• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smokeyone

like desperadoes waiting for a train, and its still April.

228 posts in this topic

So here I sit, my Vols have ugly questions at QB and OT and some not so ugly questions all over the field. The O&W game is coming up and football season is an eternity away. Its a mix of angst and trepidation with a bit of hope and optimism that I less than patiently await the new season.

The BCS is gone and now we have a bad playoff system in its place. A new face replaces Monte Muffins illegitimate love child for Vandy and a few coaches find their seats uncomfortably warm as the season nears (Mushchamp looking at you dawg). Every QB that can pass for a college QB have left the SEC strangling to replace or adapt in that position with Mizzo and SC looking to be in the catbird seat in that regard. We launch a new SEC network this year so we can finally watch Vandy and UK play on TV. Hopefully Steve Oswald Spurrier gets to join the cast of commentators before he dies. Ole Ball Coach would be a sound bit a minute cohosting a show with Pollock and Eric Ainge. Let's make that happen.

The usually suspects have been picked to win their divisions this year UGA (really? No QB, no OLine, broken WRS, new DC and system, same Hobo and CMR, Gurley may or may not be 100% the list literally goes on and on) and Bama (Buck Fama) (I hope Sabans daughter catches herpes from Kiffin) and the usual experts will be wrong again this year. With the mass exodus of QBs from the league we should see a return to the D and running game that has taken a back seat the last few years. Yes Auburn and UGA fans you really must play D at some point, sorry but its not an option. When you don't play D ACC teams win national titles.

I'm off to work now, sorry this write up was all over the place. I was playing hungry hungry hippos while typing it.

So here I sit, my Vols have ugly questions at QB and OT and some not so ugly questions all over the field. The O&W game is coming up and football season is an eternity away. Its a mix of angst and trepidation with a bit of hope and optimism that I less than patiently await the new season.

The BCS is gone and now we have a bad playoff system in its place. A new face replaces Monte Muffins illegitimate love child for Vandy and a few coaches find their seats uncomfortably warm as the season nears (Mushchamp looking at you dawg). Every QB that can pass for a college QB have left the SEC (East) strangling to replace or adapt in that position with Mizzo and SC looking to be in the catbird seat in that regard. We launch a new SEC network this year so we can finally watch Vandy and UK play on TV. Hopefully Steve Oswald Spurrier gets to join the cast of commentators before he dies. Ole Ball Coach would be a sound bit a minute cohosting a show with Pollock and Eric Ainge. Let's make that happen.

The usually suspects have been picked to win their divisions this year UGA (really? No QB, no OLine, broken WRS, new DC and system, same Hobo and CMR, Gurley may or may not be 100% the list literally goes on and on) and Bama (Buck Fama) (I hope Sabans daughter catches herpes from Kiffin) and the usual experts will be wrong again this year. With the mass exodus of QBs from the league we should see a return to the D and running game that has taken a back seat the last few years. Yes Auburn and UGA fans you really must play D at some point, sorry but its not an option. When you don't play D ACC teams win national titles.

I'm off to work now, sorry this write up was all over the place. I was playing hungry hungry hippos while typing it.

FIFY. In the West, Ole Miss, State, and Auburn all return their QBs.

FIFY. In the West, Ole Miss, State, and Auburn all return their QBs.

My statement stands. I am fully aware they return people to play the position.

My statement stands. I am fully aware they return people to play the position.

Then your statement is incorrect.

Then your statement is incorrect.

Dak Prescott is not in the same category as the QB talent that left last year. Nick Marshall has a bright future at Safety. The rest in the league still here fall somewhere between where Prescott is and playing out of position like Marshall.

Smokes be trollin brah.

As a matter of fact, here is his theme song: http://chiptuneswin....iptunes-srsbsns

There is a difference between the talent in the SEC at QB today and what left last year. A huge difference.

Dak Prescott is not in the same category as the QB talent that left last year. Nick Marshall has a bright future at Safety. The rest in the league still here fall somewhere between where Prescott is and playing out of position like Marshall.

What do you define as a good qb? Oh, and I get that you're trolling, but the question is an honest one.

But to say that Prescott who only started 7 games yet threw for over 1900 yards and rushed for more than 800, or that Marshall who threw for over 1900 and rushed for over 1,000 on his way to a NC, or Wallace who threw for over 3,000 yards aren't worthy of being called QBs, that's a load of horseiaBdfkZ.png.

I do think Dak is legitimate talent at QB, but his passing stats were meh last year (10 TD 7 INT) so some people aren't going to be convinced until he proves it for an entire season

For a sec I thought smokey would do the impossible. Get OM and MSU fans to be on the same side of an argument.

I do think Dak is legitimate talent at QB, but his passing stats were meh last year (10 TD 7 INT) so some people aren't going to be convinced until he proves it for an entire season

don't underrate a qb that seems to have that "it" factor. everybody else on the team seems to be better when he plays

Obviously people are not even considering the juggernaut.... Jeff Driskel.

One heck of a troll thread that is all over the place. Hit nearly every team in the SEC including the same ol same ol trashing of UGA, his most hated team.

Winter's over.Guess I need to trim my toenails.

UGA (really? No QB, no OLine, broken WRS, new DC and system, same Hobo and CMR, Gurley may or may not be 100% the list literally goes on and on)

For all the questions...........

Maybe we do have a QB.

Maybe our OL will be good.

Maybe our WR's will be better than they were last year.

Maybe a new DC is a good thing.

Maybe Bobo is a good OC.

Maybe Gurley is 100%.

Maybe we do have a QB.

Maybe Bobo is a good OC.

Maybe Gurley is 100%.

And maybe if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their asses when they hop....

Maybe we do have a QB.

Maybe Bobo is a good OC.

Maybe Gurley is 100%.

Maybe a hot red head will trip and fall and end up with my penis in her mouth.

Maybe a hot red head will trip and fall and end up with my penis in her mouth.

Even when you act like you want to talk fb you can't do it.

Even when you act like you want to talk fb you can't do it.

OK, fair enough. I didn't take your post seriously.

Maybe y'all do have a QB. Sure you do have multiple schollied guys that are listed on your roster that are listed as a QB. The only one to take a college snap last year looked below average, didn't help the OLine (sacked 10 times in 2 games against teams not known for their pass rush) and really didn't look ready to be on the field. But that's pretty consistent with UGA under CMR. I think DJ Shockley was the last guy that looked ready to start when called upon. The rest were not given meaningful snaps in the regular season in an attempt to prep for the next season. Its a pretty common theme with him at most positions.

UGA hasn't had a good OLine in a long time. They have looked better at times with better QBs that understood their limitations and could scramble and were comfortable enough with the O to make things happen while on the move. Combine a below average OLine with a QB that is not comfortable enough to keep his head up looking down field while running for his life and it just doesn't bode well. The two together usually make both the QB and OLine look worse than they really are. When they start out below average this gets magnified even more.

History and especially recent history just isn't on your side. Your most talented guy is already injured again and the rest are just not talented enough to overcome a bad OLine and an average QB and the ongoing history of injuries (outdated S&C program doesn't help).

Maybe in a few years if he is still there. But at this point he will need to spend time getting guys to line up correctly and get a D called before the ball is snapped. With the trend moving towards the no huddle and hurry up this will be a challenge that is magnifies by the fact UGA is spending time on basics and asking its guys to think too much. A problem they could never solve under CTG.

No, sorry but this one is proveablely wrong. Talent and a 5th year SR at QB and an NFL caliber RB in Gurley have blinded some to the reality that Hobo is a sub par OC that the average fan can read presnap and lacks imagination and innovation.

UGA better hope he is and the 2 freshman can play. A great running game can cover many if not most other issues on a college team. Gurley at 100% and motivated with a freshman as a competent reserve can put UGA in a position they just flat out have no business being. If Gurley is not 100% and motivated I doubt they win 7 games this year and might not win 6.

OK, fair enough. I didn't take your post seriously.

Maybe y'all do have a QB. Sure you do have multiple schollied guys that are listed on your roster that are listed as a QB. The only one to take a college snap last year looked below average, didn't help the OLine (sacked 10 times in 2 games against teams not known for their pass rush) and really didn't look ready to be on the field. But that's pretty consistent with UGA under CMR. I think DJ Shockley was the last guy that looked ready to start when called upon. The rest were not given meaningful snaps in the regular season in an attempt to prep for the next season. Its a pretty common theme with him at most positions.

UGA hasn't had a good OLine in a long time. They have looked better at times with better QBs that understood their limitations and could scramble and were comfortable enough with the O to make things happen while on the move. Combine a below average OLine with a QB that is not comfortable enough to keep his head up looking down field while running for his life and it just doesn't bode well. The two together usually make both the QB and OLine look worse than they really are. When they start out below average this gets magnified even more.

History and especially recent history just isn't on your side. Your most talented guy is already injured again and the rest are just not talented enough to overcome a bad OLine and an average QB and the ongoing history of injuries (outdated S&C program doesn't help).

Maybe in a few years if he is still there. But at this point he will need to spend time getting guys to line up correctly and get a D called before the ball is snapped. With the trend moving towards the no huddle and hurry up this will be a challenge that is magnifies by the fact UGA is spending time on basics and asking its guys to think too much. A problem they could never solve under CTG.

No, sorry but this one is proveablely wrong. Talent and a 5th year SR at QB and an NFL caliber RB in Gurley have blinded some to the reality that Hobo is a sub par OC that the average fan can read presnap and lacks imagination and innovation.

UGA better hope he is and the 2 freshman can play. A great running game can cover many if not most other issues on a college team. Gurley at 100% and motivated with a freshman as a competent reserve can put UGA in a position they just flat out have no business being. If Gurley is not 100% and motivated I doubt they win 7 games this year and might not win 6.

QB: Below average might make him one of the best QB's in the SEC.

OL: Our OL is usually an average SEC one. I wouldnt exact any different.

WR: Even if the injuries are as bad as 2013, which is worst case scenario, we should be in better position to deal with it this year.

S&C: You know better than to claim its outdated after the links I provided to new staff earlier.

DC: Our D improved a lot the last time we had a new DC, and that was with going from 4-3 to a difficult 3-4 scheme, and no such transition is going to take place this time around.

OC: Talent makes a coach look better than no talent?! NO one would have ever guessed.

RB: He appears to be healthy now, and the 2 new guys are upgrades over our 2013 replacement RB's.

6-7 wins: So in reality we should expect 9-10 wins, since you always go worst case scenario with UGA.

Maybe we do have a QB.

Maybe Bobo is a good OC.

Maybe Gurley is 100%.

and maybe dog fans will stick around this season on sectalk after they lose a couple games, forgoing any hope of a championship game...

and maybe dog fans will stick around this season on sectalk after they lose a couple games, forgoing any hope of a championship game...

who you talking about exactly?

Lots of assumptions in this thread

Our receivers are healthy NOW, thats what matters. No one can predict injuries (unless you are smokeyone)

Gurley is healthy NOW and so are the stable of RBs waiting behind him

Bobo was assistant coach of the year

Pruitt over Grantham is an upgrade and they run similar systems

^ all facts, whatcha got?

• PuddingTime
      It does seem like Jones is good at getting his teams to improve over the course of each season. 
    • Booger
      heeeyy... that was an auburn fan... funny to watch nonetheless. Pretty sure the tree will be fine.   "Wiest was developed as a suspect and immediately taken into custody while still in the area on an unrelated charge of public intoxication," according to a press release from Auburn police. "Further investigation resulted in Wiest being identified as the individual responsible for setting the fire and a warrant was obtained for his arrest. He was arrested while incarcerated in the Lee County jail on the prior charge and his bond was set at $1000." Looks like the dude was on a drunken rampage. http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/09/oak_tree_at_toomers_corner_set.html
    • JoeGator
      UT had a lot of dropped balls yesterday and still beat our asses anyway. 
    • Tider27
      Yeah I wouldn't be too confident on that, it's still a rivalry and you know how those go. If Georgia's WRs can actually catch a ball, they'll have more scores. Eason put it on them consistently.
    • TheRealBrave
      If you want to laugh look at our 2013 class, it's largely why we have been terrible for 2 years. It was a bad class with laughable attrition. Richt recruited way too many reaches/projects at OL and whiffed on all the good instate receivers outside of MM/TGod.   UGA is very lacking at OL/WR/DB, and lacks depth at DL/LB/OL. Obviously our kicking game is the pits, we literally cannot make 30 yard field goals
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      JoeGator
      JoeGator
    2. 2
      PuddingTime
      PuddingTime
    3. 3
      possumslayer
      possumslayer
    4. 4
      bbqit