• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShaunMac

Wow....Bielema

357 posts in this topic

"@TroySchulteADG: Bielema was asked about evidence regarding injuries. His answer: "Death certificates," referencing the death of a Cal football player."

He's trying to use the Cal player who died a couple weeks ago during conditioning as ammo...what a piece of iaBdfkZ.png.

You Hogs miss iaBdfkZ.png yet?

No, because that's completely not what he said and an absolute fabrication of the entire statement.

Troy Schulte is about to be disciplined for his actions, as well.

Read today's SI article for some clarity. You can disagree with his position, whatever, but the heat he's taking for it is stupid.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20140221/bret-bielema-proposed-ncaa-rule-change/

Also, I found it interesting that Bielema was in favor of only allowing the 10 second substitution after 1st downs. It was the voting members of the panel that suggested it after every play.

Any death of any player (or anyone else for that matter), is a sad thing. How it happened can make it even sadder sometimes.

Geez, if the SI article was supposed to make it sound better, it failed miserably... I haven't seen the original "out-of-context" quote, but if it's worse than that, it must be a doosie.

"What if you're in the middle of the third or fourth quarter and you know that the kid standing 15 yards away from you or on the other side of the field has this trait. He's got this built-in possibility of something happening. Your doctors have told you about it. Your trainers have told you about it. He looks at you through those eyes or maybe the trainer even says, "Hey coach, you need to get him out of there." And you can't. You have no timeouts. He's not going to fake an injury. He's not going to fall down."

Really, Bret? Really? First of all, like the interviewer said, if the kid is in distress and about to fall out, he's not faking an injury.

Second, if you, the doctors, and the trainers all know about the possibility, and you see the player struggling 15 yards away, you walk your ass out on the

:lanekiffin: ing field and yank him out of there. Who gives a :lanekiffin: about a penalty if one of your kids is about to drop dead on the field?

Anyway, it's not exactly outrageous for a coach to say something stupid; they're all guilty of

foot-in-mouth-1_zps4857cd78.jpg at some point in their career. You always hope they're smarter than the players, and that time and experience has helped in that regard; but ultimately, you have to remember most of these coaches were players too, and probably wore the "dumb jock" badge with pride for years before becoming a coach... some probably still sport it.

"We've got to do something about -----! Look at all the people who died because of -----. If we had a change in the rules, we could prevent -----. If it prevents even one death from -----, it is worth doing."

- every politician at some point + CBB.

Not good company. I dont know why he is making this the hill he wants to die on.

bielema is fat, slobby, and has one of the hottest wifes in the sec.

Bret-Bielema-wife-Jen-Hielsberg.jpg

as if we needed another excuse to dislike him.

1076800.jpg

UA_FBC_Lunch_001_r600x400.jpg?689b03237e9432d372b8e4e059d8b6cfaff1b604

yep...pretty sure my hate for "bert" is at an all-time high.

1076800.jpg

UA_FBC_Lunch_001_r600x400.jpg?689b03237e9432d372b8e4e059d8b6cfaff1b604

yep...pretty sure my hate for "bert" is at an all-time high.

Saw her on the back of iaBdfkZ.png 's bike the other day. :/

Some women will do anything for money. Some men will, too. We all know this. No surprise.

If any of these coaches were legitimately worried about player safety, that would be one thing. But they aren't. And that's sad.

If any of these coaches were legitimately worried about player safety, that would be one thing. But they aren't. And that's sad.

Grown ass men sure are lanekiffin.gifing sad a lot over iaBdfkZ.png you don't need to be sad about

Grown ass men sure are :lanekiffin:ing sad a lot over iaBdfkZ.png you don't need to be sad about

I hope you're talking about Nick Saban, Bert Bielema, and the rest of the coaches hiding behind 'player safety' as opposed to actually learning to stop the HUNH...

I hope that's what you're talking about.

BB has apologized to Cal after being called out by their AD following Agu's funeral today .

http://espn.go.com/c...ch-bret-bielema

I fail to see where the apology is. He's definitely not sorry. He knew exactly what he was saying.

All he said was he gives "condolences" to the family of the dead player.

I feel to see where the apology is. He's definitely not sorry. He knew exactly what he was saying.

Condolences and sympathy... I believe that he said that he is sorry for something that he said turned out to be insensitive and stupid. I don't believe that he is actually worried about player safety.

A lot of hate up in hur.

Gotta hate for hate's sake I reckon.

I hope he's wrong about the possibility of a player passing away because he won't come out for fear of penalty.

I feel to see where the apology is. He's definitely not sorry. He knew exactly what he was saying.

i didnt see an apology in there at all

Granted, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt; but it does fall a bit short of actually apologizing for using a tragedy to further his own agenda regarding the HUNH debate.

• TheRealBrave
      I can safely say it is impossible for a QB to have a sluggish start vs. Georgia right now
    • L.A.Hog
      No one with a family and common sense want trump to destroy this country....
    • TheRealBrave
      Something that bothered me was Lester Holt being Hillary's personal fact checker and attempting to correct Trump consistently. He didn't jump on her for lying when she denied saying TPP is the gold standard of trade deals. It is plain as day that she said it, and relatively recently.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpLQzeCoNnA&app=desktop
    • Mizzou_Fan
      So now we'll move on to LSU and Tennessee. 
    • Flea
      LSU is the only Power 5 team in a state with a tiny population compared to Texas.  LSU and Bama made out like bandits by bringing in A&M.  And to show how autonomous LSU is, wasn't their recent change decided at ULL game?   Houston?  A serious multi-year threat?  With their pack 45,000 seat stadium and limited funds?   They flash every few decades. They won't keep TH that long.   tu?  Can't compete with the SEC brand.  TCU and Baylor?  Self-destruct at least once per 20 years.   
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      foxflyer5
      foxflyer5
    2. 2
      bbqit
      bbqit
    3. 3
      JoeGator
      JoeGator
    4. 4
      razorhead