• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ForwardRebels

Winter Storm Pax

110 posts in this topic

Post anything to do with this potential ice/snow storm here.

Above all, stay safe everyone!

I am about as set as one can get.

1. Bourbon and Beer supply re-stocked.

2. Three day supply of firewood is now covered under the porch.

3. Got my Grandmother's firewood supply covered and under her garage.

4. Food supply is set.

They say we're in for a mix of freezing rain,sleet and snow with little accumulation.Maybe 1-2 inches with 1/10 inch ice.Hope they're right.

Looks like the freezing rain is going to be south of us.I hope this isn't a large ice storm event for anyone.I can deal with snow,but being without power really sucks.

Good luck to all out there.

Is beam and cigarettes an acceptable substitute for milk and bread? If it is, I'm set.

I've been shoveling snow off my driveway every morning since Friday. Good luck to you.

Post anything to do with this potential ice/snow storm here.

Above all, stay safe everyone!

you gettin it yet ??

upgraded to a warning...saying we're getting ice

Is beam and cigarettes an acceptable substitute for milk and bread? If it is, I'm set.

How ya set for toilet paper?ha

you gettin it yet ??

According to the radar, and by looking at the clouds, the ice/mix looks to be 3 miles south, at the moment.

People in a town south of where I live are reporting a mix.

According to the radar, and by looking at the clouds, the ice/mix looks to be 3 miles south, at the moment.

People in a town south of where I live are reporting a mix.

be safe

Greenville, SC supposed to get a little mix and an inch of snow overnight and then Tues/Wed gunna suck fo sho with ice and anywhere from 2-9 inches of snow.

be safe

I am currently finishing out my contract with MDOT, so in all actuality, I'll be out in dear old Pax trying to make sure the roads in the 3 counties in our jurisdiction are safe can be.

No sleep for me on the horizon.

I am currently finishing out my contract with MDOT, so in all actuality, I'll be out in dear old Pax trying to make sure the roads in the 3 counties in our jurisdiction are safe can be.

No sleep for me on the horizon.

REALLY be safe then

God knows what's gonna happen in Bham. Based on the current weather reports, a couple of days of wintry mix followed by ~ 1/2 inch of snow and/or ice. I've put a sleeping bag in the trunk, just in case--if it hits the fan this time, I'm not even gonna try to get home, but will just stay at work. Last time it took me 7.5 hours to almost get home.

Jim Cantore is in Columbia so we're probably screwed when it rolls in tomorrow night. I'm wearing my protective cup all day just in case I see him.

(Last I saw our forecast was for 0.5 to 1 inch of ice. If we're lucky we'll get some snow to minimize how much ice we get. It's been warm enough the roads probably won't be bad for long...in the city at least.)

Not as worried about this one. I think everyone is very much on the lookout for trouble this go 'round. I just hope the power stays on.

Jim Cantore is in Columbia so we're probably screwed when it rolls in tomorrow night. I'm wearing my protective cup all day just in case I see him.

(Last I saw our forecast was for 0.5 to 1 inch of ice. If we're lucky we'll get some snow to minimize how much ice we get. It's been warm enough the roads probably won't be bad for long...in the city at least.)

remain-calm-all-is-well-o.gif

I'm stocked up on Cheerwine,Pepsi,juice and milk. I have work tomorrow and i'm off wednesday

Swapped out my gear from the truck to the Tahoe. Bigger and heavier rear end for better traction.

We are supposed to get rain/ice/snow in the Augusta area for a few days. I can camp in the Tahoe if needed.

• Booger
      Looks like someone popped him in the snout a few times
    • Stefanozz
      First of all good game ARK fans.  Every year this game drives me crazy.  This years Stupid for us: 1. Kirk muffing a punt first thing handing ARK 7.  He also uncharacteristically dropped a few passes. 2. A combination of bad play calling and QB inadequacy for 3 quarters.   3. Our secondary was bad bad bad.  ARK should have throw the ball to #4 over and over and over, you guys would have had 60 points.  Harvey (#1) was having a horrible game covering him. The great stuff was the goal line stands by our D, and the ability for our defense to come out after that 10 minute drive and still not break.  I truly though we were done after that long drive.(even though we held at the goal line.)  I figured our defense would be like butter the rest of the night but they came out and finished the game.. 60 minutes  wow. 2014 Sugar Bowl Trevor Knight,  come out come out wherever you are?!?!?
    • bbqit
      Funny that the best uscw has done in a long time was under O
    • JoeGator
      Can you imagine if UF played a complete game?    
    • HFC Derek Mason
      Lsu is going to offer Petrino. Just have a feeling. 
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      JoeGator
      JoeGator
    2. 2
      PuddingTime
      PuddingTime
    3. 3
      bbqit
      bbqit
    4. 4
      RammaJamma