• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SECTalk.com

SEC Network; Aug. 14 Launch

208 posts in this topic

ESPN and DISH have reached an agreement for nationwide carriage of the SEC Network on DISH when the multiplatform network launches, August 14, 2014. The deal is part of a larger comprehensive long-term distribution agreement announced by DISH and the Walt Disney Company. DISH is the SEC Network's first nationwide television provider.

Click here for the original story.

Knew that was coming. I did the request thing just in case, but I knew Dish was going to bring it... best in the business.

Xfinity better get this bitch or we're gonna have a problem.

Good. I've got Dish and I'm pumped for the new network.

Xfinity better get this bitch or we're gonna have a problem.

If you have comcast you already have a problem

Direct will have it. Not worried. Left dish last week cause they wouldn't replace my remote control without me signing a new two year contract. A day after I cut them off they called sounding like the girl who just lanekiffin.gifed up saying they would send a remote and cut my bill $10 a month.

Direct will have it. Not worried. Left dish last week cause they wouldn't replace my remote control without me signing a new two year contract. A day after I cut them off they called sounding like the girl who just lanekiffin.gifed up saying they would send a remote and cut my bill $10 a month.

My grandpa cut his bill from 125 to 60 by threatening to leave. He was one of directv first customers in south mississippi. The regional manager asked him what it'd take to stay. He said 60 a month sounded fair. And the mgr agreed to it for the rest of his life.

My grandpa cut his bill from 125 to 60 by threatening to leave. He was one of directv first customers in south mississippi. The regional manager asked him what it'd take to stay. He said 60 a month sounded fair. And the mgr agreed to it for the rest of his life.

Never missed a bill in my life. 800+ credit score. I'm easy money to them and they let it go

Never missed a bill in my life. 800+ credit score. I'm easy money to them and they let it go

That's what's wrong with companies these days. Don't give a crap about their customers. Just a statistic. I go out of my way and pay more to deal with companies not like that.....when you can still find them

That's what's wrong with companies these days. Don't give a crap about their customers. Just a statistic. I go out of my way and pay more to deal with companies not like that.....when you can still find them

All they seem to want is new customers. That's a cool thing but repeat customers are consistent business

Left DirecTV, for cheaper Time Warner, came back so they gave me every sports package for free

Direct will have it. Not worried. Left dish last week cause they wouldn't replace my remote control without me signing a new two year contract. A day after I cut them off they called sounding like the girl who just :lanekiffin:ed up saying they would send a remote and cut my bill $10 a month.

Strange, they've always bent over backwards for me and always work with me so my bill stays the same year after year, even though I've upgraded both equipment and programming. They even sent me a free digital antenna for my Hopper with sling to pick up any additional local HD channels they may not have, and it's usually $35.

Of course you can't just talk to the flunky answering the phone; you always have to ask to speak to a supervisor, just like with most companies... those initial reps don't have much authority to make too many financial decisions.

Strange, they've always bent over backwards for me and always work with me so my bill stays the same year after year, even though I've upgraded both equipment and programming. They even sent me a free digital antenna for my Hopper with sling to pick up any additional local HD channels they may not have, and it's usually $35.

Of course you can't just talk to the flunky answering the phone; you always have to ask to speak to a supervisor, just like with most companies... those initial reps don't have much authority to make too many financial decisions.

went thru 6 people and got nowhere. two days later direct was in and they called right after the guy installing it left.

went thru 6 people and got nowhere. two days later direct was in and they called right after the guy installing it left.

Wow, well, may not make much of a difference soon if they merge, as most analysts think is inevitable.

So many cable and media companies are merging or trying to merge that it will be a favorable environment for the sat companies to do it too eventually.

I've got Time Warner and it's horrible

Had for about a month, awful.

Time Warner bought out Insight last summer and took over here. They are horrible. I'll have 10-15 min. periods once a week where internet doesn't work, cable TV feed has a lot of random audio issues and the picture gets jacked up or freezes at random times. Their customer servicee is even worse. BBQit hit the nail on the head...these companies just don't give a lanekiffin.gif about their customers. Insight wasn't good, but it was light years better than TWC. Only reason I haven't left them is because I'm waiting to see how this SECN plays out and evaluate my options come August.

Direct will have it. Not worried. Left dish last week cause they wouldn't replace my remote control without me signing a new two year contract. A day after I cut them off they called sounding like the girl who just :lanekiffin:ed up saying they would send a remote and cut my bill $10 a month.

You know you can buy those things for like 10$

Wow, well, may not make much of a difference soon if they merge, as most analysts think is inevitable.

So many cable and media companies are merging or trying to merge that it will be a favorable environment for the sat companies to do it too eventually.

True

You know you can buy those things for like 10$

Never seen one for sale

• TheRealBrave
      I can safely say it is impossible for a QB to have a sluggish start vs. Georgia right now
    • L.A.Hog
      No one with a family and common sense want trump to destroy this country....
    • TheRealBrave
      Something that bothered me was Lester Holt being Hillary's personal fact checker and attempting to correct Trump consistently. He didn't jump on her for lying when she denied saying TPP is the gold standard of trade deals. It is plain as day that she said it, and relatively recently.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpLQzeCoNnA&app=desktop
    • Mizzou_Fan
      So now we'll move on to LSU and Tennessee. 
    • Flea
      LSU is the only Power 5 team in a state with a tiny population compared to Texas.  LSU and Bama made out like bandits by bringing in A&M.  And to show how autonomous LSU is, wasn't their recent change decided at ULL game?   Houston?  A serious multi-year threat?  With their pack 45,000 seat stadium and limited funds?   They flash every few decades. They won't keep TH that long.   tu?  Can't compete with the SEC brand.  TCU and Baylor?  Self-destruct at least once per 20 years.   
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      foxflyer5
      foxflyer5
    2. 2
      bbqit
      bbqit
    3. 3
      JoeGator
      JoeGator
    4. 4
      razorhead