• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cocky4ever

is this basketball team worse than last year's??

10 posts in this topic

I've brought this up to some of my friends before, and they just kind of blow it off. But seriously, is it? I don't see any case that could be made to suggest it's better(though I'd love to hear it if you have one). Usually what I get is "well, they're so young", and I get that....but that doesn't mean it's a better team. If anything that's just an excuse for why they're not better. I really want to be excited about SC basketball, but it's been hard to watch for a while.

On prue talent this team is way better than last year. Experience is killing us. This team is either going to learn to play or Frank will overhaul it.

Two years and we will be in the NCAA tourney.

Right now we may win 3 SEC games. Maybe.

My guess is Vegas would make last year's team the slight favorite in a h2h matchup.

However almost no one on last yrs team was going to get any better. Several players on this roster have shown the potential for massive improvement.

If Thornwell can be more consistent next year, he'll easily be our best player since Downey. I really like what we've seen from Notice as well.

Henry is a mess out there now, but there are flashes of how good he can be. It might be 2 yrs before we really see him become the big man we need though.

These are all true freshman who will be around for awhile (unless Thornwell really blows up next yr).

Definitely worse than last year's team.

But you guys are missing 2 guys who were expected to be key contributors, right?

You can't overcome that in the beginning of a total rebuild.

I've brought this up to some of my friends before, and they just kind of blow it off. But seriously, is it? I don't see any case that could be made to suggest it's better(though I'd love to hear it if you have one). Usually what I get is "well, they're so young", and I get that....but that doesn't mean it's a better team. If anything that's just an excuse for why they're not better. I really want to be excited about SC basketball, but it's been hard to watch for a while.

I hear what you're saying and agree with you.

Signed,

The UK Football Fan

Hopefully both UK football and USC basketball will be significantly better next season! Hope is all we have at this point.

this is one area where Kentucky fans can truly feel our pain, lol

May need to move this thread to Kentucky board the way this team is playing.