• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smokeyone

A&E just killed the Golden Goose

1,441 posts in this topic

A&E just announced an indefinite suspension of Phil Robertson from the Duck Dynasty TV show. Remarks in a GQ interview about the slippery slope of the homosexuality lifestyle being shoved down our throats every time you turn on the TV or open a book. Despite repeatedly stating that he accepts everyone's lifestyle choices it set the homosexual lifestyle supporters in a tizzy. A&E decided to cut their own throat it appease 2% of the US viewing market and a demographic that already hates the wildly successful TV series in what will be remembered as the stupidest business decision ever made.

You're a difficult guy to like sometimes, smokey

Really man, dude said the same thing this board says when the subject is broached here, same thing the overwhelming majority of folks think and the homosexual lifestyle lobbyist lose their mind.

Honest question, would you rather have sex with your wife or the sexyist man alive?

Really man, dude said the same thing this board says when the subject is broached here, same thing the overwhelming majority of folks think and the homosexual lifestyle lobbyist lose their mind.

Honest question, would you rather have sex with your wife or the sexyist man alive?

I'm a married straight guy. I don't feel the slightest bit threatened by homosexuality

Why do you?

Predictably, Smokes is the OP of this thread.

My hazard of a guess at Smokes' reaction:

Jimmies-Maximum-Over-Rustled-Meme-Gif.gif

I'm a married straight guy. I don't feel the slightest bit threatened by homosexuality

Why do you?

No threat to me at all. I just dont understand why 2% of the countries population has to be in 100% of TV, movies and books or they have to shut it down.

Predictably, Smokes is the OP of this thread.

My hazard of a guess at Smokes' reaction:

Jimmies-Maximum-Over-Rustled-Meme-Gif.gif

The show will either move to another channel and A&E folds or they just shut down the show and A&E folds. Jimmies are immaculate as Jimmy Johnsons hair.

I am sure that Phil is sitting at home right now sobbing in his beard. ** Hasn't he said a few times that he doesn't really dig doing the show anyway.

It doesnt bother me what Phil thinks. Doesnt bother me what queers think. He has just as much of a right to lobby against it as they do for it. A&E just lost a lot of viewers and dough. Sucks for them

The show will either move to another channel and A&E folds or they just shut down the show and A&E folds. Jimmies are immaculate as Jimmy Johnsons hair.

Don't be shy Smokes; we all know quite well how you always step up to the SECTalk pulpit for a week or so when something involving the homosexuals is released by the news agencies.

Go ahead, clear your system; I know there is a diatribe against A&E just waiting to be released.

Dumbass decision by A&E.

Kicking someone off a show for voicing their opinion, they will lose a lot of money off of this.

Since the new season is already filmed and starts next month will A&E edit Phil out or not air the season or cash in one last time like hypocrites.

Don't be shy Smokes; we all know quite well how you always step up to the SECTalk pulpit for a week or so when something involving the homosexuals is released by the news agencies.

Go ahead, clear your system; I know there is a diatribe against A&E just waiting to be released.

u gay bro?

:trollface:

u gay bro?

:trollface:

No, just countering Smokes' numerous invasions of the Magnolia State thread with instigations in this one. :trollface:

No threat to me at all. I just dont understand why 2% of the countries population has to be in 100% of TV, movies and books or they have to shut it down.

This is probably an exaggeration. If anything, you have rarely ever seen a gay lead role in a major film. But Phil had just as much right not to support homosexuality as the homosexuals have to be who they are. If they don't like him, I don't watch the show. I don't think Rosanne Barr is funny, so I don't watch Roseanne reruns. There is a simple solution here, and A&E probably overreacted a touch, but it is what is. I am certainly not outraged over it.

The posts in this thread make me very sad.

- Insinuating A&E should choose money over morality

- Saying that people that disagree with Phil in America represents anything close to 2%

- Being ok with the fact that he downplayed the struggle of African American's before Civil Rights

This is probably an exaggeration. If anything, you have rarely ever seen a gay lead role in a major film. But Phil had just as much right not to support homosexuality as the homosexuals have to be who they are. If they don't like him, I don't watch the show. I don't think Rosanne Barr is funny, so I don't watch Roseanne reruns. There is a simple solution here, and A&E probably overreacted a touch, but it is what is. I am certainly not outraged over it.

Have you seen many TV shows or movies that haven't had a homosexual character or a character that acts gay?

as far as im concerned A&E can suck a dick.... but phil would strongly advise against it

- Saying that people that disagree with Phil in America represents anything close to 2%

- Being ok with the fact that he downplayed the struggle of African American's before Civil Rights

the 2% is the estimated % of Americans that have made the choice to live a homosexual lifestyle. I am sure the number that disagree with Phil is in the low double digits ~15-25%. And I'm sure the number that will claim to disagree based not on reading what he said but on what others say about what he said will add another 10-20%.

I haven't heard this one.

A&E is choosing neither money or morality. They are choosing appeasement to the fake PC crowd.

i happen to agree with phil's general comments, but why is some homo offended by someones opinion? people are far too sensitive. people say and do things i generally find atrocious, but i dont go all crazy and start crying about it. i have thick skin, realize that person might be an idiot, and move one. this is america. we have the freedom to say whatever we want and also the freedom to ignore it if we find it repulsive. its a two way street....i suck up all the things i dont agree with as part of the price i have to pay to be free. why does a&e feel the need to do this? he is expressing his opinion on the matter, and an opinion that most if not all of his boys and their families will share. they better hope GQ doesnt go interviewing jase, jep, willie, and si....almost guaranteed they share the same belief. big lanekiffin.gifing deal.....

I don't get the appeal of Duck Dynasty or any of these type shows.Heck,my friends are more entertaining.To each his own.......no homo.

I haven't heard this one.

No one has