• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noah

Dream matchup for football SEC Championship game

53 posts in this topic

Everyone has a opponent they'd love to face in the SEC championship game. For me it's gotta be Alabama and Tennessee.

The two winningest football programs in the south finally face-off in Atlanta. Nothing I'd like more than whipping the Vols ass twice in the same year.

So who you got?

Everyone has a opponent they'd love to face in the SEC championship game. For me it's gotta be Alabama and Tennessee.

The two winningest football programs in the south finally face-off in Atlanta. Nothing I'd like more than whipping the Vols ass twice in the same year.

So who you got?

same pic

South Carolina v. TAMU

Both teams would book-end their season with the match-up. Not sure if that has ever happened before.

UGA vs AU

I would also like to see us face off against Ole Miss

Alabama-Florida

Those were pretty damn fun games.

So who you got?

I agree, Noah. It's almost shocking that we haven't seen a 'Bama/Tennessee SEC Championship game yet. One of the conference's best rivalries, and it's lost too much luster over the last few years. I'd love to see the Tide and the Vols in Atlanta.

Of course, if it happened, Tennessee would probably ruin the whole tradition/pageantry of the event and come out wearing those ridiculous smokey grey uniforms instead of their classic orange and white.

Of course, if it happened, Tennessee would probably ruin the whole tradition/pageantry of the event and come out wearing those ridiculous smokey grey uniforms instead of their classic orange and white.

I have tooo agree.

Florida v Auburn

Seconded.

Of course I'd want Auburn from the west and as for the east we play Georgia every year, we've played UT in the game twice and there's no real emotional tension. We have nothing against Carolina or Missouri.

Florida, tho. Underrated rivalry and always a crazy game. The only way the 2010 season could have been better is if we'd had beaten UF 56-17 instead of Carolina.

us vs Florida, just to make tebow cry again after we win.

Seconded.

Of course I'd want Auburn from the west and as for the east we play Georgia every year, we've played UT in the game twice and there's no real emotional tension. We have nothing against Carolina or Missouri.

Florida, tho. Underrated rivalry and always a crazy game. The only way the 2010 season could have been better is if we'd had beaten UF 56-17 instead of Carolina.

This is what pissed me off most about expansion.

20 years later and Auburn is still one of the biggest draws for Florida fans, home or away.

How about both teams wear colors....

lf_thirdsat.jpg

How about both teams wear colors....

lf_thirdsat.jpg

That's a uniform gimmick i would support in a heartbeat.

Vandy-MSU

That way you enjoy the game, secure in the knowledge that the world is about to end.

Vandy-MSU

That way you enjoy the game, secure in the knowledge that the world is about to end.

What happened in 98 when we went?

I don't really care about any teams in the West so I guess Mizzou vs. Auburn so we can get revenge.