• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GATORSFAN21

Tiger Woods out of the Masters

74 posts in this topic

Banging truck stop waitresses was apparently the secret to his success...

what will all the extra cameras have to do all week long?

No doubt.So much golf was missed because we had to watch Woods standing by his bag drinking water or something.Nothing against him but let's see what the leaders are doing for crying out loud.

But I guess ratings dictate that kind of thing so I can't blame him.

Not going to lie. I watch mainly because of tiger. Without him in it I won't go out of my way to watch until Sunday. Depending on the leaderboard maybe not till the final 5 holes.

I hope he gets addicted to pain killers and never plays again.

I'd prefer him playing in the tournament (and Phil, which is also in question) because I like seeing as many of the best players competing at a high level. So from a competition standpoint, I don't like it.

Overall, I kind of hope he ties Jack, to be honest, because then there can be endless debates about who's the best.

I guess the Masters won't be televised then.

I heard rumors that golf existed before Tiger, but I am pretty sure it was an April Fool's joke.

Like him or hate him expect the ratings to drop. Tigers done more for golf than 200yrs of players. If he never plays again you've seen something never seen and may never will again in our lifetime.

Maybe that guy will win that won last week who was he again?

*crickets*

Its funny how many of you think golf will be just as popular and enjoyable without the greatest player in the world competing.

Mickelson may not suit up for the Masters either. No Tiger, no Phil, ratings will plummet.

1/2 hate tiger because he was a sex fiend. Big f'in deal. The other half hate him because the cameras are on him all the time. Like that's his fault.

Its funny how many of you think golf will be just as popular and enjoyable without the greatest player in the world competing.

Mickelson may not suit up for the Masters either. No Tiger, no Phil, ratings will plummet.

1/2 hate tiger because he was a sex fiend. Big f'in deal. The other half hate him because the cameras are on him all the time. Like that's his fault.

Ratings will plummet, but the number of actual golf fans will remain the same.

And for the record, I have hated Tiger since he started dropping f bombs, throwing his clubs, and pitching a fit on the course. Which started long before any of his indiscretions were public.

He's just a tool.

I hate him because he's a prick, but I've covered it in previous Tiger threads. Not sure how the math works out, I don't fit in either half.

hell yeah...lets change it to the TGA

He has always said he gauged himself by major wins. Been 5 years now ?

nuff said....

Tiger is my Oakland raiders of golf. Love to see them get beat but they have to be there and be good to make it worth while.

Almost ever golfer is a prick. You only know it about Tiger because they show him on the course so often.

Most accounts I've gotten from people who've been around the tour is that Mickelson is one of the biggest pricks on tour...but tv makes him seem like a goody goody.

Almost ever golfer is a prick. You only know it about Tiger because they show him on the course so often.

Most accounts I've gotten from people who've been around the tour is that Mickelson is one of the biggest pricks on tour...but tv makes him seem like a goody goody.

No, Tiger refuses to play in the FedEx St. Jude because they won't pay him an appearance fee. He's the richest athlete in the world, and yet refuses to play in a tournament for St. Jude.

Yea, I'll never listen to anyone who tries to convince me that Tiger doesn't deserve to go fall asshole-first onto the thorniest stick possible.

Mickelson is a douche when the camera isn't on him. I've seen it with my own eyes.

Maybe they are all pricks, but at least they don't act like it.

its funny you bitch about the St. Jude classic, when the St. Jude page has a blurb on their touting all his charity work for St. Jude.

its funny you bitch about the St. Jude classic, when the St. Jude page has a blurb on their touting all his charity work for St. Jude.

The only thing I've seen about St. Jude and Tiger Woods is when he sponsored a library and outdoor pavilion for Target House in '99 and submitting hand-drawn pictures of elephants to be put on the walls at Target House in '02. That's it. I bet he donates money, but nothing more since 2002.

So yea, he might write a check to put his name on a library, which is fine and appreciated. But the St. Jude Classic is an awesome tournament, and the pros take time to visit the hospital and visit with the sick kids whose lives are changed by all the awesome people who not only donate money to the hospital, but also take time out of their busy lives and busy schedules to visit the kids themselves and really make a personal impact on each kids' life.

I donate to St. Jude, and my parents both have donated to St. Jude every month since 1992. Me showing up and meeting the kids won't make a lifelong impression on them (it would on me), but you don't think Tiger couldn't spend a few days in Memphis actually being a halfway decent person and changing the lives of some kids who deserve to have those kinds of experiences meeting celebrities and athletes? Apparently he doesn't, because he doesn't get an appearance fee so he doesn't attend.

He is a fckwad and I thoroughly enjoy seeing him fail for being a piece of s--t. His embarrassment with his sex scandal and losing a smoking hot wife couldn't have happened to a more deserving individual. Sure, for a while he was the best, but he won't go down as the best ever and I hope that eats him up inside.