• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KneesInTheBreeze

Which SEC Coach?

175 posts in this topic

If you didn't have your present coach, which OTHER SEC coach would you elect to have?

Florida = Steve Spurrier (a no-brainer for me)

Probably Spurrier, he has a known past of building up programs who were previously iaBdfkZ.png.

If you didn't have your present coach, which OTHER SEC coach would you elect to have?

Florida = Steve Spurrier (a no-brainer for me)

now I get why you said "no brainer"

Nick Saban of course. Rupp and Bear/Cal and Saban. Twould be glorious.

Since we have Spurrier I'm gonna say Saban. Find out how good a coach he really is when he doesn't have unlimited 4* and 5* star players to work with.

Since we have Spurrier I'm gonna say Saban. Find out how good a coach he really is when he doesn't have unlimited 4* and 5* star players to work with.

2nd year LSU, 1st West...Sugar bowl.

2nd year Alabama, 1st West...Sugar bowl.

I would say he would take South Carolina to new heights even without all of his top talent filled.

LSU had a couple good classes before saban won that sugar bowl. Also sabsn took over in 2007. The 2006 class before saban consisted of 10 four star guy and 2 five star guys. Also had a awesome 2007 class. More talent that Spurrier has ever recruited in a single class. Again I don't think Saban has ever had lack of talent.

I would say he would take South Carolina to new heights even without all of his top talent filled.

I agree Saban would win at SC, but pointing out his doings at two triditional powers in college football doesn't unprove his statement.

I don't think Saban from 7 years ago would have had the same success as SOS. I think the Saban of today would though.

This is why you are an OM fan.

Not sure which is funnier. The fact you literally didn't understand that was a joke, or the fact I'm having to tell you.

Even pudding high fived my post lol. Nobody thought I was actually being serious did they? The hell would I want mark stoops over the other guys? :lol:

There are people too dumb to say Nick Saban?

Nick Saban of course. Rupp and Bear/Cal and Saban. Twould be glorious.

Would you give Saban a cigarette lighter for winning the SEC? :trollface:

It would be interesting to see him with an overall lower talent pool to work with. I think he would be tremendously successful here though, you don't win national championships at two different BCS schools through a fluke.

LSU had a couple good classes before saban won that sugar bowl. Also sabsn took over in 2007. The 2006 class before saban consisted of 10 four star guy and 2 five star guys. Also had a awesome 2007 class. More talent that Spurrier has ever recruited in a single class. Again I don't think Saban has ever had lack of talent.

Excuses are excuses, 2nd years are 2nd years.

This thread brings imagination. How bout this, let yo coach do his thing until July 4th and then have a random drawing. A drawing for the coaches. They nor us would know what team they would coach till then. Saban could be at Bama the first year of it and at ky the next.