• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UK4Life

Auburn dismisses Tony Barbee

45 posts in this topic

I figured he was next in line.

Tennessee sneaks into the tourney giving bozo another year and Auburn hires Bruce Pearl. Auburn becomes relevant.

lol. About two hours after the game ended. Harsh.

I'll be honest. I'm going to be pissed (and jealous) if Auburn, of all teams, gets Bruce Pearl.

I wonder if Barbee knew he'd be fired and threw together a iaBdfkZ.png gameplan just to get it over with as quick and painless as possible. Auburn got mollywopped by one of the worst teams the SEC has seen in 10 years.

@@UAdan ....."mollywhopped" ??? really ??

and did Jacobs really fire him on Twitter ??

Damn, did they fire him while they were still in Atlanta? I wouldn't even bother riding back with the team if the AD pulled that... I'd be blazing a trail through downtown Atlanta clubs.

Damn, did they fire him while they were still in Atlanta? I wouldn't even bother riding back with the team if the AD pulled that... I'd be blazing a trail through downtown Atlanta clubs.

He'll be on our staff next year for sure. Dude played for Cal at umass.

Keeping Barbee for more than 2 hours after that game would have been a Turrible Turrible thing.... ain't that right Sir Charles......

a2f784d0be9fb0ea0299f4492b36bd52a1ffb37245646bd1244704356b74601a.jpg

And Charles Barkley wants to give him another year...

Barkley is also clinically retarded.

Yeah, I remember; it's the Pel/Arkansas experiment version 2.0.

This speaks volumes.....

ha.

We could hire Calipari and we'd probably still suck. One of our players tweeted it last night, we're not gonna do iaBdfkZ.png in basketball until we ditch Under Armour.

We could hire Calipari and we'd probably still suck. One of our players tweeted it last night, we're not gonna do iaBdfkZ.png in basketball until we ditch Under Armour.

Maybe you should use someone else to illustrate your example.

:trollface:

I hate him, but would be hilarious to see Sweaty Bruce end up at Auburn instead of Tennessee.

Maybe you should use someone else to illustrate your example.

:trollface:

What do you mean?

They said on espn radio this morning that pearl was the fav but might not go because auburn was under armor wtf

What do you mean?

Calipari has had back-to-back No.1 recruiting classes that have ended in misery.

Calipari has had back-to-back No.1 recruiting classes that have ended in misery.

After a national championship.

Ok, fine. Bill Donovan couldn't recruit well enough to win here. The only top 300 recruits that Barbee landed no one else wanted because of character/academic issues. Sure enough, they all ended up either on academic suspension or arrested and dismissed.

Nike owns AAU, no one wants to come here no matter what we do to our facilities.

pearl is my choice but looking at it again his show clause doesn't end till August and he can' t recruit till it ends so he would have to scramble to put together a recruiting class that's kind of taking a risk. but I'm just sick of all the potential up and comers

Saw on another site that he tweeted a pic of auburn basketball burning down. haha

pearl is my choice but looking at it again his show clause doesn't end till August and he can' t recruit till it ends so he would have to scramble to put together a recruiting class that's kind of taking a risk. but I'm just sick of all the potential up and comers

It would be a long term investment. Plus, one good recruiting class the next year with a JUCO and a transfer could make us competitive immediately. You can turn it around faster in basketball.

It would be a long term investment. Plus, one good recruiting class the next year with a JUCO and a transfer could make us competitive immediately. You can turn it around faster in basketball.

Doesn't hurt that sec basketball is on the same level as turd I laid this morning