• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hail2TheTide

Spring Games

204 posts in this topic

USC is on right now. They're #1 offense looked pretty good. Davis ran hard. I also anticipate Pharoah Cooper being a big weapon for them.

Either USCs offense is going to be stout or their defense is going to look like A&M last year.

Driskel making good zone reads and throwing well. Mack Brown and Kelvin Taylor running well. Marcel Harris from Dr. Phillips High School looking REAL good on defense. Kurt Roper's offense looks promising.

Stats from the Mizzou spring game scrimmage from Dave Matter posted on twitter.

Official Mizzou scrimmage passing stats: Mauk 16-26-153 yards; Berkstresser 13-22-110, 2 INTs; Printz 8 of 17-74; Hosick 4-9-38; Zanders 0-1

Top rushers for Mizzou: Murphy 9-58-3 TDs, Hansbrough 7-40, Drummond 10-34, Steward 7-26, Mauk 1-19, Zanders 3-18

Top receivers for Mizzou: Moore 7-58 yards, Laurent 6-66, Sasser 5-55, Hunt 4-54, Copelin 2-29, Leftwich 2-22

On defense for Mizzou, Beisel with team-high 9 tackles, Singleton 7, Dennis/Browning 5, Scherer/Hatley/Brantley 4. Penton with two INTs

Like that Mauk didn't throw any picks. I really think that the receiving corps will step up without DGB. They don't really have a choice. Still have 3 pretty good running backs. Hope we can stay healthy again this year.

I guess this doesn't technically belong in this thread... Oops, I got excited. I promise that never happens...

Did anyone see MSU's spring game? I saw some stats. Either out QB's and Wr's rock or our pass D blows hard....

Did anyone see MSU's spring game? I saw some stats. Either out QB's and Wr's rock or our pass D blows hard....

Judging by how our D finished, which of those do you think is correct? :)

What were Dak's numbers, btw?

Y'all blow hard.....period.

:trollface:

Judging by how our D finished, which of those do you think is correct? :)

What were Dak's numbers, btw?

7 of 9 131 yards 1 td

Williams went 21 of 32 347 yards 4 tds

Fred Ross has 10 catches 210 yards 2 tds.

Driskel making good zone reads and throwing well. Mack Brown and Kelvin Taylor running well. Marcel Harris from Dr. Phillips High School looking REAL good on defense. Kurt Roper's offense looks promising.

Dam!!!!Mack Brown is your running back?WTH

7 of 9 131 yards 1 td

Williams went 21 of 32 347 yards 4 tds

Fred Ross has 10 catches 210 yards 2 tds.

We know what Dak can do at this point, so that wasn't surprising. Pleasantly surprised about Williams, tho. Those are good numbers even if it is only a scrimmage.

My takeaway from our spring game

Going to be a lot of heartbroken gamecocks, gators, vols, tigers (of multiple states), commodores, cats, piggies, and insects

Vandy's was yesterday....new look for Dores as Mr. Jerk and his snake oil salesmen have moved on to Crappy Valley and cleaning showers. Hogan was pleased with the new look Dores...we playing football now and not promoting for the Lion King!

Vandy's was yesterday....new look for Dores as Mr. Jerk and his snake oil salesmen have moved on to Crappy Valley and cleaning showers. Hogan was pleased with the new look Dores...we playing football now and not promoting for the Lion King!

Ready to see what new coach does. He did a lot of winning at Stanford.

Wonder what Vandy will have on O without Jordan Matthews

Wonder what Vandy will have on O without Jordan Matthews

I'll tell you one thing...you got our next receiver in Josh Malone...he is a stud. Bag Man Buck got him for y'all....only time before Butch gets caught. Good Luck next season.

My takeaway from our spring game

Going to be a lot of heartbroken gamecocks, gators, vols, tigers (of multiple states), commodores, cats, piggies, and insects

why would we all be heartbroken about beating the crap out of a horrible Georgia team this season?

My takeaway from the Vols? OLine needs work. Rest of the team is where I was expecting it.

why would we all be heartbroken about beating the crap out of a horrible Georgia team this season?

Cause history tells us you still won't make it to ATL and we will

Hell at this point I'm almost hesitant about pulling for UGA in that game.

Cause history tells us you still won't make it to ATL and we will

Hell at this point I'm almost hesitant about pulling for UGA in that game.

ill be so glad when yall start having tougher schedules so we wont have to listen to this bs any longer!

ill be so glad when yall start having tougher schedules so we wont have to listen to this bs any longer!

Back to this again I see, hell I was hoping SC would win it last year as we had the harder schedule but they blew it.

Back to this again I see, hell I was hoping SC would win it last year as we had the harder schedule but they blew it.

ummm, no, you didn't...

ummm, no, you didn't...

You're right, point is SC had the easier schedule and did nothing with it. So you continuing to whine about scheduling is laughable

• Titans4Vols
      Yeah, Jancek's famous man to man defense with no blitz on 3rd and 4th down.
    • Based Potato
      Lord knows that was the gameplan last year.
    • Titans4Vols
      Shoop knows how to cover it up with his blitzes, and with Martin out our secondary isn't too bad. We've got two good safeties and the corners are passable sans-Martin(who himself isn't as bad as he showed yesterday, but still isn't good).   Plus a big bonus is Georgia WRs have no idea how to catch a football, so we could probably leave them uncovered and still be ok.
    • Based Potato
      Eh, don't overrate the defensive performance. Our secondary is a liability.
    • Titans4Vols
      Eason(who I do think has a lot of potential, but he's just too inexperienced) won't be able to do anything against a Bob Shoop defense, so as long as DeBord gets his s**t together, we should win this game with ease. It being in Georgia is my only big concern. Will be the first time we've left the state of Tennessee this year, and first time not in front of a majority Tennessee crowd(Bristol was probably 65-35 Tennessee/Va Tech fans).
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      JoeGator
      JoeGator
    2. 2
      PuddingTime
      PuddingTime
    3. 3
      bbqit
      bbqit
    4. 4
      RammaJamma