• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tider27

Anthony Grant - Fire him now

115 posts in this topic

He has had plenty of time to get some talent and an offensive game plan together at Alabama. Year after year it's been lackluster on the offensive side, with only some solid defensive seasons to show so far. Is it time to cut ties and bring in someone new after the season? We're obviously not going to the big dance once again...so something has to be done, right?

My thoughts are simple, get Bruce Pearl and file an appeal for his 3 year show clause to end in the Spring rather than August. He knows basketball and he's a great coach, don't care if he was a Vol...Saban was a corndog before a Filet Migon. :trollface:

Grant is an average coach at best....it was worth the gamble IMO but it's time to move on. Alabama has great high school talent and should be a better college program.

Cut ties and find something better.

I hear Billy Gillispie is looking....

is billy still on the wagon?

Grant can NOT get his players to close a game. Its been obvious from day 1.

Needs to go.

This was a topic I was thinking about last night, too. I am starting to give up on Grant. I WAS starting to, then I started thinking about the real problems on the court. I don't think it is all Grant's fault, but he needs to make some changes, yeah.

And more on Bruce Pearl, he wants to be coaching again. He said he certainly never ruled out coming to coach in the SEC again. Wanted a school that wants to win a NC like another program at their respective University. It's debatable that Bama would commit a ton of money to basketball...but he's really the best candidate available for Bama.

The tough part is cutting ties with all his friends in Knoxville, they still love him there. Some would understand, most may consider it a stab in the back. He ultimately has to look out for his family as he said, and I think it's perfect timing. If we don't get rid of Grant this year, then it's another bad season of ticket sells as well.

I think we're gonna pull the trigger.

Yall pay Saban enough make him coach bball too. On second thought maybe not Saban teams miss alot of fieldgoals..... :trollface:

Yall pay Saban enough make him coach bball too. On second thought maybe not Saban teams miss alot of fieldgoals..... :trollface:

2/10

I was thinking that anything less than the second round of the tournament and Grant had to go. He has had plenty of time. He doesn't make excuses, like Gottfried, and I like that but there have to be results at some point.

I'm surprised this many of ya'll actually care about your basketball team. Alabama has the resources to be more competitive than they are.

I'm afraid we'll never get that high profile coach at Bama. It is what it is we have the athletes to compete with anyone (Cousins Bledsoe etc) but basketball is on the back burner.

Grant has had time he's made some improvement but we do need to make the dance every year with the talent and resources available to Alabama's coach.

I'm surprised this many of ya'll actually care about your basketball team. Alabama has the resources to be more competitive than they are.

Gottfried tried but for whatever reason he seemed to get lazy and then let his wife act like a Malzhan and go frickin nuts. Wimp had good teams here as well. He just couldnt keep his pecker in check.

Bama needs a basketball arena...I don't see any coach wanting tooo go there....

And more on Bruce Pearl, he wants to be coaching again. He said he certainly never ruled out coming to coach in the SEC again. Wanted a school that wants to win a NC like another program at their respective University. It's debatable that Bama would commit a ton of money to basketball...but he's really the best candidate available for Bama.

The tough part is cutting ties with all his friends in Knoxville, they still love him there. Some would understand, most may consider it a stab in the back. He ultimately has to look out for his family as he said, and I think it's perfect timing. If we don't get rid of Grant this year, then it's another bad season of ticket sells as well.

I think we're gonna pull the trigger.

I wouldn't hate pearl for going tooo bama...butt I would be pissed at Tennessee for not snatching him up...

some of you guys probably know that I have been one of Grant's biggest supporters (on this board) since he came here. I still think he was a good hire, and some of the problems he has faced haven't necessarily been his fault. Having said that, he is directly responsible for our lack of numbers, and our lack of offensive adjustments from year to year. he has also done a very lousy job at promoting the program. I love that he is a disciplinarian, and a class act overall. But the fact of the matter is we are the same program now that we were three years ago. We haven't necessarily gone backwards, but we stopped going forward a long time ago. his seat is on fire, and it will take some sort of miracle run in the SEC for him to keep his job in my opinion.

I am not as into the idea of Bruce Pearl as others are, however I was intrigued by an article I read about him a couple of weeks ago

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on-college-basketball/23250390/which-school-with-a-vision-will-hire-bruce-pearl-next-year

does the description of the kind of job he is looking for not sound *exactly* like Alabama, fit right to a T?

I am not as into the idea of Bruce Pearl as others are, however I was intrigued by an article I read about him a couple of weeks ago

http://mweb.cbssport...pearl-next-year

does the description of the kind of job he is looking for not sound *exactly* like Alabama, fit right to a T?

Sounds a lot like Auburn and Georgia as well. Both schools that will probably be looking for a coach next season.

Sounds a lot like Auburn and Georgia as well. Both schools that will probably be looking for a coach next season.

don't forget Tennessee...

He has to go and I wish they would go ahead and remove him now... Nearly 2mil a year and this is the product that is put on the floor...

dood-why-u-gota-be-so-mean.jpg

some of you guys probably know that I have been one of Grant's biggest supporters (on this board) since he came here. I still think he was a good hire, and some of the problems he has faced haven't necessarily been his fault. Having said that, he is directly responsible for our lack of numbers, and our lack of offensive adjustments from year to year. he has also done a very lousy job at promoting the program. I love that he is a disciplinarian, and a class act overall. But the fact of the matter is we are the same program now that we were three years ago. We haven't necessarily gone backwards, but we stopped going forward a long time ago. his seat is on fire, and it will take some sort of miracle run in the SEC for him to keep his job in my opinion.

Lack of attendance at home games will get a coach canned as quick as anything.I think that's one of the reasons Pelphrey was let go when I personally would have liked to see him get at least 1 more year with the class he had coming in.Money talks and a more than half empty arena ain't attractive for any program.

As for Pearl,I'd take the guy in a heartbeat.He's the best option out there IMO.