• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sblad

Congrats on the 7 year Conference run. I doubt it will ever happen again.

27 posts in this topic

The SEC is massively impressive. Great game by Auburn tonight--they just scored too quickly on the last drive.

yep

You cant win them all, but your still the best conference top to bottom.

We can all celebrate the end of the BCS and the beginning of a playoff.

Great season, and epic title game to end it.......damn its gonna be a long summer.

You cant win them all, but your still the best conference top to bottom.

We can all celebrate the end of the BCS and the beginning of a playoff.

Great season, and epic title game to end it.......damn its gonna be a long summer.

I agree. On the Huskermax.com website (the main one out there for Husker fans) they count down fall kickoff down to the last second. What an amazing bowl season. I can't wait until OU and NU play each other in the 50th Anniversary of the Game of the Century in 6 years. I would love to be there. Anyway, to make this about the SEC I think we can all appreciate college football at its highest and the SEC has elevated the play of football across the nation. Now for the Playoffs....awesome (Osborne is on the committee which gives me some comfort). Anyway, till then..........

The SEC is massively impressive. Great game by Auburn tonight--they just scored too quickly on the last drive.

You're a classy poster, sblad. Stick around and post often.

Black shirts my ass.

;)

Good post. It was a great game that we came out of the wrong end on. We'll do better next time I'm sure.

Black shirts my ass.

;)

You're right..more like grey shirts this year. I'm liking the Blackshirts back next year (watch out of Randy Gregory--10.5 sacks this year and a Juco DL recruit named Terrell Clinkscales). . Anyway, I believe college football is at its best when the traditional powers are strong....Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, Michigan, Ohio State, Nebraska...etc. I even like it when the Teams of the 80s and 90s are strong (Miami, Tennesee, and Florida State) etc. I love tradition and pageantry in college football and all of the nerve-wracking drama this year brought us. There is nothing that quite compares to me in all of sport like College Football. Nothing is even close in my book.

You're right..more like grey shirts this year. I'm liking the Blackshirts back next year (watch out of Randy Gregory--10.5 sacks this year and a Juco DL recruit named Terrell Clinkscales). . Anyway, I believe college football is at its best when the traditional powers are strong....Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, Michigan, Ohio State, Nebraska...etc. I even like it when the Teams of the 80s and 90s are strong (Miami, Tennesee, and Florida State) etc. I love tradition and pageantry in college football and all of the nerve-wracking drama this year brought us. There is nothing that quite compares to me in all of sport like College Football. Nothing is even close in my book.

It's all good, got nothing but respect for NE.

Braylon Heard...transfer to UK. Is he any good?

Well, I can guarantee you that the SEC won't win 7 BCS titles in a row again.

Oh well the 8 out of 9 and 9 out of 10 will just begin now.

We'll always remember that one blemish of a year, in a bad BCS showing for the SEC.

Yes, he was 4-Star Running Back out of Ohio. He is pretty good up the middle and has speed around the edges. I think he is be a solid back. We were sad to lose him.

Yes, he was 4-Star Running Back out of Ohio. He is pretty good up the middle and has speed around the edges. I think he is be a solid back. We were sad to lose him.

God knows we need him. ;)

Nice win vs UGA...Happy New Year!

I respect, yet despise the Fuskers. You seem like a good fellow, though. Welcome to SECtalk. B)

I respect, yet despise the Fuskers. You seem like a good fellow, though. Welcome to SECtalk. B)

Thanks. Mizzou has been impressive in the SEC (and they were in the BIG 12 for a while too). It will be fun when those 2 teams meet again...seeing how the bowls stack up (at least for now with the Big 10 v. the SEC I think it will happen sooner than later).

Well, I can guarantee you that the SEC won't win 7 BCS titles in a row again.

Some conferences don't even put a team in the BCS NCG.

Thanks. Mizzou has been impressive in the SEC (and they were in the BIG 12 for a while too). It will be fun when those 2 teams meet again...seeing how the bowls stack up (at least for now with the Big 10 v. the SEC I think it will happen sooner than later).

Ya, I waited 3 decades for the Tigers to rise up, defeat and surpass Nebraska. Very satisfying after the relentless beatdowns they gave MU in the 70's, 80's and 90's. Not to mention the cheating kick ball in the endzone game.

I still hate Jack Frost and that little punk Eric Crouch.

I hear they are doing away with the Crystal ball trophy.

I hear they are doing away with the Crystal ball trophy.

What will replace it?

What will replace it?

They haven't said yet, but they were talking about that during pregame on Monday. No more crystal trophy, something new to start the new era.

They haven't said yet, but they were talking about that during pregame on Monday. No more crystal trophy, something new to start the new era.

Cause it's too fragile when you drop it. :trollface: