• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noah

teaching the athlete to speak

50 posts in this topic

How many times have you seen an athlete interviewed on TV and thought afterward, "He goes to college?" The athlete's appearance, manner and words didn't seem to equal his ability on the field or to mesh with his level of education.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2..._their_be.html

Probably best to be seen and not heard. :D

Typically when listening to a Louisville interview.

Typically when listening to a Louisville interview.

take a listen to Marshall from the Barn

Tried. My ears started to bleed.

Most Louisville fans are Eminem-esque if you take my meaning. It's horrible.

Most Louisville fans are Eminem-esque if you take my meaning. It's horrible.

I cringed when Herbstreit and Musburger tried to interview Eminen.... what a damn freak!

I work with a young man that's speaking is so bad....he doesn't even know what he's saying.

Post game looker room interviews are pointless. The heat of the moment rush is the wrong time to gauge intelligence or speaking ability. Its just like twitter, the wrong place. These guys are not stupid and when in a formal setting you find the normal range of ability to speak formally you would find in any group.

No kidding. Good grief.

It's Bush's fault.

no dumbass left behind..

I love the ones that follow every third word with "you know what I'm saying"

If you've never heard it you know what I'm saying it will trip you out you know what I'm saying..

If you've never heard it you know what I'm saying it will trip you out you know what I'm saying..

my bad is on my list

If you haven't seen "We're the Millers," which is pretty damn funny, they address this very phrase. At one point some jerkoff comes along in the movie and every sentence he ends with "know what I'm sayin?" The main character in the movie, after the third time of hearing this, responds "Yes, I speak English, but thanks for checking in again with me on that." :lol:

Oh gosh, McCaleb had to have been the worst in recent memory at Auburn. Kid sounded like he was mumbling in his sleep.

The English language is in trouble! :lol:

came in expecting youtube videos, left disappoint. lets finish this thread the right way. every post from here on out should be a youtube video of an athlete trying to speak english. ill start...

came in expecting youtube videos, left disappoint. lets finish this thread the right way. every post from here on out should be a youtube video of an athlete trying to speak english. ill start...

He spoke pretty fast, but I could understand everything he said. Not sure that really belongs in this thread.

He spoke pretty fast, but I could understand everything he said. Not sure that really belongs in this thread.

nutt was the embarrassment, not darren

nutt was the embarrassment, not darren

every post from here on out should be a youtube video of an athlete trying to speak english. ill start...
be a youtube video of an athlete
athlete
athlete

It's a product of the high school football stars getting passed in all of their classes because they make the school look good by going to college and playing football and the college football stars getting out of going to class because of their "practice schedule" and because they make the college look good by playing football.

Most athletes in general have the option of not learning anything, as long as they're good enough. Thankfully some choose to learn anyway, but a lot don't. By the time they get to college it's almost too late to learn to speak correctly, especially if they're good enough to stay two years and get out. High school principals, athletic directors, and teachers ought to be the ones ensuring that these guys can speak by the time they get to college or the NFL

It's a product of the high school football stars getting passed in all of their classes because they make the school look good by going to college and playing football and the college football stars getting out of going to class because of their "practice schedule" and because they make the college look good by playing football.

Most athletes in general have the option of not learning anything, as long as they're good enough. Thankfully some choose to learn anyway, but a lot don't. By the time they get to college it's almost too late to learn to speak correctly, especially if they're good enough to stay two years and get out. High school principals, athletic directors, and teachers ought to be the ones ensuring that these guys can speak by the time they get to college or the NFL

and a lot of these illiterate bastards will be millionaires soon ....lulz