• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dawgfan4life24

Georgia to hire former Titans defensive coach Tracy Rocker

36 posts in this topic

Don't know too much about this guy. Def have to read up on him. Doubt Pruitt would bring in someone he didn't approve of. Will see

"I visited with Tracy Rocker and his Momma earlier this week. As I sat at the kitchen table with Tracy Momma Rocker placed a stack of flapjacks on the table. Tracy took the stack counted out twelve pancakes, put them in his plate and then took one off. Tracy's Momma asked what's wrong Tracy? Tracy said nothing Momma I just gotta stay HUNGRY for the Crimson Tide!" ~Keith Jackson

I fawkin love this defensive staff Richt is putting together... did he bump his head and suddenly gain intelligence?

Rocker was here for awhile.I hated to lose him.He'll be an asset to your staff.

Liking what I've read so far. Finally UGA moving in the eight direction on defense

All LOOKS good ATM

But I will withhold judgement until I see us NOT iaBdfkZ.png the bed against a quality foe...

Rocker is a badass. He jumped ship here because he saw the writing on the wall with Chiz. He also didn't agree with the way Chiz and trooper were running things, he is big on discipline. Y'all got a good one. Rumor is he don't like the recruiting aspect though but that can be overcome.

Won't be long before Smokey chimes in on how iaBdfkZ.pngty the hire is. Lol

Rocker is a badass. He jumped ship here because he saw the writing on the wall with Chiz. He also didn't agree with the way Chiz and trooper were running things, he is big on discipline. Y'all got a good one. Rumor is he don't like the recruiting aspect though but that can be overcome.

I remember him getting quite a few defensive prospects from Georgia when he was coaching at Auburn. Seems to be a decent enough recruiter

Won't be long before Smokey chimes in on how iaBdfkZ.pngty the hire is. Lol

Meanwhile in UT...... Butch Jones is making nearly 5M a year

Good coach not a very good recruiter. Infact he hates recruiting and that is the reason he left to the NFL

I remember him getting quite a few defensive prospects from Georgia when he was coaching at Auburn. Seems to be a decent enough recruiter

He will get some on just his rep and history of what he develops them into. He just is not one of them guys who likes to beat the bushes on the recruiting trail. But like I said, Pruitt who is a great recruiter can sell him and bring them in. This is one of the best hires y'all could have made for this position.

He will get some on just his rep and history of what he develops them into. He just is not one of them guys who likes to beat the bushes on the recruiting trail. But like I said, Pruitt who is a great recruiter can sell him and bring them in. This is one of the best hires y'all could have made for this position.

Just watched the senior bowl. GD Ford is an animal

He did bring in Nick Fairly so he cant be that bad right?

Just watched the senior bowl. GD Ford is an animal

He is, and y'all's old boy Garner helped him unleash it. He improved his technique and gave him an inside move to go with that speed on the outside. He just added a zero or two to his paycheck today.

He did bring in Nick Fairly so he cant be that bad right?

Georgia fans should definitely be excited about that.

@@w00k

Fantastic coach. Horrible recruiter.

Horrible is a stretch. He did fine recruiting at Auburn. We also have a good allotment of recruiters regardless with Pruitt, Richt, Lily, McClendon and even Bobo. I don't know enough about Sherrer to say if he is a good recruiter or not and we have one hire left.

Horrible is a stretch. He did fine recruiting at Auburn. We also have a good allotment of recruiters regardless with Pruitt, Richt, Lily, McClendon and even Bobo. I don't know enough about Sherrer to say if he is a good recruiter or not and we have one hire left.

He did very little as a recruiter here. His two big gets were Jeff Whitaker, Corey Lemonier and Ken Carter. Only Lemonier did anything and Trooper was a bigger reason he came here. He missed on countless others like Jordan Jenkins, Michael Taylor, Mike Thornton and Corey Crawford.

He did very little as a recruiter here. His two big gets were Jeff Whitaker, Corey Lemonier and Ken Carter. Only Lemonier did anything and Trooper was a bigger reason he came here. He missed on countless others like Jordan Jenkins, Michael Taylor, Mike Thornton and Corey Crawford.

I just think horrible is a stretch. That'd suggest he shows up to the recruits house and is naked or talks about how Scientology is the best religion to the recruit's momma

I believe i heard a story about his best pitch to get a player to auburn was to stay on the phone with him all night crying telling him how much we needed him there.

I just think horrible is a stretch. That'd suggest he shows up to the recruits house and is naked or talks about how Scientology is the best religion to the recruit's momma

Well obviously I was being hyperbolic, but we brought in a guy like Mike Pelton who really probably shouldn't be coaching at an SEC level to replace him and his first class brought in Gabe Wright and Angelo Blackson who have been FAR more contributive than the previous two DTs I mentioned.

I believe i heard a story about his best pitch to get a player to auburn was to stay on the phone with him all night crying telling him how much we needed him there.

Well...... I mean...... its not the easiest sell for sure.

He should have just gone with the ol' fashioned bag of money technique

:trollface: