• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stefanozz

Best TAMU Signing Day ever!

19 posts in this topic

2014 Recruit Tape

Offensive Recruit Video

Defensive Recruit Video

In the Big 12 it would have been the best class in the conference.

In the SEC, it is the 3rd or 4th best class... in the West.

In our 2nd year in the SEC. Imagine if when we will the division. It will happen. Maybe not next year, but it will happen.

In our 2nd year in the SEC. Imagine if when we will the division. It will happen. Maybe not next year, but it will happen.

Didn"t you hear? Johnny is gone. And your chances of beating Alabama, LSU, or Auburn on a consistent basis are nil.

I also heard we had 0 chance of competing in the SEC West, or the Big 12 South, or the SWC...

And having 2 highly touted QBs on campus along with some defensive talent we haven't seen since the 90's makes me a little more confident that we will be OK. Plus we are the only SEC team in Texas, where a ton of great players are available from the High School system. Again, maybe not next year, but soon.

BTW, you do know that LSU was getting pummeled in our series in the 90's, right?

They'd have the best class in the SEC east.

They'd have the best class in the SEC east.

Maybe, maybe not. We'll see.

Maybe, maybe not. We'll see.

True. But I think A&M will surprise some folks in the next coming years. They have tons of talent coming in.

True. But I think A&M will surprise some folks in the next coming years. They have tons of talent coming in.

I don't have a lot of confidence in Sumlin without Johnny.

I don't have a lot of confidence in Sumlin without Johnny.

This one will be interesting to see.Manziel made so many positive things happen for that team it was ridiculous.Playmakers like that don't come along very often.I can't help but think there will be a considerable drop off til the true system he runs kicks in.

When I say true system,I mean a system without the improvisation that Manziel offered.

Of course I could be wrong,but we'll see.

This one will be interesting to see.Manziel made so many positive things happen for that team it was ridiculous.Playmakers like that don't come along very often.I can't help but think there will be a considerable drop off til the true system he runs kicks in.

When I say true system,I mean a system without the improvisation that Manziel offered.

Of course I could be wrong,but we'll see.

Sumlin was good at Houston but that is a whole different caliber of competition. Week after week in the SEC is brutal.

Sumlin was good at Houston but that is a whole different caliber of competition. Week after week in the SEC is brutal.

I mean no disrespect to A&M fans,but I don't think we would be talking much,positively anyway,about their team if Manziel hadn't been there to usher them into the league.Sumlin needs to kiss this kid anywhere he wants to be kissed.

He was pretty good at OU under Stoops as well as at A&M under Slocum. We will see.

I mean no disrespect to A&M fans,but I don't think we would be talking much,positively anyway,about their team if Manziel hadn't been there to usher them into the league.Sumlin needs to kiss this kid anywhere he wants to be kissed.

This is where I disagree. Manziel change the trend to a steeper climb, but we could only have gone up. Sumlin pulled in a pretty good class even before Johnny became Johnny last year. The time period was probably shortened from a 5-7 wait to a 3-5 year wait. That is factoring in the two years we have been in the SEC as well. We were a dangerous opponent (at times) when we were getting the leftovers of tu and ou. Now, we have reason and resources to be at the head table. The improvement would have come anyway.

He was pretty good at OU under Stoops as well as at A&M under Slocum. We will see.

This is where I disagree. Manziel change the trend to a steeper climb, but we could only have gone up. Sumlin pulled in a pretty good class even before Johnny became Johnny last year. The time period was probably shortened from a 5-7 wait to a 3-5 year wait. That is factoring in the two years we have been in the SEC as well. We were a dangerous opponent (at times) when we were getting the leftovers of tu and ou. Now, we have reason and resources to be at the head table. The improvement would have come anyway.

You make some good points and I understand your optimism. Have you seen the classes being brought in by Alabama and LSU? You are in the SEC West where, for now at least, the talent level is unbelievable. Like Bielema at Arkansas, Kevin Sumlin is in a very tough situation. Auburn, too, is talent rich and well coached, as is Ole Miss, with Miss State close behind. For A & M to make a power play in the conference seems a little unlikely, but what do I know. I was sure that Mizzou would suck hind titty in the East, but boy was I wrong there! Anyway, Sumlin is certainly no worse off than Muschump right now.