• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mizzou_Fan

Kyle Field Expansion

98 posts in this topic

That's gayer than 12 dudes in white jumpsuits tugging on each others' nuts.

and Aggie knows all about it.

I knew as soon as the SEC toyed with the idea of having SC become permanent rivals with A&m that those fukkers would be legit.

There will be 12 empty seats to remember those who died in the bonfire collapse.

There will be 12 empty seats to remember those who died in the bonfire collapse.

I saw some A&M fans saying that. If that is true, I don't understand A&M saying “the burning desire to serve,” it seems like a poor choice of words.

Not sure about that either @@Mizzou_Fan it sounds like that chick is trolling. Piss poor article.

Nope, it all came from the A&M official press release.

"Sharp announced several amendments to the original plans developed by architect Populous, including increasing capacity from 94,000 to 102,500, adding canopies on the east and west upper decks, and a special 12th Man section that will remain empty on the second deck of the east stand to represent the burning desire to serve."

http://news.tamus.edu/2014/02/18/texas-am-system-provides-2014-update-on-the-redevelopment-of-kyle-field/

Nope, it all came from the A&M official press release.

"Sharp announced several amendments to the original plans developed by architect Populous, including increasing capacity from 94,000 to 102,500, adding canopies on the east and west upper decks, and a special 12th Man section that will remain empty on the second deck of the east stand to represent the burning desire to serve."

http://news.tamus.edu/2014/02/18/texas-am-system-provides-2014-update-on-the-redevelopment-of-kyle-field/

The section that will remain empty are the 12 seats. "The burning desire" goes back to when A&M had the bonfire on campus. There's a documentary about it. http://wtaw.com/2011/11/22/the-burning-desire-to-air-on-fox-sports-sw/

Also a movie about it. You can find it on YouTube to get a better understanding if needed. First I heard about them using "The burning desire". I like it.

That's gayer than 12 dudes in white jumpsuits tugging on each others' nuts.

and Aggie knows all about it.

You probably don't, but should feel like an ass for degrading an idea to memorialize the deaths of TAMU students. And I know first hand the reasons you ban people from things are often related to "sensitive" topics...

I suppose this doesn't qualify..

12 seats makes more sense. The initial article made it sound like there was going to be a giant, empty section.

And "burning desire to serve", if it IS in reference to the kids that died in the bonfire, is an absolutely horrible reference and whomever thought of it should get kicked in the face.

The phrase "burning desire" quite simply has been used in relation to Aggie bonfires since before I was born. To kick the person in the nuts that originally said that phrase would require likely digging up his grave.

The phrase "burning desire" quite simply has been used in relation to Aggie bonfires since before I was born. To kick the person in the nuts that originally said that phrase would require likely digging up his grave.

Yet you're going to memorialize 12 kids that died in a huge fire with a section meant to show their "burning desire to serve." History or not, its a pretty sick and twisted play on words in this situation.

Yeah, that's an incredibly lanekiffin.gifing stupid way to phrase it if memorializing these kids is what the intention is.

I still do not understand you aTm folks. Weird ass bunch, I tell ya what.

Yet you're going to memorialize 12 kids that died in a huge fire with a section meant to show their "burning desire to serve." History or not, its a pretty sick and twisted play on words in this situation.

They didn't die in a fire. The bonfire wasn't even lit. It was in the process of being built.

Sorry that we don't educate ourself on the 1200+ A&M "traditions"

Jesus Christ

Sorry that we don't educate ourself on the 1200+ A&M "traditions"

Jesus Christ

This tradition really ain't that hard to look up. Instead of making comments, get a better idea of the situation especially when I posted info about it.

I remember when that happened.A very tragic event.

Those bonfires were huge,do you still do them?

12 kids die in a bonfire

Brb making a memorial called "the burning desire to serve"

Aggies has a horrible case of the dumbass

12 kids die in a bonfire

Brb making a memorial called "the burning desire to serve"

Aggies has a horrible case of the dumbass

Good god you're an idiot.

I remember when that happened.A very tragic event.

Those bonfires were huge,do you still do them?

Off campus.

• Popular Contributors

1. 1
      JoeGator
      JoeGator
    2. 2
      PuddingTime
      PuddingTime
    3. 3
      bbqit
      bbqit
    4. 4