• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dcbl

Bad night for weather in AL - people will probably die tonight...

196 posts in this topic

my 13 year old boy will be spending the night at Berry Middle School - my wife BARELY got home with the 11, 6 & 3 year old

our 3 year old did not feel well, so the wife did not go to work - berry middle School - it took her 3.5 hours to get roughly 5 miles from the elementary school to the lip of our neighborhood

there is a 5 car pile up on the bridge that is close to the end of our street - its over a creek and at the bottom of a steep hill, people keep trying to drive down the hill and sliding into the cars that are lined up on the bridge

Hoover schools will not let buses move - kids are spending the night at schools all over town

I am SO glad most of mine are home

the 13 year old is safe - hell, it will probably be an adventure for those kids - plenty of food at the school - they will be safe, but it sucks for all of them; especially the teachers and admins that have no choice but to spend the night with 1,000 or more of their favorite students...

I actually met them in the publix parking lot at the lip of our neighborhood - we parked in a driveway where the home is for sale and nobody has lived there for about a year - top of the hill

we walked down the hill, across the bridge and to our house - about 1/2 mile

I carried the 3 year old - my wife & i and the 11 year old carried groceries

my wife was HELD at the top of the hill as some damn fool tried to go up the hill from the bridge - an emergency worker (fireman) told her to wait until the driver made it up the hill - he slid down and was car 5 in the pileup - damn fool - he bounced off a tree and 2 cars

i watched it (I was walking faster with the kids while she was behind and stopped to talk to the 13 year old

about 22 degrees right now

Damn. Its supposed to snow/ice here with 1-3 inches accumulated. It was 67 here yesterday and its 34 outside now. Unreal. My small rural town doesn't even have any equipment to deal with multiple days of ice on roads.

Stay safe and stay warm man.

Again, what was their reasoning behind not canceling school today? I mean, they had plenty of warning that this iaBdfkZ.png was coming.

yes and yes

messy combo...maybe only bama fans will die.

I'm from savannah & schools here were canceled. But weather has not been bad yet. Our forecasters go a little over board.

How much snow'd y'all get? None here but cold as you know what. We got a couple of inches here over the weekend.

My grandmother in Marysville Tn lives on a hill and she said a school bus didn't make it up the hill, turned and slid into another bus. My cousin had to leave his jeep 3 miles from home and huff it. Getting ugly that way.

I'm from savannah & schools here were canceled. But weather has not been bad yet. Our forecasters go a little over board.

Ditto the Augusta folks. They were saying if you go out to carry food, water, blankets and a flashlight. For 1-3 inches of snow.

How much snow'd y'all get? None here but cold as you know what. We got a couple of inches here over the weekend.

I can't get out of my neighborhood

interstates and HWY 31 are being closed

it's a big clusterlanekiffin.gif out there

a girl - 18 - 24 age, was crying in publix - she's stuck there - things could be worse that being stuck in a grocery store that has a genertor

I am amazed that I have internet and power...

I-65 North is closed and has been for a while now.

yeah 3' to 6" of snow would shut this city down, wrecks every where. It's ridiculous

Again, what was their reasoning behind not canceling school today? I mean, they had plenty of warning that this iaBdfkZ.png was coming.

We were told we would get "a dusting at best", so no one was concerned.

Is everyone's multi quote system working? I tried to reply to smokeyone & I can reply but it is not connected to his quote.

I just hope I'm not stuck north of the river at this point.

I heard that some of the Crimson Tide players are having a snowball fight on campus! Love to see pics of that! :lol:

Maybe I been blocked. !!

Is everyone's multi quote system working? I tried to reply to smokeyone & I can reply but it is not connected to his quote.

Test tezt