• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoldenRebel

The Official 2014 SEC Baseball Thread

250 posts in this topic

It's finally here. In 24 hours players will take the field, lower their caps, and listen to the National Anthem blaring through the speakers. It is a long, enduring 62 game schedule and everyone is tied for 1st place.

Kentucky @ Virginia

Indiana St @ Auburn

Appalachian St @ Arkansas

Hofstra @ MSU

Ole Miss @ Stetson

Maryland @ Florida

St Louis @ Alabma

Northeastern @ TAMU

New Orleans @ LSU

Vanderbilt @ Long Beach St.

Good luck Kentucky

Holy iaBdfkZ.png it's finally here, been waiting for this ever since NSD ended.

Lots of questions on this ole miss squad, the most optimistic of us are not even expecting to host a regional, whilst the more pessimistic of rebel faithful are doubtful we will even make the tournament.

Hoping that Chris Ellis turns into a solid friday starter, he has the potential but we have yet to see if he can make the big pitches on SEC Fridays.

And, of all of our talented freshman, I am most interested in JB Woodman's potential. He will definitely see some time this weekend, and many MLB teams see him as a true elite pro prospect. If he can hit the ball with as much contact as they say, and if his arm is as strong as rumored, he will be a great player to watch.

Baseball!

Hoping we have a true No. 2 emerge as a starter behind Turnbull. Love the potential of our lineup. Out-of-conference schedule really isn't as difficult as it has been in recent years.

Ready to get it started tomorrow night!

@@GoldenRebel, I hope you don't mind me making this the official thread.

I used to do them week by week and do a breakdown of matchups when SEC play started

But this if fine

Holy iaBdfkZ.png it's finally here, been waiting for this ever since NSD ended.

It's been like 8 days haha.

I'm nervous because we don't have a weekend rotation really set in stone yet.

And Karston Whitson is on board for Sunday.

Very nervous, but Maryland is very average.

OM has a challenge too.

Stetson usually isn't too shabby.

Good series for their RPI.

It's been like 8 days haha.

I'm nervous because we don't have a weekend rotation really set in stone yet.

And Karston Whitson is on board for Sunday.

Very nervous, but Maryland is very average.

OM has a challenge too.

Stetson usually isn't too shabby.

Good series for their RPI.

lanekiffin.gif off, this week felt like a lanekiffin.gifing month, the longest week of the offseason.

And yeah, Stetson ain't bad, just gotta settle the freshman in and try to get off to a good start.

I used to do them week by week and do a breakdown of matchups when SEC play started

But this if fine

If you want to do breakdowns when SEC play starts, maybe we can do articles. That way the front page isn't empty all summer. If we want to do that, @@WadeWilson or @@Benny would need to change it so we can post it in the baseball section too.

Luckily your boy knows some stuff about Stetson.

They have some good players.

Patrick Mazeika can absolutely rake. While not a huge power threat, he always seems to find 1B. Solid hitter.

Garrett Russini is a very good catcher. Had a slow year at the plate last year, but has very good potential. The kind of potential that has him projected as a solid draft pick next year in the round 10-15 range.

Austin Perez is a pretty good Friday starter. Not the best by any means, but experienced and somehow finds a way to win games.

The rest of the rotation is a little shaky but has experience. Their top 4 arms accumulated over 300 innings last year. But outside of Perez was 3-14 last year. But they should be better this year. They did get a really touted freshman pitcher last year in Taylor Cockrell, but I doubt he plays much of a role in our series.

The lineup outside of Mazeika is not very good. Hardly any power. And not overly fast. They arent aggressive on the basepads and strike out way too much.

We should be fine. I really think we win at least 2 with a very good shot of sweeping if we get pass Perez on Friday

If you want to do breakdowns when SEC play starts, maybe we can do articles. That way the front page isn't empty all summer. If we want to do that, @@WadeWilson or @@Benny would need to change it so we can post it in the baseball section too.

That could be an option. There a few of us on here that keep up with it pretty well and could offer up something useful. It'd really be cool if we could make this the place to be for SEC baseball talk

I heard that they canceled our series with Hofstra.

I heard that they canceled our series with Hofstra.

You play Western Carolina now. USM's got cancelled to. They are going to Lake Charles to play in a tourney with Mizzou and McNeese.

Should've been a MSU/USM series. That would've been fun

You play Western Carolina now. USM's got cancelled to. They are going to Lake Charles to play in a tourney with Mizzou and McNeese.

Should've been a MSU/USM series. That would've been fun

A few State fans wanted that too from what I read anyway. Oh well. I think I heard somewhere that WCU's RPI was 55 last year. That aint bad. It ain't necessarily good, but it aint bad.....

A few State fans wanted that too from what I read anyway. Oh well. I think I heard somewhere that WCU's RPI was 55 last year. That aint bad. It ain't necessarily good, but it aint bad.....

They are pretty damn good. Should win the SoCom. Have a really good 1B and SS. And a dominant strikeout guy on Friday's

They are pretty damn good. Should win the SoCom. Have a really good 1B and SS. And a dominant strikeout guy on Friday's

Early in the year and unexpected to boot. I am nervous now. lol

Early in the year and unexpected to boot. I am nervous now. lol

I can see it now. You lose 4-2 tomorrow night and SPS goes in full 100% meltdown end of the world woe is me mode. A month later you sit at 20-2.

@@GoldenRebel, if I ever have a sports radio show, you and JacobP will be my go to callers for SEC Baseball season.

I can see it now. You lose 4-2 tomorrow night and SPS goes in full 100% meltdown end of the world woe is me mode. A month later you sit at 20-2.

You know it. There used to be a poster over there that whenever we went down a run, no matter what inning, he stroked out and wanted to fire everyone.

You know it. There used to be a poster over there that whenever we went down a run, no matter what inning, he stroked out and wanted to fire everyone.

Which exactly why I read SPS. It's good for some freakout laughs.

I would totally listen to a SEC baseball show hosted by GR

A buddy of mine who knows absolutely everything about MSU and I have talked about it. But dont look for it to happen lol

A buddy of mine who knows absolutely everything about MSU and I have talked about it. But dont look for it to happen lol

The SEC Baseball Radio Show© Presented by SECTalk.com, with your hosts GoldenRebel and (insert name of your friend here) (Engie? :trollface: /s)

I don't have actual expectations with this iaBdfkZ.png though, just throwing around ideas and lanekiffin.gifing around :cheers:

I wouldn't be a regular. Maybe a once a week interview. GRs weekly interview with Arkansas's angriest, drunkest fan.

I wouldn't be a regular. Maybe a once a week interview. GRs weekly interview with Arkansas's angriest, drunkest fan.

I can see it now....one minute of talking baseball. eight of talking about grilling and alcohol

• cocky4ever
      Trump also hasn't left a state or campaign in horrible debt....so there's that.
    • Sean
      While investing his money may be a myth, he still underperformed the markets/ his peers by vast margins. Here's a little something from Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesleadershipforum/2016/03/03/has-donald-trump-underperformed-in-the-real-estate-business/#40d464085506
    • Sean
      Multiply it into an empire? That's exaggerating a bit. He grossly under-performed the market over the course of his businesses, left a wake of unpaid workers, lawsuits, and bankruptcies behind him, and still claims to be a "winner" and the best at everything. There's people with a lot more money that him that didn't leave that kind of middle class destruction behind. Call me crazy, but I don't see someone who's lived his entire life in the 1% and is so out of touch with the way people not as fortunate as him lives is suddenly going to be a champion of the middle class. He's lived his entire life in the upper class, s**tting on his middle class workers. What makes YOU think that he's suddenly going to care about you? Trump's run for presidency is all about him and his ego. That's all he talked about on Monday. I didn't hear enough "we" or "America" except when he said he wanted to make it great again. It was all "I have endorsements from.." or "I have property there.." or "I wanted to say something bad about Hillary but didn't and she's a big meany weeny and I think her campaign commercials are mean". There's nothing of substance in almost ANYTHING he says. It's all just babbling about himself and how he's going to fix America without actually giving a plan as to HOW. 
    • TheRealBrave
      I will say 400 yards total for Dobbs
    • TheRealBrave
      Good grief people are we still pretending Trump is somehow a pauper and terrible businessman? How many times does that theory about investing his money have to debunked?
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      bbqit
      bbqit
    2. 2
      razorhead
      razorhead
    3. 3
      foxflyer5
      foxflyer5
    4. 4
      JoeGator