• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PuddingTime

WCS returning next season!!!

28 posts in this topic

Awwwwwwwww shiiiiiiiiiit. Cal is hyped, no doubt! Poythress will probably return as well. Marcus and Dakari do likewise and we have the best front court in the land.

Today, we are all Willie Cauley-Stein men

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/14/sophomore-center-willie-cauley-stein-returning-to-kentucky/

Kind of a double edged sword here. Our front court depth is on another level now. Five All American big men will be expecting playing time.

Dakari Johnson

Marcus Lee

WCS

Trey Lyles

Karl Towns

Poythress is gonna have to learn to play SF cause that's the only spot that'll be available for him.

Might become a issue next year, especially considering Marcus Lee proved he deserves PT.

#UKproblems

Do you expect any of the freshmen to return? Starters that is...

I think they'll end up taking longest to announce. They won't split and one will no doubt get better draft productions than the other. Gonna have to be a group decision for them. Young I haven't the slightest idea. I know he needs to return. Whether he does remains to be seen. Randle, he's Top 3 pick and gone.

I'd like to see all of the freshmen return. Up the money UK and win one for the SEC.

Well that was an unexpected surprise for UK; good to see a guy who will be an upperclassman come back.

Smart move.

Disagree. Think every year he stays his stock gets lower and lower. Needs to realize he won't be anything more than Tyson Chandler in the nba. His foot must be messed up.

He can improve his game, specifically with his back to the basket.

In terms of the freshman starters who may come back, I think we can rule out James Young as he most likely gone and is a projected lottery pick in some draft boards. Dakari will be back. The Harrison twins are the biggest wild card in this process as I can see them going both ways. Both Andrew and Aaron would benefit from another year back at UK. If anyone should go given their current level of play, it should be Aaron. I think its 50/50 they return but I'm leaning toward the fact that they will go because it seems like their Dad is pushing them to do so despite where they are projected in the draft right now.

Disagree. Think every year he stays his stock gets lower and lower. Needs to realize he won't be anything more than Tyson Chandler in the nba. His foot must be messed up.

I'm sure a lot of kids are coming back due to this loaded draft class.

In terms of the freshman starters who may come back, I think we can rule out James Young as he most likely gone and is a projected lottery pick in some draft boards. Dakari will be back. The Harrison twins are the biggest wild card in this process as I can see them going both ways. Both Andrew and Aaron would benefit from another year back at UK. If anyone should go given their current level of play, it should be Aaron. I think its 50/50 they return but I'm leaning toward the fact that they will go because it seems like their Dad is pushing them to do so despite where they are projected in the draft right now.

You think so in spite of his comments on their families financial well being during the tourney?

I'm sure a lot of kids are coming back due to this loaded draft class.

This.

Willie had no offense either.

He could really improve in a year's time.

Maybe he can finally beat Arkansas. :trollface:

The intentional loses are to give Arky more confidence. :trollface:

The intentional loses are to give Arky more confidence. :trollface:

It didn't work as well as planned considering we layed an egg last two games of the season to miss the NCAAs.... *sigh*

You think so in spite of his comments on their families financial well being during the tourney?

Yeah I read that but I still think they are going to leave regardless of their draft position. I'd be happy to be wrong though.

Yeah I read that but I still think they are going to leave regardless of their draft position. I'd be happy to be wrong though.

Maybe Cal will promise to get a twin tattoo if they stay lol

James Young to the NBA

Not terribly surprised. Projected in the 7-15 range. I personally think he is a long way from ready but if he's looking at that high a spot, you have to go.

Not terribly surprised. Projected in the 7-15 range. I personally think he is a long way from ready but if he's looking at that high a spot, you have to go.

Yep, hard to turn down the millions.

Didn't feel like starting a new thread but did Marcus Lee really have to announce he'd be back next year? Who was worried about him leaving? lol

Didn't feel like starting a new thread but did Marcus Lee really have to announce he'd be back next year? Who was worried about him leaving? lol

Anything these guys do is news. Analyzed, dissected, and argued about. He was getting looks after his tourney performance. Absolutely he needed to announce to put us at ease.

Also, ole boy who promised WCS he'd get a tattoo of him if he came back handled his business: Willie-Tat-600x800.jpeg