• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SECTalk.com

Jarnell Stokes NBA Draft Annoucement Transcript

13 posts in this topic

Figured that was coming; he was getting a lot of hype at the end of the season... still, they got 3 good years from him.

Figured that was coming; he was getting a lot of hype at the end of the season... still, they got 3 good years from him.

What was going to be their center piece is gone and now Counzo's gonna have to start over. How much longer you think he's got?

Wasn't McRare a senior this year? Losing both Stokes and McRae will definitely hurt for Cuonzo.

Wasn't McRare a senior this year? Losing both Stokes and McRae will definitely hurt for Cuonzo.

yep

yep

Never heard of him,but I wish him luck.Can't blame a kid for going for the bucks.

What was going to be their center piece is gone and now Counzo's gonna have to start over. How much longer you think he's got?

Hard to say because their fan base and their administration never seem to be on the same page.

Fans and AD's are often at odds about coaches at every school because fans are impatient and don't have the same fiscal concerns that the administrations do; but at UT it's a little more pronounced because they're just getting out of the red after paying so many previous buyout clauses simultaneously.

Throw in the fact that he actually got them to the Sweet 16, and got an extension, and it seems he'll be there awhile. If they hadn't made the tourney or gotten bounced in the 1st round, I'd have said he had this next year and that's probably it.

Now, with the core scoring gone and lesser talent coming in raw, he's kind of got a built in excuse plus the extension if he doesn't do well; the expectations won't be so great next year, considering the circumstances.

Pearl was great at making something out of less than elite talent; I'm not sure Cuonzo is the same kind of coach... but we're going to find out.

Josh Richardson will probably have a big year.

na

He's the best ya'll have next season.

sad

Other than Pearl, I don't know where Vol fans get the uppity expectation that a coach who got them to the Sweet 16 should be fired.