• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt

Reports: Vandy to hire Derek Mason (DC @ Stanford)

172 posts in this topic

Does he have any ties to the south or southern coaches? That will be asking a lot for a guy to come in with a few weeks to establish a recruiting class while building a staff these kids don't know.

sadly he is going to need alot more than coaching ability to cut it at Vandy

Yes, Derek Mason is our new HC!!!

Excellent news! Good luck! I hope he turns out to be everything y'all want him to be.

Does he have any ties to the south or southern coaches? That will be asking a lot for a guy to come in with a few weeks to establish a recruiting class while building a staff these kids don't know.

Someone (Mark Howard maybe?) said he was recruiting the south for Stanford. Of course that is not at the volume that he would likely do at Vandy so he has a ways to go but it did sound he had some contacts here.

Is this his dream job?

No...we just rid ourselfs of those type.

Hope also he is recruting for Vandy and not himself as Jimmy was doing!!!

JF Brand has gone downhill ever since he screwed Vandy .....and will next season at PS.....what goes around comes around Jimmy boy!!

Coach Poach is in Crappy Valley cleaning showers!!! We got a real coach now!!!

Originally I read this as Derrick Mason and I was all "what kind of coaching credentials does he even have?".

But all in all a solid hire.

Coach Poach is in Crappy Valley cleaning showers!!! We got a real coach now!!!

Oh my, how things have changed

Yeah, it's about as stupid as Vol fans who hate on Fulmer.

Yep took Coach Poach Jimmy 4Jimmy exactly 3 day to destroy what he did in Nashville for 3 years....and in 10 days he has become one of the most hated persons ever in Vandy football history

Coach Mason will now walk in and rep all the rewards that Coach Poach Jimmy 4Jimmy threw away in 10 days.....Fruck Jimmy

AnchoDown guys....we back after a week of total Crap from Crappy Valley

Someone's a little salty over their savior.

Coach Poach went from Hero to Zero faster than any coach in history of the SEC

Coach Poach went from Hero to Zero faster than any coach in history of the SEC

Why? Did he leave on bad terms with people? Can't blame him for wanting to coach at a football school.

Why? Did he leave on bad terms with people? Can't blame him for wanting to coach at a football school.

He strung them along supposedly...and has been raiding the recruits he went after at Vandy.

His choice of OC will be extremely important.Ask Chizik.Vandy will need to be a little creative on offense so this should be interesting.

You been under a rock the past week....oh that's right you only care about basketball. Just read up about Coach Poach the past 10 days....I could care less about him!!

He strung them along supposedly...and has been raiding the recruits he went after at Vandy.

You been under a rock the past week....oh that's right you only care about basketball. Just read up about Coach Poach the past 10 days....I could care less about him!!

Lol yea i read up on it. I guess it is a lil shady to take the recruits with him, although if i were a fball coach i'd do the exact same thing. Houndreds of hours of recruiting these kids and all for nothing?

Sucks for Vandy!