• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Herschel Talker

Auburn stealing FSU signals?

20 posts in this topic

I guess I hadn't thought about this as a possibility before, but I was flabbergasted at how well the Auburn defense played in the 1st half.

I was wondering the same thing too about 1st half defense. but hey, I honestly have no problem with it. if you don't disguise when you're calling a play you're just asking for that to happen.

Didn't Alabama do something similar recently, where we hired someone from a school we were going to play? And everyone flipped their s--t about how dirty it was?

I wish my brain wasn't dumb and I could remember, so I could go research and see exactly how many Auburn fans on here tried to talk s--t about us for it.

lanekiffin.gifin' Auburn....you cheat like hell and still can't win the natty!

Seriously though, I don't think it's that dirty. If you don't want your signals stolen, hide them or change them up. It's part of the game.

Poor abuurn... always has a controversy going on....just like their big brother.

Didn't Alabama do something similar recently, where we hired someone from a school we were going to play? And everyone flipped their s--t about how dirty it was?

I wish my brain wasn't dumb and I could remember, so I could go research and see exactly how many Auburn fans on here tried to talk s--t about us for it.

Yeah, it was during the Ole Miss game and on TV they caught they guy with binoculars looking at the signals.

Knowing is half the battle. GI Joe taught Auburn and anyone else that has on-the-field intelligence systems in place.

If they didn't change up their signs when their former assistant coach is on the opponents sideline, of the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP...well then that's their own fault.

Nothing really cheating about it, happens all the time in baseball and football. If you played at any level you know it's apart of the game.

meh, part of the game but if ur going to do it, at least win :trollface:

This is not news. Auburn tapped into our radio system last time in Auburn. Mullen went crazy and we started calling offense from the sideline.

The very next play Auburn D couldn't stop us.

There is nothing Auburn that doesn't involve cheating

I heard Nick Marshall was the one who stole all of the signals..........

I heard Nick Marshall was the one who stole all of the signals..........

I dunno CK. If it had been Marshall, nobody would have been able to understand him when he tried to tell them what the play was.

Auburn, cheat? Nah...

They only had to revert to stealing FSU's signals because they werent operating the clock.

Had this game been at Auburn, FSU wouldn't have had time to score again. That last min...yea it would have shaved....

Incomplete pass....tick...tick....tick....tick....tick....oh whoops (clock stops)

Knowing is half the battle. GI Joe taught Auburn

And the other half is cash.

• Titans4Vols
      Yeah, Jancek's famous man to man defense with no blitz on 3rd and 4th down.
    • Based Potato
      Lord knows that was the gameplan last year.
    • Titans4Vols
      Shoop knows how to cover it up with his blitzes, and with Martin out our secondary isn't too bad. We've got two good safeties and the corners are passable sans-Martin(who himself isn't as bad as he showed yesterday, but still isn't good).   Plus a big bonus is Georgia WRs have no idea how to catch a football, so we could probably leave them uncovered and still be ok.
    • Based Potato
      Eh, don't overrate the defensive performance. Our secondary is a liability.
    • Titans4Vols
      Eason(who I do think has a lot of potential, but he's just too inexperienced) won't be able to do anything against a Bob Shoop defense, so as long as DeBord gets his s**t together, we should win this game with ease. It being in Georgia is my only big concern. Will be the first time we've left the state of Tennessee this year, and first time not in front of a majority Tennessee crowd(Bristol was probably 65-35 Tennessee/Va Tech fans).
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      JoeGator
      JoeGator
    2. 2
      PuddingTime
      PuddingTime
    3. 3
      bbqit
      bbqit
    4. 4
      RammaJamma