• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALA2262

So the SEC is bad in basketball

74 posts in this topic

Posted · Hidden by Porcine, March 2, 2015 - No reason given · Report post

JInxer.

The other conference teams don't know how to deal with unorganized grab ass.

Great win for Kentucky to knock off the Shockers! SEC sucks in bball this year though...go figure! Proud to be a member of the SEC! Maybe next year for my Aggies to represent!

Great win for Kentucky to knock off the Shockers! SEC sucks in bball this year though...go figure! Proud to be a member of the SEC! Maybe next year for my Aggies to represent!

Appearently college basketball sucked in general this year,goodness.

I think it's not so much about college basketball being bad. I think its that its not that hard to put together 6 or 7 guys that are elite ball players. It's not like football where you need 40 plus. In football a mid-major will play even a middle of the road BCS team and lose by 40, but in basketball every game is close.

I think it's not so much about college basketball being bad. I think its that its not that hard to put together 6 or 7 guys that are elite ball players. It's not like football where you need 40 plus. In football a mid-major will play even a middle of the road BCS team and lose by 40, but in basketball every game is close.

I like seeing the older teams rough up the elite.

I used to enjoy seeing the great players play 3-4 years in college.It made for a great tourney.This year is a turkey shoot.

I like seeing the older teams rough up the elite.

I used to enjoy seeing the great players play 3-4 years in college.It made for a great tourney.This year is a turkey shoot.

My thing is this...the elite teams got that way under the old rules when they had elite seniors and juniors. We're still the ones kicking ass with youngins. John Wall and Cousins would've left UK last season under the old rules. Do you really want to have gone through four years of that? I would've loved it. Just saying, most of the detractors of the current system seem to forget that we keep these guys even longer...its not gonna be better for the little guy.

The game is awful now though there are no scorers games are won 48-42.. A good rebounder, and a defensive team and you've got a good chance these days.

Florida is the only SEC team that had a good regular season.

That's why everyone said the SEC was bad. It was.

Posted · Hidden by Porcine, March 2, 2015 - No reason given · Report post

My thing is this...the elite teams got that way under the old rules when they had elite seniors and juniors. We're still the ones kicking ass with youngins. John Wall and Cousins would've left UK last season under the old rules. Do you really want to have gone through four years of that? I would've loved it. Just saying, most of the detractors of the current system seem to forget that we keep these guys even longer...its not gonna be better for the little guy.

Then all the other one and done talent would have went somewhere rather than sit on your bench.

Yep,because there would be some other teams with older talent to knock them off,potentially.They were good but not unbeatable and this would make a great scenario for a tourney.

College basketball is getting watered down.

I guess the Bird and Johnson years are long gone.

Let me be clear: I want the rule to change to 3 year minimum commitment to the school. Either stat for the long haul or ply your trade overseas for the duration. That includes the university honoring a scholly for that duration, provided the student athlete does what they're supposed to I the classroom and off the court,

Well, if this is a bad year then I can't wait to see the SEC have a GREAT year! SEC power!

I'd settle for a 2-year rule. The one-and-dones are what kill me.

Whoever thought of 1-and-done is a lanekiffin.gifing moron. Let the kid go to the league and make some $$$ for his poor family. If he aint ready and he gets exposed, thats on him. If they go to school, 3 years. Let us see some real college basketball dynasties, maybe with juniors and seniors teams will break 50 points in the tourney.

When March madness started.....I had to hear a lot about how there were 7 big "12" teams to our 3. Hmmmm.....

If there was the no one and done rule, y'all wouldn't have the endless amount of 5 stars like y'all do now. They would be more spread out between teams and y'all may not have ever gotten Wall or Cousins.

This is assuming Cousins wasn't kicked off the team because of his bad attitude lol.

ill be happy when we have a somewhat competitive basketball team...although this team is light years from where we were under horn.

Really proud of Kentucky and Tennessee. Awesome performances!

If there was the no one and done rule, y'all wouldn't have the endless amount of 5 stars like y'all do now. They would be more spread out between teams and y'all may not have ever gotten Wall or Cousins.

?? Kentucky has always gotten top talent. Tubby and Gillespie didn't last because they didn't. Total non point when discussing us. I get what you're saying about a guy not wanting to sit behind others and wait, but then I look at our bench.

This is assuming Cousins wasn't kicked off the team because of his bad attitude lol.

You think we can't take care of keeping that out of the media? Lol we aint Georgia.

The NBA upped their age eligibility minimum because of the profusion of guys like Kwame Brown. Had nothing to do with NCAA policy folks. All of your anger should be directed at the league and AAU

• Popular Contributors

1. 1
      JoeGator
      JoeGator
    2. 2
      RammaJamma
      RammaJamma
    3. 3
      PuddingTime
      PuddingTime
    4. 4
      possumslayer