• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tider27

Rashaan Evans and Auburn fans

146 posts in this topic

To the few Auburn fans that actually think they're a fan base that is different from Alabama's or any other, you're dumb. We all have our bad fans, but this is just sad...

spacer1.gif Rashaan Evans, five-star linebacker from Auburn High School in Ala., believes he made the right decision for his future when he signed with Alabama on Wednesday.

There are plenty of people who support Evans regardless of his decision, but every fan base has a few immature individuals who take the decision of a high school stranger too personal. Those fans vent frustration on message boards and or social media.

"It's getting worse," Evans said on Monday evening. "Someone actually put out an article about my family's business telling all Auburn fans not to go there. We are going to eventually start losing money. People are telling restaurants in the town not to serve us.

"It's hard for me to go out and chill with my friends like I have always done because people keep coming up to me telling me I made a bad decision. It's grown men. They are asking me why I did this to them. I told them I had to do what is best for me.

"You know I knew this would happen. I knew people would be mad and say stuff. I didn't think it would be like this. It wasn't a complete shock to me, but I guess that's just how fans are.

"It's just crazy right now. What's getting crazy is people are going to the board at my school trying to get me in trouble. They are telling my teachers I am a bad kid and all this stuff. It's just bad right now.

"Social media has definitely been the worst. People on Instagram are telling me how they hope I tear my ACL in game one. They will laugh when I do. They are saying my family is horrible and how they didn't raise me right. It's just crazy."

Evans has another fan base eager for the nation's top linebacker to arrive in Tuscaloosa.

"The support from Alabama fans has been by far the greatest," he said. "They have made me feel a lot better about my decision. They are doing nothing but showing me love. They make me see I have people who are always going to have my back.

"Kirby [smart] always sends me an inspirational texts. He tells me not to worry what people are saying. He said to make sure once I get there just get ready for work.

"Auburn fans are saying I am going to ride the bench, and I am going to be like Reuben Foster. People are adding his family and how they are low-lifes. They talk about his mom. You wouldn't think some of them are human. I knew it was going to be horrible. You know it's out of hand when people come up to you saying stuff. People you don't know. People who are grown men."

http://alabama.rival...asp?CID=1608555

The funniest part of the aub mantra is when they bring up Rueben Foster. You know, how because he didn't start as a true freshmen over a senior all American, he wasted everything. Dumbest iaBdfkZ.png ever.

Alabama just has arrogant assholes that wanna look down their nose but have never had anything to do with the university. Most couldn't care less what Auburn is doing.

There are great Auburn fans really cool but there are also a buncha little brothers eat up with hate for Alabama. We have one here I don't have to tell you who he is... just follow the post there isn't a positive thing posted that doesn't get by him.... a lot of them are like that.

This is why I have such a strong dislike for the recruiting process. It enables the kids to become self-absorbed/entitled, and the fans to become overly involved in something that they should have no say in whatsoever.

Having said that, the Auburn fans giving us grief over the Cade Foster stuff...shoe is now on the other foot.

That link made me laugh.

The kid and his dad made all the drama and now has to live with it. The Horror!

Just another business decision.

That link made me laugh.

made all the drama by picking where he wanted to go to school?

spin it Davey

That link made me laugh.

WTF is wrong with you

That link made me laugh.

Yeah, I mean a highly recruited kid chooses a college. He definitely deserves wishes of bodily harm from jilted fans.

#hilarious#totallyjustified.

Do you think the backlash would have been as bad if he didnt string each team out as long as he did? I believe that was WDave is saying and only a retard wouldnt understand that.

Maybe he didn't know which lanekiffin.gifing school he wanted to go to? Its hard for a hometown kid to decide to go elsewhere. Mainly because of pathetic assholes like these that make their lives, and their family's, a living hell when they do.

I wish there was a way to ban fans from contacting recruits on social media.

I wish there was a way to ban fans from contacting recruits on social media.

Agree with this times a million. I can't STAND when fans think it's their place to steer a kid in a certain direction. Get a freaking life.

That link made me laugh.

You were the adult that said, "Why would you do this to me?", weren't you?

Do you think the backlash would have been as bad if he didnt string each team out as long as he did? I believe that was WDave is saying and only a retard wouldnt understand that.

what kid doesn't enjoy the process or "string" schools as you say....wtf do you think the announcements are for ?? And we're the retards ?

Stay classy Barners. (damn...that was an oxymoron)

Yeah, it's definitely not justified to legitimately like both sides, and then have his home town fans harass him and his family's business. Man we're so slow and dumb, how could we miss that...

So any kid that makes his decision on national signing day has strung teams along and deserves what he gets.

Nice aub logic.

This happens every year. It happens from many different fan bases. It's idiotic no matter which fan base it comes from. Defending said behavior is just as despicable.

So any kid that makes his decision on national signing day has strung teams along and deserves what he gets.

Nice aub logic.

This happens every year. It happens from many different fan bases. It's idiotic no matter which fan base it comes from. Defending said behavior is just as despicable.

Obviously you misunderstood defending Wdaves statement as defending this behavior. Go read my post again homeboy

Even if he strung every school in America along, it's fcuking recruiting, have some goddamn perspective. Wishing for him to tear his ACL and laughing when it happens? Yea, that makes sense.

We have our own Updykes, but so does Auburn, as evidenced by the link in OP.

Obviously you misunderstood defending Wdaves statement as defending this behavior. Go read my post again homeboy

Defending a statement saying the kid brought it on himself. Oh I understand homeboy. I know right where you're coming from.

I hear something illegal was happening in his store and someone finally blew the whistle. Not really a Alabama/ Auburn thing. I also doubt anyone on this site is throwing around death threats

Also if you just committed to UA dont eat on AU's campus and complain about how mean everyone is being.

Im sure i would get a similar welcome in Tuscaloosa if i wore my Auburn gear on campus

Lol at the auburn fans still defending what their fanbase is doing.