Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adfalcon

2015 Rebel Football Recruiting

128 posts in this topic

Small recruiting tidbits:

We have moved into the lead for Leo Lewis. Negative recruiting towards us has backfired, Lewis was told negative things about Ole Miss from unnamed coaching staffs (MSU possibly) that have proved untrue through his numerous visits. He really likes Hampton and Treadwell, he isn't a lock but he is very close to one.

Jay Johnson and Armani Linton are suspected to flip from MSU to us.

Jamal Peters is an MSU lean, his mother doesn't like our coaching staff so that's a big problem.

Javon Patterson likes us, Auburn is a close second and the bulldogs of MSU are a distant third.

Malik Dear is on the verge of committing to MSU, he isn't a big priority for our coaching staff so this isn't a big surprise.

Fletcher Adams is complicated. His family is putting a lot of pressure on him to go to MSU but he doesn't want to. He prefers Ole MIss right now, but Bama and Georgia are right there. Expect some drama with this recruit.

We are still recruiting Gardner Minshew, but his speed is a major problem, his summer camps will determine whether we will try to recruit him or not.

DaMarkus Lodge is our big recruit we want, his social media is full of Ole Miss praise but expect us and LSU to go down to signing day with him.

2016 recruit Benito Jones is very high on us, and unless all of the sources I have seen are wrong he will be in Oxford in 2016.

Another 2016 recruit Javious Bardney also loves us and may commit before the end of his junior year.

Sources feel really good about our chances with TE Will Gragg.

We are working on 5* WR George Campbell, he is good friends with Treadwell and wants to take an official visit.

We are working D.J Jones very hard, he has offers from pretty much everyone and it's gonna be a tough battle until the end.

We are also working Jones' teamate David Mahaffey

4* De Clelin Feller on Ole Miss:

"'I really like their Land Shark defense,' he said. 'They play a lot of good, young players and they know how to use them. I really like the coaches, the facilities and all the people down there. I have friends from my high school that go to Ole Miss and they tell me they really like it.'"

Quick quote from the payboards

Ole Miss has been by twice this spring to see Many, La., OT Garrett Thomas. There is strong mutual interest between the two camps. ...Ole Miss has offered Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., DB Damon Arnette. No word as to where the Rebels stand yet.

Also, I like our chances with Malik Dear much more than I did a month ago. He really liked his visit with our staff at our spring game, and although MSU is still in the lead it's a much closer deficit.

Terry Godwin, #1 athlete in the country and Georgia commit, said that Ole Miss is one of the few schools that he really likes and could get him to decommit.

4 star RB Eric Swinney from the state of Georgia has committed to us.

"Swinney (5'10" 180 lbs.) selected the Rebels over offers from Auburn, Florida State, Georgia, Tennessee, and others. According to the 247 Composite ranking, Swinney comes in as the #98 player nationally regardless of position. He is the #12 running back nationally and the #12 player in the state of Georgia."

http://www.redcuprebellion.com/2014/5/16/5720776/four-star-rb-eric-swinney-commits-to-rebels

4 star RB Eric Swinney from the state of Georgia has committed to us.

"Swinney (5'10" 180 lbs.) selected the Rebels over offers from Auburn, Florida State, Georgia, Tennessee, and others. According to the 247 Composite ranking, Swinney comes in as the #98 player nationally regardless of position. He is the #12 running back nationally and the #12 player in the state of Georgia."

http://www.redcuprebellion.com/2014/5/16/5720776/four-star-rb-eric-swinney-commits-to-rebels

Still recruiting small scat backs. Thought you guys wanted a big bama type back?

Still recruiting small scat backs. Thought you guys wanted a big bama type back?

Freeze can't do it. He loves his little guys

I'm gonna update the OP of this thread later today, my bad for being behind

OP updated

Really like how our class is shaping up, with how we won't be signing many I'm looking more at average star ranking than overall points, we are 14th in the nation by that ranking.

OP updated

Really like how our class is shaping up, with how we won't be signing many I'm looking more at average star ranking than overall points, we are 14th in the nation by that ranking.

I feel pretty good about us getting a couple more 4 stars. Doubt Cece comes but that's be exciting. #1 concern for me right now is losing Richmond or Leo. But both seem to be rebels

I feel pretty good about us getting a couple more 4 stars. Doubt Cece comes but that's be exciting. #1 concern for me right now is losing Richmond or Leo. But both seem to be rebels

Leo is 100% a rebel, I'd put Richmond more at 90% but I'm still confident we can snag them both.

CeCe will go to OM or F$U, just because that is what would piss me off the most.

News is that the #1 CB in the nation, Tony Bridges, has flipped to us

no official word so don't crucify me if I'm wrong

CeCe will go to OM or F$U, just because that is what would piss me off the most.

He had a quote the other day practically begging freeze to coach at Florida. I imagine he will be a gator regardless. But he apparently loves freeze

News is that the #1 CB in the nation, Tony Bridges, has flipped to us

no official word so don't crucify me if I'm wrong

That's what scout is reporting

He's also been quoted as wanting Urban Meyer and Chip Kelly at Florida.

These kids are idiots.

Everyone loves Freeze and I don't get it.

He's Gomer Pyle.

Merry lanekiffin.gifing flipmas

Might as well call us cornerback u

So let's see. If bridges commits that's

2013 #1 safety

2014 #1 corner

2014 #3 safety

2015 #1 corner

Is that right?

So let's see. If bridges commits that's

2013 #1 safety

2014 #1 corner

2014 #3 safety

2015 #1 corner

Is that right?

Looks like it, looks like it.

Secondary U

• L.A.Hog
      I'd move out of the hell hole.
    • GAMECOCK_FAN
      Gamecocks defeat Charleston Southern 7-0.  18 K's in the game for SC pitchers.
    • smokeyone
      I have a safe but many are out in the open or on my workbench. My little girl knows what they are and what they can do. I teach that they are tools not toys. She wouldn't play with a saw so why would she play with a shotgun? Sh has used both as they were intended and seen that using them correctly makes more sense than using them incorrectly. I don't want to shoot anyone. I don't want anyone to break in. I don't want crime. But reality is my small town has a gang problem. Ignoring it isn't a responsible answer, neither is Next years approach of talking with them over coffe and finding out what drives them to lash out like this. I honestly don't care why they are threatening me and mine, I just want to be able to stop them.
    • smokeyone
        You wouldn't recognize Columbia County anymore. It has blown up with refugees from Augusta. It went from a suitcase community with open spaces to a living/working destination metropolitan region. Clarks hill has developments on it but little to no residential development. Washington road is being made into a 4 lane highway all the way to the lake. And it's accent has come at the expense of the consolidated Augusta/Richmond county. That place is trying to revitalize but falling poorly at it.  It seems like every few months something new is coming to Columbia county making it better. The only issue they are having now is roads. Grovetown didn't plan for the expansion so they need a total rebuild of it road system. It's not just Military and Mexican anymore. 300,000.00 houses fill subdivisions as fast as they can clear land to build them. Applying and Harlem are the only parts of Columbia county not exploding and Harlem is about to as Grovetown is getting too expensive for folks now.  And now is the best time for the area. With Masters week coming up the clean up and finish up is in full swing.
    • A10Rebel
      The recruit pool. Bring them all in and divvy them up. I love it.
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      bbqit
      bbqit
    2. 2
      smokeyone
      smokeyone
    3. 3
      possumslayer
      possumslayer
    4. 4
      L.A.Hog