• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dawgfan4life24

Alabama meet your new Offensive Coordinator....Lane Kiffin

119 posts in this topic

Former Southern California head coach Lane Kiffin is interviewing for the Alabama offensive coordinator job as early as Thursday, according to a source.

Kiffin will visit Tuscaloosa for the interview but won't be alone in the running for the job. A long list of NFL suitors should be involved for a coveted job to replace Doug Nussmeier, who is now Michigan's offensive coordinator.

The 38-year-old Kiffin, who went a combined 35-21 as coach of Tennessee and USC, visited Alabama during bowl prep as a consultant/observer.

Kiffin runs a pro-style offense, which fits with Saban's style of ball control and a physical running game. But Saban has said recently that he's open to upping the tempo to adapt to attack defenses.

Alabama would be a stable landing strip for the embattled Kiffin, who has already held three major head-coaching jobs. One of Kiffin's former employers, Tennessee, plays host to the Crimson Tide on Oct. 25.

:lanekiffin: :lanekiffin: :lanekiffin: :lanekiffin: :lanekiffin: :lanekiffin: :lanekiffin: :lanekiffin: :lanekiffin: :lanekiffin: :lanekiffin: :lanekiffin: :lanekiffin: :lanekiffin: :lanekiffin: :lanekiffin: :lanekiffin: :lanekiffin: :lanekiffin: :lanekiffin: :lanekiffin:

He is interviewing this week. I've got a good feeling about this. Lol

I guess we'll see, I'm obviously not too enthralled with the idea of him on Bama's staff, much less any within the SEC. He's a smug douche bag that I'll never defend, hell of a recruiter though. Never thought his play calling was all that special.

In the end, Saban has made solid hires year after year, so I trust his judgement.

Kiffen to bama as OC. anyone else hear anything like that?

He's interviewing today. If Layla will agree to wear a cheerleader uniform to the game, it's a done deal as far as I'm concerned.

bad mojo.

(twists mustache, mumbles "mwhahahaha.")

If Layla will agree to wear a cheerleader uniform to the game, it's a done deal as far as I'm concerned.

ill be a bama fan, thats for sure

HAHAHAHAHA

Not because Alabama will suck with him there, but I can already hear the collective groan from here. Its gonna be hilarious watching you guys have to defend him

did someone just take the lid off the dirt bag bucket this week?

Petrino, Kiffen, and the ghost of football past Rick "the cockroach" Neuheisel?

well this is special isn't it....

I guess we'll see, I'm obviously not too enthralled with the idea of him on Bama's staff, much less any within the SEC. He's a smug douche bag that I'll never defend, hell of a recruiter though. Never thought his play calling was all that special.

In the end, Saban has made solid hires year after year, so I trust his judgement.

As a mod. If Kiff is hired. Are you going to remove his face from the smileys?

HAHAHAHAHA

Not because Alabama will suck with him there, but I can already hear the collective groan from here. Its gonna be hilarious watching you guys have to defend him

I'm sure he'll get a warm welcome when Bama travels to Tennessee. :lol:

It was my opinion he stays before this debacle, and by the SECTalk gods he'll stay dammit.

Once a lanekiffin.gif, always a lanekiffin.gif.

I really hope not. Nothing encompasses the word :lanekiffin: like lane kiffin.

Head coach in waiting...

I'll take Kirby in that fight on the quad.

As this picks up steam this morning, I can't help but think...aren't we hated enough already?

Saban wanting to do some kind of charity work or something. Kiffin is bad news and probably wouldn't be here more than 2 years anyways.

As this picks up steam this morning, I can't help but think...aren't we hated enough already?

Apparently not.

This would create some kind of never seen before hybrid hate. Lol

Two types of hate that should never tangle.....are about to tangle.

I said this another thread

I'm slightly worried, actually. Could be a boon in recruiting and it would be just UT's luck that he would be a huge success in T-Town

He's got to be the luckiest fukker ever, because I have to believe he doesn't keep getting these jobs based on his performances.