• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dcbl

Pruitt from FSU in at UGA

92 posts in this topic

Great hire, I wonder if a special teams coach is hired since he specializes in dbs.

God I hope so - we NEED a special teams coach

It has been one of our biggest weaknesses for the last few years...

the plot thickens....

Humphrey said that his son does have a good relationship with Pruitt to the point where he could see his son taking a visit to Georgia if he was invited to Athens.

"But I think it would be really hard for him to get real interested in Georgia with just two weeks to go before Signing Day," he said. "That's not a lot of time to get acquainted with a school that hasn't really been recruiting Marlon hard up to this point. But that's not to say he won't take a trip to Georgia. But he'd have to fall in love with Georgia as a school pretty quick to consider that school if Pruitt invited him up there. I don't think that is going to happen in two weeks."

Does Jeremy Pruitt to Georgia lock up Marlon Humphrey for Alabama? His father says no | AL.com

Someone on Dawgvent just made an excellent point......

With Pruitt being a DB coach as well it makes me seriously doubt Lakatos leaving solely for personal reasons. I think this may have potentially been set in motion for a while

Who knows though, just makes you think

Great hire, I wonder if a special teams coach is hired since he specializes in dbs.

I just said the EXACT same thing to a co worker who is a UGA fan. Praying over here.

Good hire UGA. Damn good one. Richt just impressed me pulling this one in.

the plot thickens....

Humphrey said that his son does have a good relationship with Pruitt to the point where he could see his son taking a visit to Georgia if he was invited to Athens.

"But I think it would be really hard for him to get real interested in Georgia with just two weeks to go before Signing Day," he said. "That's not a lot of time to get acquainted with a school that hasn't really been recruiting Marlon hard up to this point. But that's not to say he won't take a trip to Georgia. But he'd have to fall in love with Georgia as a school pretty quick to consider that school if Pruitt invited him up there. I don't think that is going to happen in two weeks."

Does Jeremy Pruitt to Georgia lock up Marlon Humphrey for Alabama? His father says no | AL.com

Picking up that recruit would put the icing on this fairy tale hire.

Richt must have had his job threatened. That is the only plausible reason as to why he would hire the best coach available.

Richt must have had his job threatened. That is the only plausible reason as to why he would hire the best coach available.

That the closest you can do to giving him a complement? haha

Proud of Richt for making this hire, instills some confidence back in our staff for sure

Richt must have had his job threatened.

we can only hope...

Damn, this is a shocking and impressive hire. Big blow to FSU and shows winning one NC doesn't change a damn thing. There is nothing like coaching in the SEC.

I have to think being closer to home helps too.

Not saying he won't do good or great things at UGA, but I'm not ready to say it's automatically an amazing hire.

He has exactly 1 year of experience as a DC....a year where he used NFL talent to shut down s--tty acc offenses.

Not saying he won't do good or great things at UGA, but I'm not ready to say it's automatically an amazing hire.

He has exactly 1 year of experience as a DC....a year where he used NFL talent to shut down s--tty acc offenses.

Fair enough. And only a few short years ago, he was a high school coach. I think it's a great hire, but it is a bit of a risk.

On top of everything else.... the thing I like most about him is

he coached at Hoover when the beat Tebow

He did make Florida look like iaBdfkZ.png...but then again, so did Georgia Southern.

I'm liking how he did against Clemson.

Fair enough. And only a few short years ago, he was a high school coach. I think it's a great hire, but it is a bit of a risk.

Well I'm pretty sure he can't be worse than Grantham. So even if he's only a slight upgrade but helps yall get a STC it'll be a big improvement.