• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Large Marge

@South Carolina residents

26 posts in this topic

Did you happen to feel that earthquake like 10 minutes ago? It was gnarly as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuçk.

It's funny. Growing up in SC you assume the only way you're going to feel an earthquake is if another big one hits Charleston. Tonight most of the state feels one EXCEPT the low country.

My house shook like crazy. It started as a subtle vibration so I thought someone was driving by with the bass cranked up way too high. Then it got bad enough I thought a tree was falling right by my house. I'm a genius so it only took 38 more guesses before I got it right.

Here's the graph from a sensor halfway between Columbia and Spartanburg... http://bit.ly/1jGmTEi

I felt nothing in Columbia.

I am also drug free.

You didn't feel that? They're saying it was a 4.1 on the Mark Richter scale.

You didn't feel that? They're saying it was a 4.1 on the Mark Richter scale.

At this time, I would like to reintroduce you to my second statement in my previous post

I'm in the Greenville area, didn't feel it and am pissed about it.

On a side note I was here for work in the mid-2000's and felt one in a hotel room.

Snowmageddon and now an earthquake....I need a transfer.

All these posters saying "I didn't feel anything" must have been spending an awful lot of time with my ex-girlfriends, starting to sound just like 'em.

All these posters saying "I didn't feel anything" must have been spending an awful lot of time with my ex-girlfriends, starting to sound just like 'em.

You sir possess a wit sharper than the sword. I give you my applause.

#SCearthquake2014 #neverforget #rebuild

...if Dr Suess books aren't falling off the shelves, that earthquake is for sissies.

Yes, definitely felt it in Irmo.

My wife and I looked at each other when it was happening, confused, never having felt an earthquake (even after spending a few weeks along the California coast and Anchorage, AK.

Maybe it was the Earth....indigestion from swallowing all those Corvettes?

Maybe it was the Earth....indigestion from swallowing all those Corvettes?

It's a simple explanation. There was all the heavy snow and ice. Followed by lots of simultaneous, vigorous Valentines Day love making. It was too much for the ground to bear.

(Not sure if actual earthquake occurred or if this is another "troll CMR" thread)

(Not sure if actual earthquake occurred or if this is another "troll CMR" thread)

An actual earthquake happened. It was a 4.1 or so on the Mark Richter scale.

My wife and I thought it was a big truck driving through the neighborhood. I never, even once, thought earthquake.