• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BulldawgFan

Early Athlon 2014 Predictions

50 posts in this topic

http://athlonsports....redictions-2014

offseason sucks and I wanna talk about football. I actually agree with most statements in the article.

I pretty much agree with these predictions, except for Georgia. No way they win the East!

NB4 Gamecocks come in flaming UGA

Edit: Teaux late, Tiger beat them to it

NB4 Gamecocks come in flaming UGA

Edit: Teaux late, Tiger beat them to it

It only took them about 15 years, but they finally realized they should put the disclaimer "pre-sping edge" when talking about UGA as they patiently wait to see how many Dawgs will get arrested.

I agree that though we may improve this year it may not show on our record because of the west division being so tough.But playing against the best eventually makes you better as we saw when we first joined the SEC.

We'll take our lumps but as our team gets older we'll be fine.Meanwhile I have no doubt this team will compete.

East:

I'd switch UGA and SC as well as UF and Mizzou

West:

LSU wins it. Everything else is in the right order

It only took them about 15 years, but they finally realized they should put the disclaimer "pre-sping edge" when talking about UGA as they patiently wait to see how many Dawgs will get arrested.

Not sure why they would need it.... as UGA has won the East 2 out of the last 3... with the third not being USC. Seems like we do fine running the division even with the arrests

East:

I'd switch UGA and SC as well as UF and Mizzou

West:

LSU wins it. Everything else is in the right order

that's how I see it playing out as well!

Not sure why they would need it.... as UGA has won the East 2 out of the last 3... with the third not being USC. Seems like we do fine running the division even with the arrests

here we go again...this is about to turn into another pissing match!

Pretty close to spot on the east is a toss up between SC and UGA but I wouldn't count UF totally out.

Alabama or Auburn will win the west again LSU just lost to much and have been declining the last few years. I'm calling it early the MSU Bulldogs will finish 3rd or better in the west.

Pretty close to spot on the east is a toss up between SC and UGA but I wouldn't count UF totally out.

Alabama or Auburn will win the west again LSU just lost to much and have been declining the last few years. I'm calling it early the MSU Bulldogs will finish 3rd or better in the west.

But like the article said LSU only returned 3 defensive starters for 2013 and finished 3rd in the conference in yards allowed. Plus they have a stable of backs, return 4 starting O-linemen, and brought in the #1 RB. Plus I'm convinced LSU's newfound offense last year had more to do with them finally getting a competent OC and less to do with Mettenberger.

Am I the only one that thinks Miles continuously under achieves with all that talent?

But like the article said LSU only returned 3 defensive starters for 2013 and finished 3rd in the conference in yards allowed. Plus they have a stable of backs, return 4 starting O-linemen, and brought in the #1 RB. Plus I'm convinced LSU's newfound offense last year had more to do with them finally getting a competent OC and less to do with Mettenberger.

They've lost 3 games each of the last 2 years been beat in both bowls. I don't know what the deal is but they've seemed to lost their edge to me. This year they have to replace every player that touches the ball Qb, Rb, both Wr's their defense should be tough as always but they'll struggle replacing all those guys.

They've lost 3 games each of the last 2 years been beat in both bowls. I don't know what the deal is but they've seemed to lost their edge to me. This year they have to replace every player that touches the ball Qb, Rb, both Wr's their defense should be tough as always but they'll struggle replacing all those guys.

They win the bowl last year. And with the offense they run I don't expect too much of a drop off. Actually it should be about as good or better with that line and with it being the 2nd year of having a good coordinator.

Wait so LSU only has 3 guys on D coming back? Or was that last year? If so, TJ will have a day against them.

I hope A&M turns out to be a hot mess.

I love watching team boards melt down.

I hope A&M turns out to be a hot mess.

I love watching team boards melt down.

Me Too on boards melting down!

You got to watch us two years ago. Now Gator boards should be a lot of fun again this year.

Me Too on boards melting down!

You got to watch us two years ago. Now Gator boards should be a lot of fun again this year.

They were funny up until the Georgia Southern game.

We will finish ahead of TAMU. They won't be anywhere near the same with JFF gone and their best WRs in the league as well. Sumlin has never been able to coach D, and with them coming to Starkville, I think we get the W there.

The only teams I give us no shot at are Bama and LSU. It'll be a tall order for us to win in Oxford, and I don't look for it, but I like to think we could. Likewise, it'll be tough against Auburn even at home, but I think the team wants that game like they haven't wanted a game in a while.

I just hope we can finally stop letting Ws slip through our fingers. Mullen has a huge problem with that. LSU in '09, Arkansas in '10, SC in '11. And Auburn last season.

We will finish ahead of TAMU. They won't be anywhere near the same with JFF gone and their best WRs in the league as well. Sumlin has never been able to coach D, and with them coming to Starkville, I think we get the W there.

The only teams I give us no shot at are Bama and LSU. It'll be a tall order for us to win in Oxford, and I don't look for it, but I like to think we could. Likewise, it'll be tough against Auburn even at home, but I think the team wants that game like they haven't wanted a game in a while.

Why are you afraid of bama or lsu more than auburn? I really don't think people truly understand what the loss of AJ is going to do to that offense if they can't find a decent qb. Aj was not only a great game manager he made throws when they needed it. Look at the bowl game, Aj had a terrible game and the offense looked lost. If bama doesn't find someone to fill aj's shoes than I can see 3-4 losses for them easy. LSU is rebuilding on offense this year. Last year they only beat us because of that amazing running game and Mettenberger making great throws. Now Auburn on the other hand. They haven't lost a whole lot. A good rb and a good de. They will be our hardest game by far.

Why are you afraid of bama or lsu more than auburn? I really don't think people truly understand what the loss of AJ is going to do to that offense if they can't find a decent qb. Aj was not only a great game manager he made throws when they needed it. Look at the bowl game, Aj had a terrible game and the offense looked lost. If bama doesn't find someone to fill aj's shoes than I can see 3-4 losses for them easy. LSU is rebuilding on offense this year. Last year they only beat us because of that amazing running game and Mettenberger making great throws. Now Auburn on the other hand. They haven't lost a whole lot. A good rb and a good de. They will be our hardest game by far.

Because Bama and LSU are good, and Auburn is lucky. Yeah, I know the crap about Lucky and Good, but come on, man. Experience tells me that State won't beat Bama and LSU on the road.

Let me put it this way: We've never had the talent on our starting line up Bama and LSU have on their 2 deep. It just is what it is. Some of the players that we jump for joy to get are 3 and four down the list on Bama's recruiting boards.

It's easy to forget Bama's less than amazing QBs before AJ, but it definitely does come down to if they find a decent QB. Saban has ensured that, even with an incompetent JPW in 2008. So I would be shocked if that were our down fall.

Also, State always gives Auburn some problems, you know that.

Jacob Coker......that is all