• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gatoraus

Gators Rise to No. 1 in Polls

8 posts in this topic

Although it doesn't mean a whole lot right now in the big picture, it's nice to see the guys get recognized for all their hard work; they've paid their dues.

Kind of amusing too when you look back at the preseason rankings.

Every analyst had UF at #12 or better, except Doug Gottlieb... he didn't have us in his Top 25 at all.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24083165/kentucky-is-cbssportscoms-preseason-no-1-team

Had to be a mistake by Dougie.

I would have put us Top 6 or 7 preseason, easily.

Had to be a mistake by Dougie.

I would have put us Top 6 or 7 preseason, easily.

Oh it was a mistake alright; I just don't know if was intentional or not... hard to believe he didn't notice all the other analysts' picks on that page with his, and didn't see that he'd left UF off completely.

Also difficult to believe that somebody didn't bring it to his attention, either one of the other "experts" picking with him or a fan in the comments page. So, I have to believe he knew he'd left them off and did so on purpose; otherwise he'd have edited his picks.

Anyway, Gator fans are having some fun with him on several boards today.

His credibility as an analyst just fell off a cliff

It had to be a mistake. A monkey with too many chromosomes would of known to put an experienced team that's went to 3 elite eights in the top 25.

Gottlieb is a chach and a goober. Take his omission as a compliment, he knows squat.