• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CCRider

You're Welcome Georgia Fans!

12 posts in this topic

I don't really like to brag, and I have been on here for awhile without shamelessly pandering for my blog site. It just so happens that Ya Boy along with a dirty Mexican and a few other random dudes runs the most important and influential blog in the entire State of Georgia- www.sportsandgrits.com

Back in 2010 after we lost to Colorado sportsandgrits started a campaign to get Willie "Football AIDS" Martinez and Coach Van "Mantits" Halanger fired. AIDS got the ax and Mantits got demoted. Then....I'm sorry to say.....we, yes even we got a little complacent. However, back in October we fired up the hate train one more time. Our objective....the firing of Todd "Bag of Used Tamponds" Grantham. What happened? We'll once again our record speaks for itself! Then yesterday we shamed the University into hiring Pruitt.

So once again DawgNation.....you are mighty welcomed! Also, we are sorry for slipping a little and allowing Richt to think it is ok to be lazy. Our next goals are to get a real S&C program, someone who has ever heard of special teams before, and of course fighting stupid Georgia fans who want things like Kirby Smart.

I don't really like to brag, and I have been on here for awhile without shamelessly pandering for my blog site. It just so happens that Ya Boy along with a dirty Mexican and a few other random dudes runs the most important and influential blog in the entire State of Georgia- www.sportsandgrits.com

Back in 2010 after we lost to Colorado sportsandgrits started a campaign to get Willie "Football AIDS" Martinez and Coach Van "Mantits" Halanger fired. AIDS got the ax and Mantits got demoted.

Your timeline is a year off. In 2010, UGA lost to SC 17-6 and to MSU 24-12 before the Colorado game. Hard to blame those losses on the defense imo.

Your timeline is a year off. In 2010, UGA lost to SC 17-6 and to MSU 24-12 before the Colorado game. Hard to blame those losses on the defense imo.

The Colorado game was when we really started going after people.

The Colorado game was when we really started going after people.

And you said you went after Willie, right?

Yes

Why? Willie was fired before the 2009 bowl game vs Texas a and m.

Why? Willie was fired before the 2009 bowl game vs Texas a and m.

Post Colorado was when we realized it was not just Martinez but was in fact the entire program.

We were after Willie before he was fired. Willie being around as long as he was became a point that we attacked once we realized it was everyone not just him.

Forget all this nonsense...who's the girl in your avatar, lol...

It'll be interesting to see how the Defense fairs in '14. Especially if the D returns quite a few of this seasons players. I say this because if you were that upset with Grantham how do you expect things to change radically when the same talent (or lack of) is still around? Now if y'all are starting with a clean sheet as it were with mostly redshirt freshmen/soph's then maybe... There'll be growing pains for being so young but going forward y'all would be well positioned in the future. What is the likelihood he sticks around beyond next year? Not sure how many teams were looking at him for the myriad HC openings after this season just finished.

It'll be interesting to see how the Defense fairs in '14. Especially if the D returns quite a few of this seasons players. I say this because if you were that upset with Grantham how do you expect things to change radically when the same talent (or lack of) is still around? Now if y'all are starting with a clean sheet as it were with mostly redshirt freshmen/soph's then maybe... There'll be growing pains for being so young but going forward y'all would be well positioned in the future. What is the likelihood he sticks around beyond next year? Not sure how many teams were looking at him for the myriad HC openings after this season just finished.

D was not as bad as some folks claim. Talent all over the place, but some growing pains were had due to youth and inexperience. We return all but one DL, and all players will start with a clean sheet with the new staff, which creates a healthy competition.