• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cocky4ever

Is Saban the most overrated coach in college football??

128 posts in this topic

He always fields the more talented team, and it's usually not that close. Yet he struggles with teams like vt...and even out "Stoops" Stoops when playing lesser teams in BCS bowls. Sure he can get teams pumped for title games, but who wouldn't be pumped for that? Not lookin like the best college coach in the game anymore, much less best ever.

Nb4 Bama fans say my painkillers must be kicking in...

He always fields the more talented team, and it's usually not that close. Yet he struggles with teams like vt...and even out "Stoops" Stoops when playing lesser teams in BCS bowls. Sure he can get teams pumped for title games, but who wouldn't be pumped for that? Not lookin like the best college coach in the game anymore, much less best ever.

That's two examples from this year Cockalockadingdong, where we have now been exposed as not being AS talented as previously thought.

He still has a pretty decent resume proving he isn't overrated.

Saban is overrated. I'd much rather have Spurrier.

My sarcasm meter is a little off today, this is sarcasm right?

He is the best coach in college football because there isn't a team in the country who wouldn't give their left nut to get him (aside from AU, but thats AU)

I could give a s--t if we lose a sugar bowl or two in between national championships, wouldn't bother me in the slightest

That's two examples from this year Cockalockadingdong, where we have now been exposed as not being AS talented as previously thought.

He still has a pretty decent resume proving he isn't overrated.

Didn't do much at mich. state except for 1 year. Dantonio has done a hell of a lot better up there. Did alright at LSU before leaving. Went 6-6 at Bama before bringing in the best classes every year and taking over. Even then lost to a bunch of Mormons and somehow lost a BCS bowl to Bob Stoops of all people. And didn't just lose, got dominated by a team that's been ravaged by injuries. He's good, but some people say he could be the best college coach ever....and going by that argument he's overrated.

Dear @@cocky4ever:

Some dumbass has gotten your SEC Talk password and is posting some truly moronic stuff. Please change your password immediately before this halfwit ruins your reputation.

Only 4 National Titles...what an untalented coaching bastard.

Didn't do much at mich. state except for 1 year. Dantonio has done a hell of a lot better up there. Did alright at LSU before leaving. Went 6-6 at Bama before bringing in the best classes every year and taking over. Even then lost to a bunch of Mormons and somehow lost a BCS bowl to Bob Stoops of all people. And didn't just lose, got dominated by a team that's been ravaged by injuries. He's good, but some people say he could be the best college coach ever....and going by that argument he's overrated.

aPTfxZV.gif

Ok he's overrated.. does this mean we don't have to go through anymore Saban is going here or there threads every off season?

You do know how many games he's lost the last four years right? How many NC he has?

Did you Bama fans really think y'all could lose that game and not catch hell?? It's unacceptable, and this is the kind of s--t you have to deal with now.

Sugar Bowl looked a lot like last years.

No.11 beating down No.3

Saban = Muschamp

Sugar Bowl looked a lot like last years.

No.11 beating down No.3

Saban = Muschamp

39110-Will-Smith-OH-HELL-NO-gif-S6ho.gif

PeOkjoB.gif

Saban shouldn't have brought in Lane Kiffin as a consultant.

Has no one commented on how ugly Derrik Henry is yet?

The uglier the player, the better the talent.

nfl_u_tebow_b1_300.jpg

Wtf is wrong with his noggin?

No idea.

I can't tell if it's on purpose or if he's just mostly bald.

No idea.

I can't tell if it's on purpose or if he's just mostly bald.

If you look at other pics of him (lolugay, googling pics of teenage boys), he does have a bad hairline, but it isn't as ugly as that pic you posted earlier.

Saban and his team acts like no one can beat them, All season long it was always about Alabama, The last interception last night that was returned for a pick six was awesome! Loved the look on Sabans face when that happened!

Roll tears roll

Did you Bama fans really think y'all could lose that game and not catch hell?? It's unacceptable, and this is the kind of s--t you have to deal with now.

So which 2-3 games will South Carolina lose next year?