• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Titans4Vols

Jared Lorenzen is the only good thing Kentucky Football has produced in the last 30 years

63 posts in this topic

The NCAA decided to allow schools to give unlimited amounts of food to their athletes, and Jared Lorenzen decided to share his opinion on the matter.

jared lorenzen@JaredLorenzen22 2h

I'll tell u what the NCAA really lucked out that I don't have any eligibility left.

The NCAA decided to allow schools to give unlimited amounts of food to their athletes, and Jared Lorenzen decided to share his opinion on the matter.

i like him

Seems like every time we drew Kentucky someone like him was on the team..a difference maker.

The big guy was good.Hat's off to him.

Geez, this is like the 3rd or 4th thread about Fat Boy just this off-season; you'd think the kid won something other than the team twinkie-eating contest every year.

We get it, he could throw the ball some and was hard to topple; that makes him a lot like a... weeble.jpg

Geez, this is like the 3rd or 4th thread about Fat Boy just this off-season; you'd think the kid won something other than the team twinkie-eating contest every year.

We get it, he could throw the ball some and was hard to topple; that makes him a lot like a... weeble.jpg

he was much better than you're giving him credit for

Lol, pretty good.

Everyone likes a fat hero.

he was much better than you're giving him credit for

No he wasn't. He made All-SEC 2nd team once. In his very best season he had a QB rating of 136.6. His career rating was 126.

This year that rating would have made him the 12th best QB in the SEC... 12th of 14. Even the 136.6 rating that was his best would have only ranked him 10th this past year.

He lost to Zook-led UF in his junior and senior seasons, throwing for a combined 359 yards, 2 TD's, with 3 picks and 3 fumbles.

Revisionist history and his jolly appearance has made folks remember him more fondly.

The damn school would go broke at the expense of his diet.

I think I read somewhere a few months ago that his brother is going to be playing on the local HS team next year where I live (the same HS my youngest son attended). At least I think it was his brother.

J Load... The round mound of touchdown

Lol, pretty good.

Everyone likes a fat hero.

I'm counting on that...

No he wasn't. He made All-SEC 2nd team once. In his very best season he had a QB rating of 136.6. His career rating was 126.

This year that rating would have made him the 12th best QB in the SEC... 12th of 14. Even the 136.6 rating that was his best would have only ranked him 10th this past year.

He lost to Zook-led UF in his junior and senior seasons, throwing for a combined 359 yards, 2 TD's, with 3 picks and 3 fumbles.

Revisionist history and his jolly appearance has made folks remember him more fondly.

He always played like a complete pain in the ass vs. Georgia

Quit bein a dick and lock this thread

Quit bein a dick and lock this thread

I'm not being a dick; I was awed by his abilities for such a big guy, too... but let's not overdo it and make him the guy who deserved the Heisman but wasn't considered; which is what the Texas fan obviously believes.

He was great for a 300lb. QB; which isn't quite the same thing as being a great QB. I'm just posting the facts; how folks interpret them is their prerogative.

I'm not being a dick; I was awed by his abilities for such a big guy, too... but let's not overdo it and make him the guy who deserved the Heisman but wasn't considered; which is what the Texas fan obviously believes.

He was great for a 300lb. QB; which isn't quite the same thing as being a great QB. I'm just posting the facts; how folks interpret them is their prerogative.

I do not believe anything of the sort. But he would start for more than half of the sec this year. Including florida

7th all time passer in SEC history, right behind Danny Wuerffel. He was more than average.

And he played a team sport at the University of Kentucky not called basketball.

And he made All-SEC ONCE, and it was 2nd team, like I already said... clearly I'm not alone in my opinion.

He's not even UK's best All-time QB; that honor goes to Andre Woodson.

And finally, he's definitely not the 7th rated SEC QB of all time; he's not even in the Top 20...

PASSING EFFICIENCY

CAREER: (Min. 300 comp.)

1. 170.8— Tim Tebow, Florida (661 of 995)

2006-09

2. 169.0— Greg McElroy, Alabama (222 of 313)

2007-10

3. 163.6— Danny Wuerffel, Florida (708 of 1,170)

1993-96

4. 158.1— Ryan Mallett, Arkansas (491 of 814)

2009-10

5. 148.2— Jason Campbell, Auburn (552 of 854)

2001-04

6. 147.1— Peyton Manning, Tennessee (863 of 1,381)

1994-97

7. 146.8— Rex Grossman, Florida (677 of 1,110)

2000-02

8. 144.1— Tyler Wilson, Arkansas (344 of 547)

2008-Present

9. 142.9— David Greene, Georgia (849 of 1,440)

2001-04

10. 141.7— Tim Couch, Kentucky (795 of 1,184)

1996-98

11. 139.9— André Woodson, Kentucky (791 of 1,278)

2004-07

12. 139.0— Casey Clausen, Tennessee (775 of 1,270)

2000-03

13. 137.7— Eli Manning, Ole Miss (829 of 1363)

2000-03

14. 137.6— Shane Matthews, Florida (772 of 1,202)

1989-92

15. 137.1— Eric Zeier, Georgia (838 of 1,402)

1991-94

137.1— Mike Bobo, Georgia (445 of 766)

1994-97

17. 136.5— Kerwin Bell, Florida (549 of 949)

1984-87

18. 136.3— Tommy Hodson, LSU (674 of 1,163)

1986-89

19. 135.6— Matt Jones, Arkansas (417 of 755)

http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=GGECQTfkJE4=&tabid=480&mid=2555

Hell, both Andre Woodson AND Tim Couch from UK rank ahead of Lorenzen. Like I said, his career 126 rating would put him around 30th or so.