, but the interest wasn't mutual.

He then moved on to gauge interest from Marshall and Smart, and there was none.

Then he tried Michael White, who actually expressed a little interest and considered the job before ultimately declining.

And they finally landed Tyndall, who was around 6th or 7th on the list.

So I'm more than a little skeptical when I see folks claiming a home run hire, or that he's who UT wanted all along.

Who knows, he could be another Billy Donovan; except for that pesky NCAA infraction/violation business... Billy don't roll like that.

I actually think he's not that bad a hire; like I said earlier, at least he's got some NCAAT experience.

But it was confirmed that Hart put out feelers and expressed interest to a few brand-name coaches, but the interest wasn't mutual.

He then moved on to gauge interest from Marshall and Smart, and there was none.

Then he tried Michael White, who actually expressed a little interest and considered the job before ultimately declining.

And they finally landed Tyndall, who was around 6th or 7th on the list.

So I'm more than a little skeptical when I see folks claiming a home run hire, or that he's who UT wanted all along.

Who knows, he could be another Billy Donovan; except for that pesky NCAA infraction/violation business... Billy don't roll like that.

There's so much money out there for coaches that they can be selective these days.Why put yourself into tough situations when the money's good where you are.I can't blame them.

Except I wouldn't cry about a million dollar buyout...