• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tider27

Jake Coker Signs With Alabama

15 posts in this topic

Alabama head coach Nick Saban announced Sunday that quarterback Jake Coker has signed with the Crimson Tide and projects to be eligible to play this fall. Coker, a native of Mobile, Ala., is expected to enroll at Alabama this summer after he completes his undergraduate degree at Florida State.

Click here for the original story.

Actually saw him at Galettes on Friday night, was already telling people he was the next starting QB at UA.

Actually saw him at Galettes on Friday night, was already telling people he was the next starting QB at UA.

Be interested to know how he phrased that, or how he was asked. We don't need another JPW lol

This is bad news....

For those that play bama....

We will have to wait and see how it goes. ;)

This is bad news....

For those that play bama....

You think? :trollface:

What he said

Be interested to know how he phrased that, or how he was asked. We don't need another JPW lol

At one time thought to be a UK transfer...because of Stoops/FSU connection.

Gunna be a real good addition to Bama. Great QB!

Well it was a friend's bday so she had a few drinks at this point but Coker backed into her and she turned around and something along the lines of "watch out, who do you think you are?" then he responds with the whole I'm the next starting QB. I don't remember the exact response (I had a few yellowhammers in me myself). We looked him up on our phones just to make sure it was him.

Also saw Vinnie there walking around with a pack of girls by him all night, so he's doing well.

I'm excited about Coker being here, I think he's a good player but I hope the fans don't overhype this guy already because the media certainly is. I feel better now than I did with the idea of Bateman or Cornwell but I'm not expecting this guy to come right in and match AJ's numbers from the past couple of years. As long as he can make some throws when needed and not make any dumb mistakes then we'll be fine.

I know there will be an open competition for the starting spot and everything but he's clearly going to be the starter, he wouldn't come here if he wasn't going to be in line to take over and the staff wouldn't want him as bad if they had more confidence in the other guys.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I'm excited about Coker being here, I think he's a good player but I hope the fans don't overhype this guy already because the media certainly is. I feel better now than I did with the idea of Bateman or Cornwell but I'm not expecting this guy to come right in and match AJ's numbers from the past couple of years. As long as he can make some throws when needed and not make any dumb mistakes then we'll be fine.

I know there will be an open competition for the starting spot and everything but he's clearly going to be the starter, he wouldn't come here if he wasn't going to be in line to take over and the staff wouldn't want him as bad if they had more confidence in the other guys.

I cant agree more. I haven't seen him play a snap, so I don't know how go he is. hopefully he lives up to the hype the media is pumping us with