• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ealey24

Kentucky DB coach

12 posts in this topic

Just read this guy might be heading to UGA to take over our secondary.. Is he any good?

Our secondary was our biggest weakness on defense. I don't see why he'd be appealing to UGA in his first year here.

People over there on rivals seem to think this is an indication of UGA landing smart, due to his ties with him

Are you talking about Peveto?!?!

If that him....he's a damn good coach. I would hate to see him go. Long time LSU coach and a former HC at a smaller school.

He also coached special teams that did okay for us. Again...I'd hate to see him go.

Derek Ansley....no idea anything about him.

Peveto is a defensive coach to and maybe the "secondary coach". Ansley may be DB coach.

All I know is you can't have Peveto. :)

This heavily implies Kirby Smart imo

The indication of him being contacted implies we already have our DC, it'd be pretty stupid to hire a DB coach before a DC at this time so you would absolutely have to assume it is someone associated with him

Edit: if indeed he was contacted/interviewed

The guy also runs Special Teams. He's worked for Smart and Saban before. I think it's actually happening.

The guy also runs Special Teams. He's worked for Smart and Saban before. I think it's actually happening.

Not at UK...that's Peveto. Then again, I don't keep up like I used too and maybe he's out at UK too.

PT?!??

I'm reading the same stuff on our sites. They want Ansley because they think it helps them get Kirby Smart. Ansley is one of our best recruiters in the South. I don't want to lose him, could hurt our class.